What's new

“Pakistan’s friendship with China will push US closer to India”

Why is it Pakistan can't have strong manufacturing exports? Is it because China and India have got things on lock down?

sad to see you get banned, It's fun to read your posts.

how many naughty points should I give you?

it's question of time and economy, remember PA evaluated and rejected M1 Abrams- one of the most expensive tank.
So it's about economy, If tomorrow Pakistan's economy picks up and it lines up a 20 billion dollar deal for any equipment - you will the line of everyone trying to sale... and what India says or does won't matter.

Hi,

Yesterday's friends are today's enemies and todays' friends are tomorrow's enemies.

The fact of the matter is (regardless). We (India and Pakistan) are here to stay for long time to come, if not forever.

So, instead of getting stuck in one midnet for far too long, we should explore new venues to move forward.

As it is said you cant choose your neighbours, you only live with them

s
it's question of time and economy, remember PA evaluated and rejected M1 Abrams- one of the most expensive tank.
So it's about economy, If tomorrow Pakistan's economy picks up and it lines up a 20 billion dollar deal for any equipment - you will the line of everyone trying to sale... and what India says or does won't matter.
the Abram tank under evaluation showed poor performance
it repeatedly missed the targets and then it broke down.
I am talking about the trials in Bahalwalpur just before Gen Zia's plane crash under suspicious circumstances

Stay away from Uncle Sam stay away from troubles and tensions, wish India and USA have great strong relations:lol:

There is merit in what you have written.

Maybe its the Vikramaditya effect and / or something to do with shifting priorities coupled with the fact that India is in a position to pay for what it wants now.

In any case these ' friendships' are seasonal.

Nations need to focus on only one thing - Economy. The rest follows.
I kind of agree. Growth and a strong economy has a way of emboldening societies and strengthening their foreign policies. This is not a belief but fact. As good news continues to come and also as deaths are fewer, societies maintain a stronger foreign policy and guard their interests.

In Pakistan we have surrendered our common interests, surrendered our foreign policy and have no real plan about what we will do once America completely betrays us completely which is bound to happen when they do not need us anymore. Part of the reason is a poor economy, an acceptance of death as a common feature, and fear of the strongest country in the world.

Current blunders in Pakistani foreign policy remain that we did not protest the India-US nuke deal nor did we protest the supply of weapons to India. A reason for this is that a nation without many achievements in the past years and due to a terrorist insurgency is to look within. India is doing the very opposite. It is looking outside and trying to broaden its influence.

The logic is different too. Pakistanis have a terrorism problem-the questions we ask is how and why is a Pakistani killing a Pakistani. The questions India asks-why don't we have a larger role in the global environment. In any case if Pakistan does not look at its interests soon it will be left behind even in the international stage.

A wise man once said "There are no friends among nations, only interests."

Pakistan's local Industrial capability has nearly collapsed under the shadow of Pak-China trading matters but my fellow brethren continue to sing songs about Pak-China friendship.

Yes, I root for friendly relations with all countries that are not attempting to harm Pakistan but Pakistan should learn to stand on its own feet and protect its national interests.
Well said! :tup:

There's been too much dependence on China of late. They've literally taken over parts of GB, stationing 11,000 Chinese there including soldiers of the PLAN, engineers, workers etc for infrastructure projects. It's almost become a prefecture of China and will probably become an autonomous region of China like the TAR sooner than later!

Add to that the Gwadar Port which has been leased out to China for 40 years which will soon be swamped by the Chinese apart from the so called industrial corridors along the CPEC which would be the manufacturing hubs for Chinese goods for export!! Add to this mix, Chinese aircraft, missiles, submarines and other weapon systems and it's China China all the way!

Is it a case of too many eggs in one basket?

I kind of agree. Growth and a strong economy has a way of emboldening societies and strengthening their foreign policies. This is not a belief but fact. As good news continues to come and also as deaths are fewer, societies maintain a stronger foreign policy and guard their interests.

In Pakistan we have surrendered our common interests, surrendered our foreign policy and have no real plan about what we will do once America completely betrays us completely which is bound to happen when they do not need us anymore. Part of the reason is a poor economy, an acceptance of death as a common feature, and fear of the strongest country in the world.

Current blunders in Pakistani foreign policy remain that we did not protest the India-US nuke deal nor did we protest the supply of weapons to India. A reason for this is that a nation without many achievements in the past years and due to a terrorist insurgency is to look within. India is doing the very opposite. It is looking outside and trying to broaden its influence.

The logic is different too. Pakistanis have a terrorism problem-the questions we ask is how and why is a Pakistani killing a Pakistani. The questions India asks-why don't we have a larger role in the global environment. In any case if Pakistan does not look at its interests soon it will be left behind even in the international stage.

Its your nation & no one has a right to comment.

However since you have mentioned it , in my view the issue with your nation is not having grown out of the ' school boy ' mentality ( no offence meant ) of having Best Friends.

Being in a camp . taking sides , relying on others.. all these help in the short run but eventually pull the nation down , in fact cripple it because it always then needs a crutch.

Pak has everything except the attitude.

Relationships are based on give & take. Pak is offering nothing but itself . It did the same to Uncle Sam - CENTO to ISAF days. Is doing the same to China now. Nothing has changed from Ayub's days to now.

Requirements / priorities of nations shift. Once they did ( Af), Pak was left holding the baby - everyone left . It was great while the going was good. Quite like a dose of steroids - giving the illusion of well being with permanent side effects.

The answer if you ask me is to shut up, screw the world , put religion on hold , put your head down & work.

Work to build the nations institutions, infrastructure, become predictable internally - the economy will bloom by itself.

People are going Gaga over the proposed Highway from China. To me , the first though is that it will ruin the economy. The rich may get richer, but the poor will only get worse. Low cost chinese good will flood the market driving out small industries , artisans and so much more. No local manufacturer will be able to compete with the prices .

You may feel that the end user will get cheap good, where will he get the money to buy when what he has will not sell ?

I could go on, but like I said , its your nation.

Last edited:
the Abram tank under evaluation showed poor performance
it repeatedly missed the targets and then it broke down.
I am talking about the trials in Bahalwalpur just before Gen Zia's plane crash under suspicious circumstances
What was the model? Sounds like a faulty variant as well.

I don't know much about IPM1 model but M1A1 and M1A2 models are among the best MBT ever manufactured. IPM1 is the earliest model and have been phased out.

What was our Industrial strength before China-Pakistan friendship ??

lets say there is no China in the world for a second ?? then what will be our industrial strength.

The Answer is : Almost the same.

Because we are not a manufacturing nation but a Importer and in the world where china and india and other manufacturing nations are we don't have enough space to manufacture thanks to the cost.

We need to focus on becoming services providers like US, US is not producing anything except Defense equipment but their economy is largely based on services.
You are wrong.

Read this article and enlighten yourself: The World Trade Review

How many "made in Pakistan" products you see in the markets in current times? They are nearly non-existent. Markets are flooded with substandard Chinese goods in current times.

Load-shedding have also damaged Pakistani industrial capability.

What was the model? Sounds like a faulty variant as well.

I don't know much about IPM1 model but M1A1 and M1A2 models are among the best MBT ever manufactured. IPM1 is the earliest model and have been phased out.

You are wrong.

Read this article and enlighten yourself: The World Trade Review

How many "made in Pakistan" products you see in the markets in current times? They are nearly non-existent. Markets are flooded with substandard Chinese goods in current times.

Load-shedding have also damaged Pakistani industrial capability.

Can you please name *Made In Pakistan* products ?? and also mention some *hi-tech* products which are not existant now due to China ?

US were never close with Pakistan. They were using Pakistan and constant threats of siding with India used as a stick and now China brings equilibrium to the equation with their good heart and intentions.

Long live a prosperous and peaceful Pak-China relationship. US can cosy up to their war crime partners India.

Whats interesting to note is India can be friendly towards Israel and Iran and its ok. They can even be friendly with China and its ok. But Pakistan, building relations with a friendly neighbor. NO NO NO this is unacceptable. :lol: We live in strange times.

you do not get f-16s without being close

I don't think this is going to happen.
International politics are way matured nowadays and it is only national interests and not some crap like good intentions or friendship.
USA will need Pakistan as long as it is harboring anti-US elements in its soil.
Other media stunts like USA condemning Pakistan on LeT presence in Pakistan is just bogey.
USA is only interested in eradicating ISIS, Al-Qaeda etc

Back
Top Bottom