What's new

Pakistan's googly: Drugs, arms may have been loaded on train in India

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan's googly: Drugs, arms may have been loaded on train in India

Even as Indian customs authorities struggle to crack the mystery of the recovery of 105 kg heroin and 500 live cartridges from a Pakistani goods train on Monday, their Pakistani counterparts stress that the possibility of the drugs and arms having been loaded in Indian territory, between Attari

and Amritsar, could not be ruled out.

Lahore customs collector Fazal Yazdani Khan, who was in Amritsar on Wednesday, said, "Since I was in India for the past few days, I have got the details from customs authorities here. I have been told that the metal seal of the wagon was intact in Attari but was found broken in Amritsar. Since the matter is under investigation, I do not rule out that the heroin could have been loaded between Amritsar and Attari."

The goods train had quaintly taken more than four hours to reach Amritsar from Attari station -- the distance is merely 28 km. Indeed as per the Indian customs authorities, it is between Attari and Amritsar that the seals of the wagon were broken. But there has been no suggestion so far that the very loading of the drugs and arms took place in India.

"I am not suggesting this but I am not ruling this out," Khan said, adding, however, that such seizures were not good for trade between both the nations, and Pakistan was making serious efforts to curb the menace of smuggling. "We have now started using metal seals on the wagons, and will ensure that goods are loaded under the observation of officials."

Amritsar customs commissioner KK Sharma, when asked about the comment of the Pakistani official, said, "You know everything." On a question regarding absence of scanners, Sharma said, "Too much importance is being given to scanners." Asked if there had been any breakthrough, he said it was premature to comment.

Meanwhile, a delegation of Indian traders met the Pakistani officer and urged him for efforts to curb smuggling. Since the seizure was of a very high magnitude, various security agencies are also learnt to have taken down details.

=======================================================

This was response to previous report india accusing pakistan of smuggling drugs into india.

101 kg heroin found in Pakistani cement bags in Amritsar

Amritsar: In the biggest seizure of heroin so far, customs officials in Amritsar on Monday seized nearly 101 kg heroin from cement bags that arrived from Pakistan on a goods train.

Customs department sources said this was the single biggest seizure of heroin at the railway dry port.

The officials also seized over 500 rounds of live ammunition.

The heroin is valued at over Rs.500 crore in the international market, the sources said.

The goods train had brought the cement from Pakistan.

"The heroin was packed in packets and put inside the cement bags. Further investigations are on," said a customs official.

India and Pakistan do limited trade by train and trucks through the Attari-Wagah land route border, 30 km from Amritsar.

Guns are cheaper in Pakistan, so does narcotics. There is no reason for someone to load it in India.

Junkies like on the both sides of the border . They are sending their good wishes to each other . :D

4 Wars failed, 2 decades of Terrorism acts failed .

Now this comes. Now its getting more clearer ...why Pakistan gave MFN status to India recently.

why does nearly every Pakistani official talk like Zaid Hamid?

LOL 500 crore for 101 kG heroin, Pakistan should start trading heroin instead No need IMF loan, No AID Nothing, Money will come like ocean, Couple of ships full of 2000 ton Of heroin each And thats All, Economy will triple in years, all bills paid, pakistani govt should legitimize it and Start Trading NOW!

What....I thought Punjabis on both sides are at the forefront for establishing normal relations bcs of shared culture.

its ntnng like dat..even some punjabi visit there then its due to religious site otherwise no body gives damn.

LOL 500 crore for 101 kG heroin, Pakistan should start trading heroin instead No need IMF loan, No AID Nothing, Money will come like ocean, Couple of ships full of 2000 ton Of heroin each And thats All, Economy will triple in years, all bills paid, pakistani govt should legitimize it and Start Trading NOW!

Ship it to US in return for F 16

Back
Top Bottom