What's new

Pakistani doctor hailed for volunteering to treat coronavirus patients in Wuhan

Great story hope we can set 1,000 volunteers to go in work with experts to grow understanding of illness and also help patients

Bhai kyun maut ke kooain mein chalang laga raha hai... in any case may Allah be with him for this great sacrifice and may him and his family reap the rewards of it Ameen

Pakistani doctor hailed for volunteering to treat coronavirus patients in Wuhan
APPUpdated February 02, 2020
Facebook Count41
Twitter Share

A doctor from Jhelum has been recognised for volunteering to treat patients suffering from coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak.

Taking to Twitter, the Chinese Embassy in Pakistan stated: "We appreciate Dr Muhammad Usman Janjua, a foreign doctor to join the fight against coronavirus in China as a volunteer. He is a teacher from Changsha Medical University, China and hails from Deena, Jhelum, Pakistan."

Pakistan Peoples Party Senator Sherry Rehman also recognised Janjua's bravery. In a tweet, she described the Jhelum doctor as a "hero".

Speaking to a reporter, Janjua had said that when the news of the outbreak first broke, he made it a point to constantly monitor the situation.

"China provided me with good opportunities for education and employment. I am unable to forget China and Changsha."

On Jan 27, Janjua formally applied to the Foreign Experts Service Office at the Hunan Science and Technology Department, hoping to volunteer in Wuhan.

“The staff sent me the methods of epidemic prevention and virus isolation every day, asking me to protect myself, solving many difficulties for me.”

He maintained that when his family and friends in Pakistan called to ask him about the situation in China, he replied by saying: "I am fine. The Chinese government cares about us very much."

thank you doctor ,
you are great .

Bhai kyun maut ke kooain mein chalang laga raha hai... in any case may Allah be with him for this great sacrifice and may him and his family reap the rewards of it Ameen

dr . are made for this .

Hi,

True friendship is determined in THE TRENCHES on the front line where the blood of the friends flows and mixes with the dirt---.

some actions are larger than life itself, May Allah reward this young man in his efforts .

It is our responsibility to jump headfirst into situations like these so common people like yourself don't have to face the consequences. Every doctor takes an oath to help humanity and this doctor is doing just that.

84753323_2750853198283341_3110741209291685888_n.jpg

A Pakistani University sends out a PhD thesis for External Evaluation to a Chinese Professor working in Tohoku University, Japan. As per rule, the Pakistani University need to pay him approximately USD 500 as thesis evaluation/review charges. However, regarding the payment process, he refused to accept the money & replied back with a letter of thanks with gratitude for Pakistanis for helping Chinese in time of need, which can make anyone proud
from Waqar Baig of scholarship network
@BHarwana @Beast @HRK @Joe Shearer see a little gesture helps @jamahir

as someone said..
If you are friends with Chinese then you are friend in Beijing, PLA, CCTV, school books etc etc. Unlike USA where you can be frinds in white house but not in pentagon or media and in some thinktanks but not in Foreign office. India did the biggest mistake to declare China an enemy.

A Pakistani University sends out a PhD thesis for External Evaluation to a Chinese Professor working in Tohoku University, Japan. As per rule, the Pakistani University need to pay him approximately USD 500 as thesis evaluation/review charges. However, regarding the payment process, he refused to accept the money & replied back with a letter of thanks with gratitude for Pakistanis for helping Chinese in time of need, which can make anyone proud

as someone said..
If you are friends with Chinese then you are friend in Beijing, PLA, CCTV, school books etc etc. Unlike USA where you can be frinds in white house but not in pentagon or media and in some thinktanks but not in Foreign office. India did the biggest mistake to declare China an enemy.

No praise, no respect can be too much for the voluntary medical workers in the crisis situation in China, and to Dr. Janjua for his stern resolve to fight the fight he was trained to fight.

This has, however, nothing to do with Indian relations with China, or with the mutual desire to improve relations beyond the jointly beneficial that brought Xi to Mahabalipuram for his meeting with the Indian PM. Let us not confuse the gallantry of Dr. Janjua with extraneous issues.

Thank you for tagging me on reports of this heart-warming incident.

This has, however, nothing to do with Indian relations with China
I just said that bcz time to time govt officials says that, whether to compare economy, deployment of forces etc etc and basically bcz china is your neighbour... as Soviet was of Pak and that enmity cost us a lot.. However, mainly I was highlighting China is a civ with mostly one ethnicity and language with asian traits., like having buddies, extended families, respecting elderly, 'emphasising' education etc.. so being in their good books is a wise thing as they have a national consciousness..

as someone said..
Pakistan and China are friends. We have help each other in great crisis like flood, epidemic or financial crisis. Kudos to those who contributed massive during those hard times.

I just said that bcz time to time govt officials says that, whether to compare economy, deployment of forces etc etc and basically bcz china is your neighbour... as Soviet was of Pak and that enmity cost us a lot.. However, mainly I was highlighting China is a civ with mostly one ethnicity and language with asian traits., like having buddies, extended families, respecting elderly, 'emphasising' education etc.. so being in their good books is a wise thing as they have a national consciousness..

I could not agree with you more. If we could come to terms with China on the borders issues - and it is not difficult, once we climb out of our blinkered, pre-determined positions in India - and if we can settle the Kashmir boundaries based on two steps and two alone, there is no earthly reason for the three countries to go completely bonkers as we are doing at the moment.

Two more things - purely Indian, and aesthetic in nature - I would like to see the horrible circus at Wagah abolished, and I would like to see punished whichever idiot makes a marching squad march with locked knees.

as someone said..

Very noble of all parties concerned.

Reminds me of the Cuban medical team which went to West Africa in 2015 to help cure Ebola. One of the team members contracted Ebola but thankfully he got cured and continued in his work there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom