What's new

Pakistan’s external debt set to grow to whopping $90b

Greece achieved a primary government budget surplus in 2013. In April 2014, Greece returned to the global bond market as it successfully sold €3 billion worth of five-year government bonds at a yield of 4.95%. Greece returned to growth after six years of economic decline in the second quarter of 2014, and was the Eurozone's fastest-growing economy in the third quarter.

How can a country be prospering when there is 25% unemployment and whose economy got shrunk by 20%?
Greece is just trying to stay afloat by making promises & deals to borrow more.

How can a country be prospering when there is 25% unemployment and whose economy got shrunk by 20%?
Greece is just trying to stay afloat by making promises & deals to borrow more.

greece-unemployment-rate.png

greece-gdp-per-capita.png

Still 4X of Pakistan Per Capita Income
And 3X of India Per Capita Income

You know they are not prospering.
But if you compare their per capita income to Somalia - Voila they are!

Have a nice day my friend.

No. you have mistaken. i compared there Per Capita with Pakistan and India, Not any Somalia - Voila..

Are you missing the part where greece gdp/capita drops drastically ? And how unemployment rate is still extremely high. If Pakistan's GDP/capita takes such a hit, I'm pretty sure half of the population would go below the poverty line...

And how they managed to decrease it from 26% to 24% in a single year.

In my dictionary , Improving is Prospering.

If I were Pakistan's head, I would file for bankruptcy.

why ? explain Please

What about Greece debt ?? if i am not wrong it's more then 550 Billion US dollars. Still Greece is on the Map and Prospering.

Have you been to Greece ? I have been there. The situation is extremely bad and unemployment is visible on the roads itself. The cities are extremely dirty and situation is gonna get worse before it improves.

E.g. In major parts of Athens, the roads extremely narrow. They should have invested in small public buses whose operational costs are low. Rather they spent the entire budget meant for roads & Infrastructure in one go and that too on big Volvo buses. Budgeting is extremely bad.

If it hadn't been in euro zone no one would have lent a penny to them.

@RealNapster No. you have mistaken. i compared there Per Capita with Pakistan and India, Not any Somalia - Voila..

One and the same thing, if you compare the EU member state with Pakistan.
You WILL find the stark difference in the HDI.

Cutting the Beef Hindquarter with a steak knife?
Keep on keeping.

Have you been to Greece ? I have been there. The situation is extremely bad and unemployment is visible on the roads itself. The cities are extremely dirty and situation is gonna get worse before it improves.

E.g. In major parts of Athens, the roads extremely narrow. They should have invested in small public buses whose operational costs are low. Rather they spent the entire budget meant for roads & Infrastructure in one go and that too on big Volvo buses. Budgeting is extremely bad.

If it hadn't been in euro zone no one would have lent a penny to them.

Now As IMF took control of that "budgeting" part. we will definitely see improvement. And as i Said "improving is prospering" ..
In one year they managed to decrease unemployment rate from 26% to 24% . in coming 3-4 years with the help of IMF they will definitely decrease it further to 15-17%.

@RealNapster No. you have mistaken. i compared there Per Capita with Pakistan and India, Not any Somalia - Voila..

One and the same thing, if you compare the EU member state with Pakistan.
You WILL find the stark difference in the HDI.

Cutting the Beef Hindquarter with a steak knife?
Keep on keeping.

Just.... Wooowwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hitwall:

Now As IMF took control of that "budgeting" part. we will definitely see improvement. And as i Said "improving is prospering" ..
In one year they managed to decrease unemployment rate from 26% to 24% . in coming 3-4 years with the help of IMF they will definitely decrease it further to 15-17%.

I can't comment on what's gonna be there 3-4 years down the line but the attitude needs to change before any change happen in economy. That there is a fact. That I hadn't seen. People are still cribbing because of govt expense cuts !

The employment rate reduced by means of a lot of tricky number play. Reductions in people filing for unemployment, govt making some jobs available by salary cuts and opening some positions in bureaucracy.
You cannot simply quote some random data without knowing anything about the ground realities and/or being to Greece and being familiar with European politics and Economics sitting in Pakistan. I was in Creta last year.
Looked like my little village.

I would like to point out however, that Pakistan is in a different situation because of the growing economy and youth.

In Greece and other European economies or even some south american ones, the economic stagnation was inevitable.

In Pakistan, policy changes and stability can quite easily make the debt feasible. So nothing to really worry about if situation keeps improving like it has.

The employment rate reduced by means of a lot of tricky number play. Reductions in people filing for unemployment, govt making some jobs available by salary cuts and opening some positions in bureaucracy.
You cannot simply quote some random data without knowing anything about the ground realities and/or being to Greece and being familiar with European politics and Economics sitting in Pakistan. I was in Creta last year.

I would like to point out however, that Pakistan is in a different situation because of the growing economy and youth.

In Greece and other European economies or even some south american ones, the economic stagnation was inevitable.

In Pakistan, policy changes and stability can quite easily make the debt feasible. So nothing to really worry about if situation keeps improving like it has.

If anything grows in Pakistan this fast, it's DEBT.

We have all kinds of blind idiots running around claiming N.Sharif is the economic mastermind, or some other politician can do financial miracles. None of them wants to focus on what this debt will do to us.

While loans are necessary for growth, too much loans end up being siphoned off into personal coffers and into poorly managed projects. This is why Pakistanis end up paying for nothing.

We can't blame the current govt alone, every previous govt (with the exception of Musharraf tenure) has done its part to worsen the situation.

Like him or hate him, someone needs to do for Pakistan what MMS did for India. Sure there's corruption and scandals, but there's also loads of cash with the govt.

If anything grows in Pakistan this fast, it's DEBT.

We have all kinds of blind idiots running around claiming N.Sharif is the economic mastermind, or some other politician can do financial miracles. None of them wants to focus on what this debt will do to us.

While loans are necessary for growth, too much loans end up being siphoned off into personal coffers and into poorly managed projects. This is why Pakistanis end up paying for nothing.

We can't blame the current govt alone, every previous govt (with the exception of Musharraf tenure) has done its part to worsen the situation.

Like him or hate him, someone needs to do for Pakistan what MMS did for India. Sure there's corruption and scandals, but there's also loads of cash with the govt.
Sell one nuke to saudi. Loan is zero. I expect positive feedback from pakistani members.:-)

:tup:

You can build tactical nukes and pretend to be india,s equal .... BUT as a nation Pakistan is in financial meltdown.

200 million Pakistanis AND no money to even service the interest on a $90 billion debt.

Back
Top Bottom