What's new

Pakistani Travelers Adventures in AVATAR MOVIE MOUNTAINS in 🇨🇳CHINA - ZhangJiaJie Forest

I went there in 2016. It was a little foggy. We got to one part where everyone seems to be looking at a very large pit. Because of the fog, I thought it was a large lake, but then I suddenly realized beyond the "surface of the lake" (mirrage/illusion created by the fog), I was staring into a "bottomless" pit. That was the coolest section of the mountains.

I don't know why they took everyone's fingerprint at the entrance though. Maybe presumably if you fell to your death, they could take your remains and ID you?!?!

BTW, I didn't see any foreigners or any White person there. Contrast to Beijing where it was like 50% foreigners. I think it's rare for foreigners to know about this place. Because I was touring as an international group/international passport holder, the rest of our tour bus was jammed packed with Taiwanese. You'd be surprised how many Taiwanese come and visit this place!

Last edited:
I was there in mid 90s.

What I see now is so safe compared to mid 90s.

I openly admit I was so frightened and I swore I never go back there even again

wasn't avatar movie based on the yemeni socotra island? or I am mixing it with something else

Erase the bases of these mountains and you get chunks of rocks (with vegetation on top) floating high up in the sky as depicted in the 1st AVATAR movie:

Zhangjiajie-National-Park-Hallelujah-Mountains-on-Earth-7.jpg

Zhangjiajie-National-Park-Hallelujah-Mountains-on-Earth-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom