What's new

Pakistan's newest helicopters:Swiss Alouette III

Originally Posted by Dark Angel
"These are in service with India & Pakistan for a long time and a reliable we even used them in Leh flash floods "

@ Dark Angel; this is slightly off-topic, but just for information:
These choppers first flew for the IN for "plane-guard SAR" aboard INS Vikrant in July 1964. Later for the IAF and IA. That is one hell of a long time ago.
Now they are rather tired birds and up for replacement. HAL is about to shut down the production line (300+ produced). The French shut theirs down in 1979 and French Air Force retired them in June 2004.
Good choppers, but their time has run out.

13 September 2010

Switzerland is donating ten retired SA316B Alouette III helicopters to Pakistan.

September 13: Switzerland is donating ten retired SA316B Alouette III helicopters to Pakistan to help in flood rescue work, the Swiss government announced last Wednesday.

The Alouette is being progressively replaced in Swiss Air Force service by the Eurocopter EC635 and the ten examples are amongst the first to be withdrawn. According to swissinfo.ch, Pakistan has signed a commitment to only use the helicopters for search and rescue and so are not subject to a Swiss law governing arms exports.

The Swiss Air Force still has around 35 Alouettes in service, but all are expected to be withdrawn by the end of the year. The Pakistan Air Force currently operates ten SA316B Alouette IIIs, in service since 1968, and the Pakistan Army Aviation Corps also operates five examples.

AFM

No, no,Imran bhai its a very good helicopter. Just check out the relevant Wikipedia page:
Aérospatiale Alouette III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are absolutely right my Friend. Alouette III is an ultimate Search and Rescue Helicopter.

Too many self Proclaimed Experts and Think Tankers who don't know squat about aircrafts have a habit of running their mouths without any knowledge.

First of all these Helicopters were a gift.

Secondly , they are a great machine for Search and Rescue missions.

Just because they have been around for 50 years does not mean they are junk.

C130's have been around for longer than that and the US and Air Forces around the World still use them.

Nobody in their right mind would call C130's Junk.

If any Air Force considers them Junk, I will gladly take these Junk off their hands.

We all hail the alloette because of the service it has given in Siachen.. being the only helicopter to be able to go there and back with ease.

In high altitude operation, you really learn the value of your Chopper when it gets you out of bad situation.

In that environment you run out of COLLECTIVE very fast.

Alouette III will get you out most JAMS.

When they get old enough that Air Forces start discarding them, I would love to own one.

Lt. Gen. (R ) Nadeem Ahmed, HI (M), SE, T Bt

Lt. Gen. (R) Nadeem Ahmed was appointed as Chairman, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), on 12th May, 2010.

Before joining the NDMA, he was Commander 1 Corps, Mangla where he efficiently and successfully completed the 2 - year command period of this Strike Corps.

Earlier, in 2006 he held the post of Deputy Chairman, Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA), where he undertook the complete spectrum of disaster management. The General strategised, implemented and supervised the entire early recovery, reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts till May 2008.

After the October 2005 Earthquake, he was appointed the Chief Military Coordinator in the Federal Relief Commission (FRC) and articulated the entire relief/rescue operations. He also served as Director General of the Anti Narcotics Force (DG ANF) from 2003 to 2005. He is an Infantry Officer who was commissioned in 1971 and served at various Regimental/Formation level command and staff assignments.

Lt. Gen. (R ) Nadeem Ahmed is a graduate of Command and Staff College, Quetta and College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. Besides this, he also holds two Master Degrees in War Studies and Strategic Studies from the National Defence University, Islamabad and the US Army War College.

He is the recipient of the National Awards; Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-e-Eesar, Tamgha-e-Basalat, Shah-Hamdan Gold Medal by the Government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir and the UN Habitat Scroll of Honour.

I think Alouette II and Alouette III should be given to Disaster Management as well as some more to PN for Pakistan Coast Guards duties...

You are absolutely right my Friend. Alouette III is an ultimate Search and Rescue Helicopter.

Too many self Proclaimed Experts and Think Tankers who don't know squat about aircrafts have a habit of running their mouths without any knowledge.

First of all these Helicopters were a gift.

Secondly , they are a great machine for Search and Rescue missions.

Just because they have been around for 50 years does not mean they are junk.

C130's have been around for longer than that and the US and Air Forces around the World still use them.

Nobody in their right mind would call C130's Junk.

If any Air Force considers them Junk, I will gladly take these Junk off their hands.

Currently upgraded version of C-130J Super Hercules used not C-130 Hecules. I think only HAL upgraded this helicopter called Cheetal. French shut their production line long ago.

India has been Manufacturing them as HAL Chetaks and has our own upgraded version,the HAL Chetan with glass cockpit,engines etc.

India has been Manufacturing them as HAL Chetaks and has our own upgraded version,the HAL Chetan with glass cockpit,engines etc.

I think even India is planning on stopping the Production of Alouette III's.....

I think even India is planning on stopping the Production of Alouette III's.....

Bro,
We are having HAL Dhruvs carrying out most roles of HAL Chetaks (Alouette III's). We will definitly stop them in a 2 years max,when HAL LUH kicks in.
Its a good chopper no doubt.
@Pakistanisage: update bro.only upgraded HAL Chetan production line exists in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro,
We are having HAL Dhruvs carrying out most roles of HAL Chetaks (Alouette III's). We will definitly stop them in a 2 years max,when HAL LUH kicks in.
Its a good chopper no doubt.
@Pakistanisage: update bro.only upgraded HAL Chetan production line exists in India.

Upne chetak hummay bech do yaar.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom