What's new

Pakistani Nuclear Football?

What do you guys think? Does Pakistan utilize a nuclear football? If so, who would have authorization to use it? Please don't tell me its the President of Pakistan (PoP).

I'm referring to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

Only US President carry the Nuclear Football. Similar case with Russia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheget
India has a command structure headed by Prime Minister. PM cannot unilaterally take the decision. I suppose a similar structure is their in Pakistan too. So that one person cannot take such a decision.

At present, Pakistan does not possesses such a device, neither has the intent to do so for the foreseeable future. Reason being, the nuclear weapons are in a state of disassembly and are not maintained at high-alert levels at all times, so there is no need to have standby launch capability.

Any decision to authorize a nuclear weapons strike is supposed to be taken by the National Command Authority, comprising of both civilian and military leadership. No single individual is authorized for launch.

View attachment 391977

nasr have a very small nuclear warhead small as a football compare it warhead with those man standing (also warhead are much smaller then the cover on them the red one )
Sir have you read the opening post and do you realize what a nuclear football is? :D
HINT: It have nothing to do with the size of your nukes! :lol:
Please read the OP as it already have a link that will educate you about a nuclear football and what it is. Thank you.

some times ago people believe COAS having it always . but then it was turned to be bullet proof blanket .

1mKFpzN

Chief+of+Army+Staff%252C+General+Ashfaq+Parvez+Kayani+during+his+visit+to+Bahawalpur+Cantt+and+Khairpur+Tamianwali+pakistan+army+exercise+gun+rifle+sinper+ak-47+type+056+%25283%2529.jpg

Chief+of+the+Army+Staff+%2528COAS%2529+General+Ashfaq+Parvez+Kayani%252Cfun+photo+time+at+the+China+Joint+Military+Exercise+YOUYI-IV+III+II+I+V+Pakistani+Special+Services+Group+%2528SSG%2529+w+n+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+m+%25287%2529.jpg

At present, Pakistan does not possesses such a device, neither has the intent to do so for the foreseeable future. Reason being, the nuclear weapons are in a state of disassembly and are not maintained at high-alert levels at all times, so there is no need to have standby launch capability.

Any decision to authorize a nuclear weapons strike is supposed to be taken by the National Command Authority, comprising of both civilian and military leadership. No single individual is authorized for launch.

Given our proximity to the potential aggressor, shouldn't we remain in a high state of readiness?, more so even than the USA. I mean USA and Soviet Union had geographical distance so ICBMs would take a while to arrive, but India is next door, their missiles would arrive in a few minutes

Given our proximity to the potential aggressor, shouldn't we remain in a high state of readiness?, more so even than the USA. I mean USA and Soviet Union had geographical distance so ICBMs would take a while to arrive, but India is next door, their missiles would arrive in a few minutes
That would be a concern IF India kept its nuclear arsenal at a similar level of readiness.
Presently, as soon as the sort of military mobilization similar to a full-scale war is detected inside India, Pakistan will begin to mobilize the appropriate amount of its own arsenal. Until then, the weapons remain in a disassembled state.

That would be a concern IF India kept its nuclear arsenal at a similar level of readiness.
Presently, as soon as the sort of military mobilization similar to a full-scale war is detected inside India, Pakistan will begin to mobilize the appropriate amount of its own arsenal. Until then, the weapons remain in a disassembled state.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Should not the Pakistani version be called (when it comes to existence) Gulli Danda or Kabadi since we have no history of American football?

No ....

NUCLEAR PITTU GARAM .... :smokin:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom