What's new

Pakistani drones with strike capability

Really, Do we have any official link or picture confirming this thing? I am asking this because lately, lots of news about PAF appearing on this forum turned out rumors.

Thanks in advance!

Pakistan Promised Missile Armed Chinese UAVs

There is plenty of info on the net, just google it.

Of course, there will never be official confirmation from the GoP about such a purchase. With the amount of hatred in Pakistan towards UCAVs, I doubt that the government would be stupid enough to announce such a thing and redirect all the hatred towards it. This is why it's all been quiet up until now. It's also might be the reason why we're not actually getting a lot of info about the Burraq UCAV.

We would like some pictures!

No pictures, but read above.

well we are 10 yeas behind in this tech to western countries

More like 5. We're only behind in terms of being able to build large drones and weapons systems for them. I wager that within the next two to three years, Pakistan will have a domestically built strike capable drone that's at least as large as a reaper.

Pakistan needs to make armed drones. They are great weapons and cost effective. Imagine a fleet of armed UAVs as opposed to the cost of an airforce?

More like 5. We're only behind in terms of being able to build large drones and weapons systems for them. I wager that within the next two to three years, Pakistan will have a domestically built strike capable drone that's at least as large as a reaper.

Yeah how about no.

We've gotten close, The Burraq is quite large and is rumored to be weapons capable, so how about yeah?

Chinese copy, strike package isnt ours, we do not have our own bombs. Then comes the issue of engine which we are copletely dependent on the Chinese.

Though We Try with limited resources but 2- 3 is unreasonable to have a package as good as wing loon or reaper.

Chinese copy, strike package isnt ours, we do not have our own bombs. Then comes the issue of engine which we are copletely dependent on the Chinese.

Though We Try with limited resources but 2- 3 is unreasonable to have a package as good as wing loon or reaper.
I wouldn't say it's a Chinese copy, there are clear differences, but even if it is, the fact that Pakistan can manufacture and further develop these drones is a major achievement.

The bombs are a problem, but what I said is strike capable drone, not the bombs themselves. Right now, the Chinese bombs are good enough, until Pakistan has the money to develop it's own. The engines, I believe, is Austrian, not Chinese. I think it's the Rotax-912, I think other members can verify this for me, if you don't believe the wiki article.

GIDS Shahpar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm using the Shahpar article because they're practically the same drone, and because there is still very little info on the Burraq.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's a Chinese copy, there are clear differences, but even if it is, the fact that Pakistan can manufacture and further develop these drones is a major achievement.

The bombs are a problem, but what I said is strike capable drone, not the bombs themselves. Right now, the Chinese bombs are good enough, until Pakistan has the money to develop it's own. The engines, I believe, is Austrian, not Chinese. I think it's the Rotax-912, I think other members can verify this for me, if you don't believe the wiki article.

GIDS Shahpar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm using the Shahpar article because they're practically the same drone, and because there is still very little info on the Burraq.

Burraq ( one ugly *** drone :D) is in trial. I will ask regarding it, hopefully some juicy tidbits!

Burraq ( one ugly *** drone :D) is in trial. I will ask regarding it, hopefully some juicy tidbits!
It's not in trial anymore, it's already in service. It was announced that one squadron is already in place, the same day the Shahpar came into service.

It's inauguration was one of fmr. Gen. Kayani's last acts as COAS.

It's not in trial anymore, it's already in service. It was announced that one squadron is already in place, the same day the Shahpar came into service.

It's inauguration was one of fmr. Gen. Kayani's last acts as COAS.

Weapons trial mate. Hs only fired 2 missiles. Both off target.

Back
Top Bottom