What's new

Pakistan's Karachi is the 'most dangerous megacity' in the world.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
US magazine terms Karachi 'most dangerous megacity' in the world.
By Web DeskPublished: September 8, 2013

"From 2000 to 2010, Karachi's population grew more than 80 percent. That's roughly equivalent to adding more than New York City's entire population in just a decade.
A US magazine ‘Foreign Policy’ has termed Karachi “the most dangerous megacity” in the world.
In a piece on Karachi’s role in the global trade of methamphetamine — an illegal psychostimulant – Foreign Policy cited a murder rate of 12.3 per 100, 000 residents, “some 25 percent higher than any other major city”.
Commenting on the recent pace of change in Karachi, the report states:
“From 2000 to 2010, Karachi’s population grew more than 80 percent. That’s roughly equivalent to adding more than New York City’s entire population in just a decade.”
The article says that “gangs tied to political parties have long operated in the poorer parts of the city, running extortion rings and land-grab schemes”, asserting that these factors have helped turn conditions in the city to one of the most fertile hotbeds for meth trade.

US magazine terms Karachi ‘most dangerous megacity’ in the world – The Express Tribune

I grew up in Karachi and in 70s/80s it used to be a very safe city, i can vouch for that. currently Karachi has become battleground for all the political parties of Pakistan.with total disregard for the citizens who live there.these Parties with their narrow minded vision or no vision in same cases have completly destroyed what could have BEEN the Jewel of Asia !
MQM.ANP,PPP,PML,POLICE,RANGERS,ARMY,CIVIL SERVANTS, AND NOT TO FORGET JAMAAT, THEY ALL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHATS HAPPENING NOW !!!!

its rather based on one man's opinion not statistics

I grew up in Karachi and in 70s/80s it used to be a very safe city, i can vouch for that. currently Karachi has become battleground for all the political parties of Pakistan.with total disregard for the citizens who live there.these Parties with their narrow minded vision or no vision in same cases have completly destroyed what could have BEEN the Jewel of Asia !
MQM.ANP,PPP,PML,POLICE,RANGERS,ARMY,CIVIL SERVANTS, AND NOT TO FORGET JAMAAT, THEY ALL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR WHATS HAPPENING NOW !!!!

Karachi has become a safe heaven for all the criminals

the issue is not political but politics is also involved nevertheless

the destruction of karachi started with the influx of crime infested people who migrated to karachi and no check and balance was maintained on who was coming to karachi

Nobody can destroy Karachi, even after so many incidents, in few hours people are on the road. Government seems to be doing all it can to normalize the city of Karachi.

Ah,come on man,I grew up in Karachi as well,and the situation is not that much worse as you are persisting,infact just today Governer Sindh Qaym Ali Shah stated to press conference and give detailed discussion of Karachi security and criminal situation,he stated that crime rate is decreased by 25% due to sucessful target operation lead by Rangers and LEA sectors.
This fact cannot be denied that every political party wantedgain their own hegemoney and in order to attain this,they can stoop to any dirty level.

because it's a face of Pakistan. (positive way)

u need to arrange more police and build more police stations

KarachiPakistan

it happens when a city is sprawling with tens of millions of people you have very loose grip in short lawlessness

its not political, but politics is to be blamed

the only solution is to give authority to karachi, and give its command to Karachiites

I am not sure there's a grain of truth in this. South American mega cities such as Rio and Sao Paulo are more dangerous than Karachi.

Other South American cities such as Caracas, Bogata, as well a lot of the big South African cities are significantly more dangerous as well. Though it's arguable whether those cities are "mega cities", but Rio and Sao definitely are mega cities.

Back
Top Bottom