What's new

Pakistani daily concerned over India's hiked defence budget

The purpose of my post wasn't to draw a dick measuring ribbon out of my pocket as some posters from across the sand have made it out to be.

Indian defense budget is 7X our defense budget. What we develop is only to defend ourselves. We don't seek parity with India as unlike India we don't seek hegemony.

India can multiply its defense budget by a 100%, it won't impact Pakistan more than the 500 million dirt poor Indian citizens.

I can only lol at that.... setting targets with China? Really..... i have some posts i can make.....

Dadaji ke paalu me chupta hai na? Naughty Boy!

We are not as good as China currently but in 7 - 12 yrs we will be there.

For proof check out our military technology 10 yrs before and now!

Mean while...... In IndiaView attachment 39881

Yeah, you should try to broaden your horizon.

That particular rifle was a left over rifle that was given to a state police department which could not get anything better at that time.

Concerning the INSAS of 2013:
qpeu.jpg

Height of pure ignorance, denial and stupidity all together in one post.

Tell me, how is the INSAS not inducted? How is the Arjun not inducted? How are the Shivalik class frigates, Kolkata class destroyers and many many many other systems not inducted?!

Get a life...... or some basic education on this matter.

When facts on the ground clash with what has been stuffed into the mind since childhood, guess what happens.

This is what the Pakistani president claimed when they have nothing that can be called a space program:

“Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists and I am sure Indians would take another 30 months to do the job,” Gen Musharraf claimed.

Satellite to help promote education: Musharraf launches Paksat-I - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Explanation is a bit complex but can be summarized as below:

Psychologists say that even hard facts can be denied when people subscribe to a radically different vision of the world. A glimpse of the current Pakistani weltanschauung — the mental makeup which selects and filters facts before they reach the conscious brain — can be had through the lives of the three young US-educated Pakistanis mentioned above.

Why do they pick on us Pakistanis? – The Express Tribune

Denial is particularly strong in some people. All that they don't want to see, just doesn't register in their brains. ;)

Pakistan builds its own APCs, India doesn't.

Pakistan builds its 100% present and future tank requirement now, India doesn't.

Pakistan builds 2 training aircrafts, which carry out 80% of our flight training, India doesn't.

Pakistan is building its own fighter aircraft, slated to replace 60% of our fighter fleet, India doesn't.

Pakistan builds its own small arms for military, India doesn't, minus the crap INSAS.

Pakistan builds howitzers at home, India doesn't.

Pakistan builds both medium and long range MBRLs at home, India doesn't.

Pakistan builds 80% of its MANPADs, India doesn't.

Almost 60% of Pakistan's ATGM rounds are Pakistan made, unlike Indian army.

Now Pakistan builds Frigates and subs at home too.

Pakistan satisfies almost 100% of its munitions requirements.

Moral of the story. When we increase our spending on defense, unlike India, most of it goes back to our GDP.

We don't need to 'match' India, we just have to develop at our own pace.

Despite what you have said, holds no water, as for as any future war is concerned, wherein Pakistan is only good for 10-15 days for ammo and fuel (This has been told by Pakistani press anyways)..
Considering that, it has no money left to pay IMF/WB/ADB and what not.
To top it all, its Metros have 10-12 hours of Load shedding...
And we have to hear this lecture from you/

Next course of action?
Please do not tell us that Pakistan is going to unleash its nukes....

Well said. :tup:

India Becomes Top Arms Importer in the World
Feb 24 2014

As per the data revealed by the reputed Swedish research centre which monitors global arms purchases, India tops the list of countries that have the largest arms imports, followed by China, South Korea and Pakistan.

The data on arms transfers released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) indicated that India received 9 per cent of the volume of international arms transfers during 2006 to 2010. The report added that the four largest importers of conventional weapons in 2006 to 2010 are all located in Asia with China and South Korea garnering 6 per cent each and Pakistan with 5 per cent of the volume of international arms transfers.

The SIPRI report added that India is expected to maintain the top spot in arms exports due to a range of combat aircraft, naval systems and weaponry that India plans to acquire in the near future. In the last five years, India's arms import delivery volumes jumped 21 per cent. India’s defence budget of $ 34 billion is a 40 per cent hike from two years before and India also imports 70 per cent of its arms. Most of the procurements are meant for modernizing the Indian Armed Forces. The report added that 82 per cent of Indian imports come from Russia, which has long been India’s supplier of choice. In addition, aircrafts accounted for 71 per cent of India’s global imports.

India has established itself as a prime importer of defence equipment and the purchases lined up in the pipeline only reinforce its status as a top buyer in the world. India proposes to buy 126 fighter jets in a deal worth $11 billion and about 200 helicopters worth another $ 4 billion. Other significant purchases include large amphibious landing ships at $300 million to $500 million each and talks regarding another $10 billion submarine order.

The SIPRI report indicated that the average volume of worldwide arms transfers in 2006 to 2010 was 24 per cent higher than the previous five-year period. The major recipient region in 2006-2010 remained Asia and Oceania with 43 per cent of all imports followed by Europe with 21 per cent, the Middle East with17 per cent, the Americas with 12 per cent and Africa with 7 per cent.

Although China had remained the top arms buyer till last year, it has become self reliant to a large extent and not many major weapons were acquired lately. In fact, China’s annual arms imports declined from $3.5 billion in 2005 to $0.6 billion in 2009. However, India’s percentage in global arms import has risen 21 percent from the previous five-year-period with factors such as internal security and rivalries with neighboring countries accounting for that hike. India has, unlike China, failed to become self-reliant and create a more robust domestic industry in the recent years.

Meanwhile, the United States remained the world's largest military equipment exporter, accounting for 30 percent of global arms exports in 2006 to 2010 period, 44 percent of which went to to Asia and Oceania, the SIPRI report said. The rest of the top five arms suppliers were Russia with 23 percent of the total market Germany with 11 per cent, France with 7 per cent and Britain with 4 per cent.

India Becomes Top Arms Importer in the World

Yeh, the only PROBLEM is that In war it won't matter if the weapon is IMPORTED or not, the only thing that will matter is which of the two warring armies have better weaponry & training :D

Height of pure ignorance, denial and stupidity all together in one post.

Tell me, how is the INSAS not inducted? How is the Arjun not inducted? How are the Shivalik class frigates, Kolkata class destroyers and many many many other systems not inducted?!

Get a life...... or some basic education on this matter.

119 Arjun's in service face saving attempt .. 1000 T-90s ordered ..:lol:

If they try to **** with us, we'll cut them into pieces. So called sickular khangrassi governments are gone.
the sickulars are not even in a position to be a strong opposition party.
Khalistan much? :D
khalistan.jpg

2007051810341201.jpg

Taliban caught fcuking with goat
^^ These are your religious "pure" fighters of jihad.
Looks like someone's a$$ just got whooped. Guess who? YOU!
Anything that spares Indian women :thank_you2:

119 Arjun's in service face saving attempt .. 1000 T-90s ordered ..:lol:

124 in service. Another 118 on order.

Most of the 1000+ T-90s are built in India anyway under the name Bhishma. So this Bhishma is the one you
should compare with al-kulki. How many al-kulkis are you gonna build anyway?

nice made up poem, but ending should be,
'Indian have shitload of money pakistan doesn't'
India: Achievements and Challenges in Reducing Poverty
Poverty imposes an oppressive weight on India, especially in the rural areas where almost three out of four Indians and 77 percent of the Indian poor live. Although poverty has been reduced during the past four decades, it remains painfully high.
Poverty Analysis - India: Achievements and Challenges in Reducing Poverty
Five Myths About India's Poverty
Myth #1: Just 22 percent of Indians are poor. This is India's official poverty rate, but it counts only those in the most abject circumstances -- and even a cursory scan of India's human development indicators suggests more widespread deprivation. The Empowerment Line reveals that 56 percent of Indians, some 680 million, lack the means to meet their basic needs. Just above the official poverty line, some 413 million are "vulnerable." They have only a tenuous grip on a better standard of living, and shocks such as illness or a lost job can easily push them back into desperate circumstances.

Myth #2: Food is the biggest unmet need of India's poor. Hunger remains a daily fact of life for the poorest of the poor. But health care, drinking water, and sanitation constitute 40 percent of the population's unmet needs by value. India's national debate on poverty tends to focus on calorie sufficiency rather than these critical services. On average, Indians lack access to over half the health care infrastructure and services they need.

Myth #3: Rising incomes are the key to a better quality of life. This observation is true -- but only up to a point. With higher incomes and purchasing power, people can afford better housing, sanitation, drinking water, and fuel for cooking and lighting. But the ability to spend is only one side of the equation. The poor also depend on community-level infrastructure such as schools and health-care networks. On average, Indians lack access to 46 percent of basic services, and that number soars up to 59 percent for the most deprived districts of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

Myth #4: Rising welfare budgets were the most important factor in past poverty reduction. India has been committing more resources to social welfare. Public spending for basic services rose by some 11 percent per year in real terms from 2005 to 2012, eventually reaching $118 billion. But about half of this spending did not translate into real benefits for the poor due to waste, corruption, or simple ineffectiveness. Rising government spending did drive about one-fourth of poverty reduction from 2005 to 2012, but jobs and rising incomes accounted for most of the progress that was achieved.

Myth #5: More subsidies and social transfers can eradicate poverty in the future. The additional consumption required to raise 680 million Indians to the standards of the Empowerment Line is equivalent to about 4 percent of GDP. India lacks the fiscal resources to support a spending increase of this magnitude -- and even if it found the money, its track record of leakage and ineffective spending would limit the gains to the poor. Yet it is feasible to lift some 580 million people over the Empowerment Line in the next decade. Some 90 percent of this impact depends on non-farm job creation, faster agricultural productivity growth, and more effective delivery of services. Policymakers can set this process in motion by focusing on infrastructure delivery, easing the regulatory burden facing businesses, tax and product market reforms, land market reform, labor market flexibility, and workforce skills. These changes can set off a virtuous cycle of growth that generates more revenue, enabling India to meet its fiscal targets even as it ploughs additional funding back into social services.

India has already made striking gains against extreme poverty, but the harsh reality is that 680 million of its citizens live with various forms of deprivation. If the country's recent economic slowdown continues, it is likely that some 470 million of them would remain below the Empowerment Line in 2022, and 12 percent of the population could remain trapped in extreme poverty. But if the new government adopts an ambitious reform agenda and focuses on execution and results, India could be poised to take a historic step forward in its economic and human development -- one that not only eradicates extreme poverty but also delivers better living standards to more half a billion people.
Five Myths About India's Poverty | Richard DobbsFive Myths About India's Poverty | Richard Dobbs

This means that India's military budget seems very stretched, and off the mark.
I think India should get some balance between its military budget and its social requirements.

Pakistan is not scared or worried about India's military budget, since India has two potential war fronts. But Pakistan is preparing for the case that India will fight only on its western front, which makes Pakistan think of how to counter the whole Indian armed forces on its own, and he is doing well in that endeavor.

Last edited:
I think Pakistan should stop worrying about Indian defense expenditure or capabilities. Pakistan is becoming a smaller and smaller part of our security paradigm.

I have personally heard a former Indian army chief say that it is actually not a concern at all.

I can foresee a time (if it is not already here) where PA is actually working for us. This in terms of being the buffer against the modern avatars of their former heroes to their West.

And I can see India directly supporting them in this common goal. Every Pakistani soldier that dies fighting the Talibunny scum is doing a duty to his real motherland.

So while these phoney games will go on, the reality has completely changed. We are on the same side.

Last edited:
You post old links from 2003 regarding Musharraf, there were no terrorism around at that time, remember?

Pakistan was in that advance stages until India and RAW decided to spread more suicide bombers and terrorism into Pakistan cities starting in 2007 along with TTP and other groups in order to halt Pakistan progress.

Again, whatever to make you happy, so be it. :coffee:

click here

When facts on the ground clash with what has been stuffed into the mind since childhood, guess what happens.

This is what the Pakistani president claimed when they have nothing that can be called a space program:

“Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists and I am sure Indians would take another 30 months to do the job,” Gen Musharraf claimed.

Satellite to help promote education: Musharraf launches Paksat-I - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Explanation is a bit complex but can be summarized as below:

Psychologists say that even hard facts can be denied when people subscribe to a radically different vision of the world. A glimpse of the current Pakistani weltanschauung — the mental makeup which selects and filters facts before they reach the conscious brain — can be had through the lives of the three young US-educated Pakistanis mentioned above.

Why do they pick on us Pakistanis? – The Express Tribune

Denial is particularly strong in some people. All that they don't want to see, just doesn't register in their brains. ;)

What surprises me is the pathetic level of knowledge of someone like Aeronaut! Man I was really really taken aback by his baloney. I thought he was one who did some semblance of research before posting out here, seeing that he is a senior with > 100 positive ratings!!

That #4 post of his, should have earned him a hundred negative ratings for posting utter tripe!

What a darned disappointment! C'mon Aeronaut, you can do better than that!! At least try!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom