What's new

Pakistani PM invites Russian President and State Duma offical to visit Pakistan

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
9rus-pakistan-flag2.jpg

Pakistan National Assembly (lower parliament house) Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq has invited Russian President Vladimir Putin and State Duma Chairman Sergei Naryshkin to visit Pakistan shortly.

"On behalf of my delegation and the parliament of Pakistan, I would like to express the wish for your soonest possible visit to our country," Sadiq told Naryshkin at the State Duma on Thursday.

"On behalf of the prime minister of Pakistan, I would like to invite Mr. Putin to our country, also as soon as possible," the Pakistan speaker added. He noted that the previous visit of the Pakistan parliament speaker to Russia was held a rather long time ago.

"I wish to make these visits regular," Sadiq said.

In turn, Naryshkin said that "interaction and cooperation with Pakistan held a rather important place amongst the foreign policy priorities of Russia."

"The reason is the big role played by Pakistan in global affairs and the Islamic world and our common task of the provision of regional stability and security," he indicated.

In the words of the speaker of the Russian parliament's lower house, Russia and Pakistan "are united by their respect for international law and the rejection of attempts of external forces to interfere in internal affairs of sovereign states."

"In this context I would like to draw your attention to the joint statement signed during the Russian president's visit to China, which, in particular, put an emphasis on the respect for the historical legacy of countries and the objection to interference in international affairs of sovereign nations," Naryshkin said.

He also recalled that the joint statement "mentioned the need to abstain from attempts to impose unilateral sanctions on one state or another."

Pakistani PM invites Russian President and State Duma offical to visit Pakistan - News - Politics - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

I hope Putin will accept this invitation and give us a good will visit very soon :cheers:

I am pretty sure Putin will accept the invitation because right now he is desperately looking for regional allies. Regardless of that, I really want him to visit Pakistan. That'll create history

Back
Top Bottom