What's new

Pakistan’s auto sector in trouble but used car demand rises

If car is the need and one want to buy, then why dont buy used cars?
As you said people cant afford it.right then buy used cars. I am sure used cars are cheaper and mire economical for those who cant buy new ones.
Dear that's exactly what we are doing. I responded to your comment that used card demand is indeed on rise and not a fake news.
What option did you have other than to not devaluate?
Brother I pay taxes, I do my part in election so that they would do good for us. Its not my job to figure out what other options they had. From my point of view its simple to see when things are going bad for me under a GOVT and its my right to complain. As I said, did GOVT showed any interest in improving local auto industry and ensuring that they can't abuse common Pakistani?

i think until our local new brands start production,govt should reduce taxes on import of used cars from japan to deal with this issue

i think until our local new brands start production,govt should reduce taxes on import of used cars from japan to deal with this issue
In their efforts to reduce trade deficit they did the exact opposite which allowed the local manufacturers to further abuse the consumers. Did GOVT asked Pak Suzuki for their recent price hikes without any fluctuation in dollar rates? Its the time GOVT should force local manufacturers to make it transparent about how much of the car parts is imported and related to dollar rate.

Brother I pay taxes, I do my part in election so that they would do good for us. Its not my job to figure out what other options they had. From my point of view its simple to see when things are going bad for me under a GOVT and its my right to complain. As I said, did GOVT showed any interest in improving local auto industry and ensuring that they can't abuse common Pakistani?

I assumed you said the gov devalued and you got "robbed" that you had a better alternative to the current economy in the doldrums. Complain all you like mate; let the folks figure it out who're working day in day out to fix the current mess we're in. Sure they won't get it right in a jiffy; its a long hard journey to better days.

And for the auto mafia; they've been at it for the last 35 years all thanks to NS/Zardari/Establishment or whatever bogeyman you believe in. If you expected IK to steamroll them in a year and open another front (he has too much on his hands) you're sheer out of luck.

In their efforts to reduce trade deficit they did the exact opposite which allowed the local manufacturers to further abuse the consumers. Did GOVT asked Pak Suzuki for their recent price hikes without any fluctuation in dollar rates? Its the time GOVT should force local manufacturers to make it transparent about how much of the car parts is imported and related to dollar rate.
No one's abusing the customer. They'll factor themselves out of this competitive market by increasing their rates. Vote with your wallet. People kept buying crap from these companies; they kinda deserve it. The world is shifting towards electric cars and here the car companies can't even provide SRS Airbags. They deserve to die.

No one's abusing the customer. They'll factor themselves out of this competitive market by increasing their rates. Vote with your wallet. People kept buying crap from these companies; they kinda deserve it. The world is shifting towards electric cars and here the car companies can't even provide SRS Airbags. They deserve to die.
People kept buying krap because GOVT made sure that krap is what we can buy from. The world has also shifted to EFI, airbags, abs brakes, climate control, eco idle and list goes on for past two decades and it doesn't change a thing for Pakistani people. If anyone is here to blame that's the GOVT of Pakistan, give the consumer options before blaming us for buying krap. If previous GOVT were bad this one is no different from them in this particular case.
What should a family man do in current situation needing a decent vehicle to meet his family needs? Wait for electric cars? Don't buy a car at all? What is the pragmatic approach? Built his own vehicle instead of buying krap that these companies are selling because GOVT allowed them to do so?

Toyota, Honda and suzuki all 3 have failed to provide any substantial benefit to Pakistan. These 3 assemble plants failed to take advantage of local manpower and keep swallowing past corrupt govt subsidies and kick backs. I won't shed a tear drop if they completely quit Pakistan and move off.

What Pakistan need today is electric friendly policy. Invite electric automobile investors and become a leader of electric cars at least in South Asia. Get help from Chinese and Americans in getting this tech along with becoming self reliant in battery manufacturing tech. The benefits of going electric are enormous including, pollution free atmosphere resulting in slow down of glaciers meltdown and lessor floods, substantial decrease in import bills wrt oil which will result into savings of hard earned forex, being updated with rest of the world for next gen tech in automobile industry, etc. At the same time heavily tax the automobile sector and gasoline.

People kept buying krap because GOVT made sure that krap is what we can buy from. The world has also shifted to EFI, airbags, abs brakes, climate control, eco idle and list goes on for past two decades and it doesn't change a thing for Pakistani people. If anyone is here to blame that's the GOVT of Pakistan, give the consumer options before blaming us for buying krap. If previous GOVT were bad this one is no different from them in this particular case.
What should a family man do in current situation needing a decent vehicle to meet his family needs? Wait for electric cars? Don't buy a car at all? What is the pragmatic approach? Built his own vehicle instead of buying krap that these companies are selling because GOVT allowed them to do so?
Man reading comments like these I wish IK nuked the whole country and started from scratch :D
Khair; hausla and sabar. If you didn't care for the past 30 years; thora aur sabar karain.

Man reading comments like these I wish IK nuked the whole country and started from scratch :D
Khair; hausla and sabar. If you didn't care for the past 30 years; thora aur sabar karain.
Dear there is no need to nuke anybody, you just need vision, planning and commitment. There are authorities, platforms and regulations. All they need is to improve, fix the holes and do better administration, is it too much to ask?

Dear there is no need to nuke anybody, you just need vision, planning and commitment. There are authorities, platforms and regulations. All they need is to improve, fix the holes and do better administration, is it too much to ask?
That's probably what they're doing right now. Results don't come in a single year.

Before, 50,000-70,000 cars were being imported meaning 50,000-70,000 people could afford to buy them. Now only 6,000 people can afford imported cars.

Sad and unfortunate that PTI's Shaikh Chillis think this is a good thing for the county.

Spoiler alert: there aren't any one trying to fix the mess right now. Everyone in govt. is busy controlling maulana from doing a sit in, in Islamabad.
Do you mean FBR/Deparment of Agriculture is busy checking how to not let Fazlu come to Islamabad :P?

Before, 50,000-70,000 cars were being imported meaning 50,000-70,000 people could afford to buy them. Now only 6,000 people can afford imported cars.

Sad and unfortunate that PTI's Shaikh Chillis think this is a good thing for the county.
Previously 500,000,000 USD was used to buy imported cars; USD which left the country.
Now only 600,000 USD is worth of cars are imported.

Sad and unfortunate that patwari Sheikh chilli's think this is a bad thing for the country.

The only problem is localization. One 44% of cultus is made locally, its been 50years and we still aren't able to locally produce cars, until the govt wont focus on localization this sector cannot rise.

Do you mean FBR/Deparment of Agriculture is busy checking how to not let Fazlu come to Islamabad :P?
I meant policy makers. But your assumption is also right. Every single state machinery is busy holding off molana diesel.

Back
Top Bottom