What's new

Pakistan’s exports increased in quantitative term: Dawood

Very valid point. But as we all know @xyxmt is a big supporter of those corrupt parties

well at least i don't blindly support any party
besides you don't have brain enough to decide who has a valid point, you only have one track mind as long as it goes in Imran's favor then it is your valid point.

Last edited:
At this point we can only compete on costs. Offering price concessions where possible to foreign buyers is needed.... especially in garments and footwear. Best way to compete with SE Asia and Bangladesh. Additional larger orders may roll in the future.

American apparel retailers are not doing well....they need cheaper suppliers. Pakistan may benefit. Once a relationship is built with large western retailers we can offer low cost manufacturing in other areas. We need to keep up the export drive going. Low cost high volume.

Whether he is a supporter of corrupt parties or not...is not the issue? The issue is that he expects that if the prices go down the quantity does not increase (which has increased). This does not require a lesson in economics maybe business but it is a common occurrence where companies reduce the prices of their goods. The do not do it out of generosity but they make back their money with the increase in quantity demanded.

I am sorry to say but you still don't understand what we are discussing here.
I gave up with the other guy i was having this discussion because you do not even understand the issue.

issue is bringing more F'ing dollars that why you want to increase your exports, not exporting more quantity. that is what your minister is saying the exports have only increased in quantity and I agree with him because with devaluation your export will increase in quantity but you will only bring same dollars or marginally more.

And please you have no industry, list me few industries whose exports are more than 500 mil yearly. dont count your textiles as industry, bed sheets and towels making is only a step above raw cotton.

he genius I stopped reading after highlighted part, international trade is done in Dollars not rupee. but for your sake we assume your point is right that means you will sell 1.5 tons for same dollars as we we selling 1 tons before, as i said in my post. and what is that we are trying to bring in more Dollars? or just exporting more rice is our problem

OMG these idiots now looking to find anything that makes currency devaluation looks good.
I hops Imran and his team does not read these posts or they can get so excited they can go to Rs 300 per dollar.

OMG these idiots now looking to find anything that makes currency devaluation looks good.
I hops Imran and his team does not read these posts or they can get so excited they can go to Rs 300 per dollar.
Global textile and garment industry trade is huge...like 1 trillion dollars. Devaluation needs to be combined with changes in mindset and structure. This is occurring in Pakistan today.

I see no reason why we can't boost exports to 50 billion and cut imports to 15 billion in a few years.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1485646/govt-unlikely-to-achieve-export-target-for-fy19-dawood

Govt unlikely to achieve export target for FY19: Dawood

ISLAMABAD: The government is unlikely to achieve the export target set for current fiscal year despite massive devaluation of the local currency, Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood said on Thursday.

He said that his earlier projections of $27-28 billion exports were unrealistic despite government’s efforts including the release of massive subsidies to various sectors.

“Now, I think that even my realistic figure of $25bn is not achievable”, he said in an answer to a question at the press briefing.

The country’s export proceeds during July-April decreased by 0.12 per cent to 19.169bn despite a 19pc decline in local currency.

Dawood went on to say that exports are expected to decline further in the coming months.

And please you have no industry, list me few industries whose exports are more than 500 mil yearly. dont count your textiles as industry, bed sheets and towels making is only a step above raw cotton.

Our biggest and most lucrative industry is that of security services. We will rent our army and our people to any superpower that pays us enough. You can even bomb us using drones and we won't mind at all.

Back
Top Bottom