What's new

Pakistanis marking Saudi National Day ‘a good gesture’

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
1380035522035712100.jpg

SHARED IDENTITY: Pakistani Ambassador Naeem Khan with the chief guest Aludin Al-Askari and others at the event in Riyadh.
RIYADH : RASHID HASSAN
Published — Wednesday 25 September 2013

Pakistan Embassy hosted a series of programs to commemorate the Saudi National Day, including a symposium entitled “Strengthening Pakistan-Saudi Arabia Relations,” which took place on Monday.

The symposium highlighted Pakistan’s special connection and reverence for Saudi Arabia based on the solid foundation of a shared Islamic identity, common historical experiences and mutual perceptions on national and international issues.

The embassy also arranged numerous special events for the Pakistani community to join in the celebrations.

A series of events were organized beginning Sept. 20 and included three musical evenings at the embassy hall. Pakistani folk singer, Sanam Marvi, regaled audiences with her exquisite and melodious renditions of sufi folk songs, ghazals and poems.

The musical evenings also gave an opportunity to showcase the different aspects of Pakistani culture.
Sanam Marvi has created a niche for herself on the Pakistani music scene in a very short span of time due to her extraordinary voice, choice of songs and her high sense of professionalism.

One of the three musical evenings was reserved for the ambassadors and other diplomats based in Riyadh, while the other two events witnessed a packed audience base. Her group of musicians accompanied her on the harmonium, Indian drums (tabla and dholak), the flute and keyboard.

Chief guest Aludin Al-Askari, former deputy foreign minister for protocol affairs, said, “It is a good gesture on the part of the Pakistani community to celebrate Saudi National Day. Pakistanis in the Kingdom have a profound affection for the people of Saudi Arabia.”

Muhammad Naeem Khan, ambassador of Pakistan, highlighted the role of sufi and folk music in the cultural traditions of Pakistan.

The music itself has its origins in Turkish, Arabian, South and Central Asian and Persian cultures.
He also emphasized on the need to continue to present music and culture from Pakistan in order to present the positive aspects of Pakistani society.

The Pakistani ambassador also conveyed his greetings to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince Salman and the people of Saudi Arabia on the joyous occasion of National Day of the Kingdom.

Khan has actively promoted the various cultural dimensions of Pakistan.
The Pakistan Embassy has hosted several cultural events in the past two years. These include calligraphy and photographic exhibitions, musical events of renowned Pakistani singers and instrumentalists like Arif Lohar and Ustad Salamat Hussain and a poets’ evening with Anwar Masood and Amjad Islam Amjad.

:pakistan:
4DcYH.gif

http://www.arabnews.com/news/465767

I'm glad to know that music was played too :D

I can already see @<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145565" target="_blank">Yzd Khalifa</a></u> shaking up up his fatass and doing this. :omghaha:

This traditional dance is called 'Dharees'

This is called 'Luddi'

Last edited by a moderator:

I can already see @<u><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145565" target="_blank">Yzd Khalifa</a></u> shaking up up his fatass and doing this. :omghaha:

Amazing bro, never seen something before like that.

This also a traditional performance usually found in southern KSA.

This is called 'Luddi'

I have a few pakistani friends, damn they never told about these stuff.:angry: Gotta dig for it on youtube.

Saudi Arabia is always in our heart. It is the capital of Islam and the most dearest and the brotherly nation to us come what may.

Thank you bro, same brotherly feeling toward Pakistan and its people.:pakistan:

Saudi Arabia is SECOND HOME to most Pakistanis. Home to our beloved cities of Makkah and Medinah, How can we not celebrate the National day of KSA ?

A friendly diplomatic party and some are going bonkers, ridiculous...

Who's the chick in the pic?? :woot:

On topic. The bilateral relations between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are historically and internationally close and extremely friendly, occasionally described as constituting a 'special relationship'.

Saudi Arabia is also the largest source of petroleum for Pakistan. It also supplies extensive financial aid to Pakistan. In recent years, both countries have developed plans to expand bilateral cooperation in trade, education, real estate, tourism, information technology, communications and agriculture.

Who's the chick in the pic?? :woot:

OT but i have noticed that you guys go crazy over girls..She is not even moderately hot and you guys are asking about her..I have noticed it on other forums too...No wonder the rape rate is show high in India. You guys want to stick it in anything that moves.

OT but i have noticed that you guys go crazy over girls..She is not even moderately hot and you guys are asking about her.
It's all about perception. What's sauce for the goose may be not be sauce for the gander!! :P

I can already see @<u><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=145565" target="_blank">Yzd Khalifa</a></u> shaking up up his fatass and doing this. :omghaha:

This is called 'Luddi'

Let's rock and roll homie! :yay:

Back
Top Bottom