fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani products a major hit at Chandigarh's International Trade Expo
Malaysia Sun
Thursday 6th December, 2007

Chandigarh, Dec 6 : Pakistan products, apparel and cuisine were a major hit among the visitors and traders at the International Trade Expo in Chandigarh, which concluded yesterday.

Over 100 exhibitors from Pakistan, Burma, Malaysia, Switzerland and Poland, besides a large number from India, participated in the exhibition organised to spur business with the foreign countries from December 1.

About 35 Pakistani exhibitors displayed cuisine, traditional apparel, footwear, handicrafts and several other ethnic products at the expo.

"The paramount attribute of our products, is that they are completely Pakistani. No material has been taken from anywhere else," said Sayyada Dhanji, an exhibitor from Pakistan.

The major attraction at the expo were Onyx, the gleaming stone in various hues that lends itself beautifully to be moulded into a variety of articles ranging from decorative artefacts to stunning pieces of furniture.

A wide range of Onyx handicrafts were on display at the Pakistan pavilion. Indians consider Onyx as a lucky stone and onyx artefacts are quite a craze in India.

Visitors said they would like more such expos to be organised.

"I met few people who are in direct contact with garment manufacturers of Pakistan. I feel that more and more people should come forward and buy products from Pakistan and should promote import," said Yogeeta, a visitor.

The five-day long International Trade expo was organised by the PHDCCI (Punjab Haryana Delhi Chamber of Commerce and Industry).

"The expo has allowed people to showcase their products. And from the consumer point of view, it has given an opportunity to Chandigarh residents to buy products like Marble-Onyx, which has arrived form Pakistan," P K Verma, Regional Director, PHDCCI.

This is the second exhibition organised by the PHDCCI. The first was organised at Amritsar in 2005, which was entirely of Pakistani products and food.

Pakistan stalls at the 27th India International Trade Fair held in New Delhi last month witnessed long queues of Indians holding out for spices and the embroidered fabric.

Isnt that good.
Incidentally, i ate everyday at the Pakistani stall at the India International Trade Fair(IITF) held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi the biggest in India. Ordered the kebabs everyday ! :D

Yes! That is great to know. And, this should be the sprit on both sides. I have seen Pakistani cloth being sold in Akber Market in Old Delhi and spices in grocery stores.

I was in Chandigarh at the time.. missed the fair.. but met Lara in Taj's Lava Bar.. they are camped there for ICL..

Yes! That is great to know. And, this should be the sprit on both sides. I have seen Pakistani cloth being sold in Akber Market in Old Delhi and spices in grocery stores.

Akber Market in Old Delhi? nah mate never heard of it...
Yeah Pakistani stuff are pretty much avaliable the most popular is Shaan Masala whether in India, Pakistan, UAE or UK.. I found them everywhere..\
though I am not sure if the hashish in India is Afghani or Pakistani..:lol:

Isnt that good.
Incidentally, i ate everyday at the Pakistani stall at the India International Trade Fair(IITF) held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi the biggest in India. Ordered the kebabs everyday ! :D

MM - i had a indian colleague over who insisted on eating biryani every day! it was quite hilarious but the good thing was we became great friends in just 3 days.
FOOD for thought!!

Akber Market in Old Delhi? nah mate never heard of it...
Yeah Pakistani stuff are pretty much avaliable the most popular is Shaan Masala whether in India, Pakistan, UAE or UK.. I found them everywhere..\
though I am not sure if the hashish in India is Afghani or Pakistani..:lol:

afghani hash bro! no such thing as pakistani hash!

Good to hear, more and more Pakistani people and products are getting exposed to the world nowadays.

Shaan masalla is something indians have a very keen interest. What about MDH i think this is the name of an indian company that makes masalla's?

MDH is a popular Indian brand, I used fish massala but didn't like it. :(

So welll Done Shan and keep going and going on in the Indian Market ??? and other prduct of Pakistan Famously SOLD ,,, I heard that Bundo Khan also participate in the Exhibition and his famous Kabab Paratha was the Super hit... ???

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom