What's new

Pakistani Trans Community Just Celebrated The Country's First Trans Pride Parade

Baby Leone

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In countries like Pakistan where bigotry and dehumanizing people is said to be a ‘’difference of opinion’’ these trans people came out on streets to give out a major statement that they cannot be erased.

On Saturday December 29th 2018, the trans community of Pakistan celebrated the country’s first trans pride parade in Lahore
trans-pride-1-600x900.jpg

Source: Queeristan / Facebook

They also lauded the government for passing the bill on the rights of trans individuals
A press conference was held at Lahore Press Club on Saturday where the members of trans community demanded the implementation of trans rights bill.

Lahore-trans-pride-march.jpg

They community also celebrated their existence with a medley of colors and fun in a small pride march
trans-pride-3-780x520.jpg

They carried out a rally on the streets of Lahore and honestly it is just so amazing (and pretty).

It was the first ever Trans Pride March in the history of Pakistan.

trans-pride-march-lahore.jpg

When it comes to representation of LGBTQ community in the country, the ground realities don’t really match the government’s efforts
Most cisgender (straight) people of Pakistan were clueless about the parade.

Faizan Fiaz @Faizan_Fiaz

https://twitter.com/Faizan_Fiaz/status/1079286657583595521

Pakistan’s first Transgender Pride March took place in Lahore yesterday and no one noticed??

1:02 PM - Dec 30, 2018

3,819 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

It’s not all bad though, as those who found out that the first ever trans pride parade of Pakistan happened were pretty excited
They were hoping for Pakistan to become a country where everybody can have equal rights and opportunities.

trans-pride-pakistan-reactions.png

Via: Twitter

Trans pride march is all about solidarity, and trans visibility and everybody should be celebrating that
Some people are admiring the courage of these people because Pakistan still unfortunately remains a country where tolerance of anything other than a Punjabi Sunni Mard is pretty low.

trans-pride-pakistan-reactions-1.png

Via: Twitter

Recently Pakistan has been making strides in the acceptance of the trans community and state level
The country is, in fact, being hailed as one of the most progressive around the world forTransgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act and has shown acceptance of trans community in public spaces with people like Marvia Malik and Kami Sid becoming mainstream public figures who aren’t caricatures of their true self.

5ab753d0547f6-900x900.jpg

Source: dawn.com
Do you see Pakistan becoming a country in near future where trans and other gender identities are accepted and celebrated? Let us know in the comments.

most of the people in the pic i know are not born trans but were Gays and then becomes She-males.

These parades are stupid and all they do is welcome unwanted attention. We were doing such a great job with integration and inclusion of these people and now its going to be seen with anger. I wont be surprised If an NGO is behind this.

These parades are stupid and all they do is welcome unwanted attention. We were doing such a great job with integration and inclusion of these people and now its going to be seen with anger. I wont be surprised If an NGO is behind this.
why seen with anger when these people come out?

we are also human being and should be allowed to celebrate our presence.

Because they have all the rights they need in pakistan and doing parades is going to spark conflict. If a Shia, Sunni, phustun, Punjab, sindhi or baloch started doing parades around town, people are going to get mad. Its common sense really, keep things that a personal, personal.

Pardon me, but what do you mean by "we"?

Because they have all the rights they need in pakistan and doing parades is going to spark conflict. If a Shia, Sunni, phustun, Punjab, sindhi or baloch started doing parades around town, people are going to get mad. Its common sense really, keep things that a personal, personal.
r u in your senses or new in Pakistan? we already have Sindhi day balochi day and Pukhtoon day to celebrate these ethnicity whole day.

I dont see it bad when people celebrate their identity or sexuality with proud to get acceptance among masses.

r u in your senses or new in Pakistan? we already have Sindhi day balochi day and Pukhtoon day to celebrate these ethnicity whole day.

I dont see it bad when people celebrate their identity or sexuality with proud to get acceptance among masses.
If men started to parade around for being men then women are going to get angry. If women started to parade around for being women, then men are going to get angry. Stop acting like a kid and understand the realities. Keep what's personal, personal.

You would think, basic human nature is understood by everyone. I recomend taking a few psychology classes.

BS parade...

Why do our Neo-liberals copy the West hand and fist without thinking of true human rights just like our religious extremists copy Saudi/Iran blindly without thinking of true Islam first????

They live in a country that loves them, recognises them and protects them. Special IDs, passports are issued. Most of these are law abiding citizens and i wish them well.

PS: I don't agree with bundling Trans & Intersex people with LGBQ.

Last edited:
If men started to parade around for being men then women are going to get angry. If women started to parade around for being women, then men are going to get angry. Stop acting like a kid and understand the realities. Keep what's personal, personal.

You would think, basic human nature is understood by everyone. I recomend taking a few psychology classes.
lol get your fact correct and open your mind first to have some quality discussion.

You need education.

Trans are people, human beings. They're born with these traits. What else are you going to do? - kill em?

Trans marriages are allowed according to a comprehensive fatwa.

They are not "gay" you know .
Sir, that is all ture and I have the same feelings about the situation, but I feel parades are unnecessary acts of provocation. You know how the human mind works, this might lead to people getting attacked.

lol get your fact correct and open your mind first to have some quality discussion.
My mind is open, I'm not against them beings trans, infact it's the opposite. I just think parades are a bad idea, a more productive thing would be to become even more inclusive in the functions of the society. The human mind takes things negatively and this might be an issue in this case.

BS parade...

Why do our Neo-liberals copy the West hand and fist without thinking of true human rights just like our religious extremists copy Saudi/Iran blindly without thinking of true Islam first????
Even in the west, parades like these do the opposite of what was intended. It cause large amounts of hate, trust me ik.

"Trans" people or whatever the heck they are called, should be placed in a mental asylum. Few weeks in the correctional institute should knock some enlightenment into their heads—a permanent return to their biological gender.

Back
Top Bottom