What's new

Pakistan's Currency Note before 71.

Are these 5000 Rupee notes still in circulation. I think these are high denomination notes are high risk and prone to counter feited.

Yes they are new notes but they have holographic images and it is highly protected , the note has over a dozen security graphic images etc.

I find it easy to carry around , carrying a million Rupee is not as difficult as it was with 1000 rupee notes.

But i agree it has its own pros and cons:D

How come Reserve Bank of India was still on the notes, along Government of Pakistan together on the same note?

We are not going to see Zardari or Benazir "Shaheed" :P 's Photo on our upcoming notes are we :lol:

There should be no problem. I'm okay with it. We as a nation abhor creating new heroes, everybody suffers from character assassination. Besides Shaheeds and a name or two, we dislike honouring people. That is visible in our commemorative building names, roads and place names. You can name buildings, institutes or colleges after only a handful of people, most of whom died before the '70s. The four most obvious being Jinnah, Fatima Jinnah, Iqbal and Syed Ahmed Khan. Earlier buildings have been named after I I Chundrigar and Hussain Shaheed Suhrawardy as well. We don't even name a lot of places after Liaquat, for he has been made controversial as well. What a shame that we don't like to, don't want to and don't tend to honour our "new" heroes. As I said, we don't want to let anybody become a hero. Society hates that.

I was really pissed off at the I-hate-politics crowd complaining about the BB commemorative coin in Dec '08. People didn't know that we have issued lots of commemorative coins, with Ataturk, Gandhi, Mandela on the face and ones with UN Building, FAO Logo and Child Hunger and what not.

How come Reserve Bank of India was still on the notes, along Government of Pakistan together on the same note?

1947-1953(54) When we used to write Official letters on Leaves and Quaid's wage was one rupee a month.

These notes were used during the transitional era and were replaced later on.

Are these 5000 Rupee notes still in circulation. I think these are high denomination notes are high risk and prone to counter feited.

Anybody accepting a 5000 sure spends ten minutes before keeping it.

Anyways, it shows the disparity in our country where the minimum wage (hardly enforced) is 6,000 as of now and can be paid in two banknotes. A labourer working for 5,000 can be paid in a single banknote. Imagine the feelings and emotions of a person if he's paid in a single banknote. It will most definitely make you feel worthless and is like a slap from the society on the faces of the poor.

I find it easy to carry around , carrying a million Rupee is not as difficult as it was with 1000 rupee notes.

People in Pakistan do carry a large amount of money. Never rely on transferring through banks which costs very little. And then many cry that they were robbed right outside the bank. I find it really annoying that people are unwilling to accept the mobility of banking.

Main reasons I guess for paying million in cash instead of a secure wire transfer are :-

1) Avoiding financial checks and evading taxation

2) Mistrust in Banks/Fear of Bank Fraud/Islamic opposition to Banks

3) Lack of education about ease of transfer through Banks

4) Criminals of course.

People in Pakistan do carry a large amount of money. Never rely on transferring through banks which costs very little. And then many cry that they were robbed right outside the bank. I find it really annoying that people are unwilling to accept the mobility of banking.

Main reasons I guess for paying million in cash instead of a secure wire transfer are :-

1) Avoiding financial checks and evading taxation

2) Mistrust in Banks/Fear of Bank Fraud/Islamic opposition to Banks

3) Lack of education about ease of transfer through Banks

4) Criminals of course.
These people must be idiots.I would not do any transaction in cash above 2 lac.Should be done through Bank Transfer/Draft..Wire Transfer is not required as local transfer is very easy through 1LINK Network.

100 rupee 1964

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 991x526.

My favorite notes.

50 Rupees

50_rupees_observe.JPG

100 Rupees.

500 Rupees

1000 Rupees

Hey BB please send me these notes. I want to collect them.

^ I am collecting myself , its quite hard to find them though.

off topic, I've 1910 british south asia ruling era coin exactly 100 years old coin is older than incident of titanic sinking.

Back
Top Bottom