What's new

Pakistani comedian harassed in India

koolio

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Famous comedian Shakeel Siddiqui beaten up in India

Updated at: 0043 PST, Thursday, January 15, 2009
MUMBAI: A prominent Pakistan’s television and stage actor Shakeel Siddiqui was beaten up by some Indian fundamentalist elements in Mumbai on Wednesday, Geo T.V reported.

Famous comedian Shakeel was expected to perform in the famous show ‘Comedy Circus’. For that purpose he was staying in Mumbai, but it seems a group of thugs belonging to Nationalist/fundamentalist Indian mindset has badly beaten the terrific comedian. At the moment it seems a horrible news, as Shakeel has been a famous person in India and was a source of bringing joy to million of faces all across the sub-continent.

It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds and how it would affect the media relations between both the countries. Ghajini is just released in Pakistan after a slight delay and this horrific news is going to further affect the constant deteriorating situation between the two nuclear Nations.

So does this mean the Hindu extremists have too much leverage over the whole union of Hindustan?

I have also heard on the news the police just stood on thier ground did nothing to prevent extremists beating the crap out of poor Shakeel.

When was the last time some Indian in Pakistan was roughed up by our foaming at the mouth, crazy fundamentalist jihadis? Outright shameless!

Wat a shame he is just a comedian ! shame on those people that did this! but he is stupid too why would he stay there when he knows this could be coming !

Famous comedian Shakeel Siddiqui beaten up in India

Updated at: 0043 PST, Thursday, January 15, 2009
MUMBAI: A prominent Pakistan’s television and stage actor Shakeel Siddiqui was beaten up by some Indian fundamentalist elements in Mumbai on Wednesday, Geo T.V reported.

Famous comedian Shakeel was expected to perform in the famous show ‘Comedy Circus’. For that purpose he was staying in Mumbai, but it seems a group of thugs belonging to Nationalist/fundamentalist Indian mindset has badly beaten the terrific comedian. At the moment it seems a horrible news, as Shakeel has been a famous person in India and was a source of bringing joy to million of faces all across the sub-continent.

It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds and how it would affect the media relations between both the countries. Ghajini is just released in Pakistan after a slight delay and this horrific news is going to further affect the constant deteriorating situation between the two nuclear Nations.

So does this mean the Hindu extremists have too much leverage over the whole union of Hindustan?

I have also heard on the news the police just stood on thier ground did nothing to prevent extremists beating the crap out of poor Shakeel.

Please have a look at the following link;

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

It talks of harassmenet and not the beating. This particular group in mumbai is known for creating troubles even for people like Amitabh Bachchan and others. This is bad.

RK

The guys who tried to harass this man, is hated in india. They had created a mess in mumbai.. against non maharashtrians..!!! Well outsiders would like to give some hindutuva color to it..!!! But the fact is these guys is no friend of Hindu's,muslims or christains.

The guys who tried to harass this man, is hated in india. They had created a mess in mumbai.. against non maharashtrians..!!! Well outsiders would like to give some hindutuva color to it..!!! But the fact is these guys is no friend of Hindu's,muslims or christains.

ppl should understand mumbai ppl are really upset about bombing. At this peak period why the hell pakistan comedian visiting india and that too planning for a stage show in MUMBAI. Ofcourse ppl wont be happy to watch him and clap!

I understand arts is above nation and nothing surprised me. Last day one gal died in pakistan for dancing ....

All these ppl doenst have common sense!. Shakeel is not an exception.....may be talented

ppl should understand mumbai ppl are really upset about bombing. At this peak period why the hell pakistan comedian visiting india and that too planning for a stage show in MUMBAI. Ofcourse ppl wont be happy to watch him and clap!

I understand arts is above nation and nothing surprised me. Last day one gal died in pakistan for dancing ....

All these ppl doenst have common sense!. Shakeel is not an exception.....may be talented

No i wouldnt agree with you. One would be nut's to treat every living soul comming from pakistan as an india hater or basher. He has come to work here and that is what he is doing.And he have been here long before mumbai events happend. I have heard stories of many indian tourists going there to pakistan and the warmth of the common man there, even though they dont agree with many of the poilicies. We are in the civilised world brother, see him as a human first and then comes the nationality, and he is doing no anti national activity here, our people have invited or employed him to give some good moments to our people, and he is doing that. He should not harrassed in any manner as he is not the one who attacked india, and we are all civilised enough to understand that. And if we dont like to watch him, we have the right to do that, but we have no right to harrass him.

No i wouldnt agree with you. One would be nut's to treat every living soul comming from pakistan as an india hater or basher. He has come to work here and that is what he is doing. I have heard stories of many indian tourists going there to pakistan and the warmth of the common man there, even though they dont agree with many of the poilicies. We are in the civilised world brother, see him as a human first and then comes the nationality, and he is doing no anti national activity here, our people have invited or employed him to give some good moments to our people, and he is doing that. He should not harrassed in any manner as he is not the one who attacked india, and we are all civilised enough to understand that.

I have pakistan frens now also. we goto movies together..we just smiled when war tension was going on...
There is a difference between u visiitng pakistan or india to Shakeel visiting India. Ur nobody man..no one cares for you. but shakeel is a public figure. Its easy to beat him to create waves in the society. Without proper security he cant do stage acting! If he is on personal visit and private show then its fine. But how can he perform public show. Try to understand....i call this as Common Sense!

Anyway all Indian media reported they asked him to leave the country and strictly told his director not to have any pakistan actors
Geo TV reported he has beaten up!!!! Who is correct Who is wrong???/

Last edited:
I have pakistan frens now also. we goto movies together..we just smiled when war tension was going on...
There is a difference between u visiitng pakistan or india to Shakeel visiting India. Ur nobody man..no one cares for you. but shakeel is a public figure. Its easy to beat him to create waves in the society. Without proper security he cant do stage acting! If he is on personal visit and private show then its fine. But how can he perform public show. Try to understand....i call this as Common Sense!

I know you and i are a nobody, but i also thought you and me are educated people with common sense. Well its not Mr.Shakeels fault if he thought india is a free country, which clearly understand the meaning of patriotism and common decency. Being patriotic doesnt mean that you beat up all pakistani people visiting india. That tought is primitive brother. And you are justifying the foolishness of MNS , it feels like saying all the fault of a rape is with WOMEN because she happend be at the sight of the rapist.

I will consider this incident as extreme of nationalism....i hope our other artists get some message from this incident.

Source: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

LAHORE: Activists of Hindu extremist outfit Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Wednesday harassed Pakistani comedian Shakeel Siddiqui in Mumbai for ‘being a Pakistani’, a private TV channel reported. According to the channel, the MNS activists harassed Siddiqui during the recording of an Indian comedy show. They said Siddiqui was a Pakistani and that Pakistan had a hand in the Mumbai attacks. They also asked all the Pakistani artists in India to leave immediately. Indian filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt expressed his displeasure over the incident and called it an act of terrorism. daily times monitor

Pakistani artists should have never gone to India in the first place.

Why create a layer of friendship on the cake, when inside it is all bitter and full of anger

Source: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

LAHORE: Activists of Hindu extremist outfit Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Wednesday harassed Pakistani comedian Shakeel Siddiqui in Mumbai for ‘being a Pakistani’, a private TV channel reported. According to the channel, the MNS activists harassed Siddiqui during the recording of an Indian comedy show. They said Siddiqui was a Pakistani and that Pakistan had a hand in the Mumbai attacks. They also asked all the Pakistani artists in India to leave immediately. Indian filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt expressed his displeasure over the incident and called it an act of terrorism. daily times monitor

This is unfortunate but inevitable reaction from common people. 'Masses have lot of heads, but no brains'. People are seeking the way to take out their anger. If this situations sustains, I am afraid, such incidents may increase in number.

I think now is the time for India as well as Pakistani govt to show some results to the people. If they fail, no doubt arts and sports will be the fields most affected in this situation.

What the fuk was he doing in India. I am very glad that he got his *** kicked there. Maybe this will make him realize, its time to come back home.

Back
Top Bottom