What's new

Pakistani boy describes escape from the Taliban

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A boy who escaped from the Pakistani Taliban after being kidnapped near the tribal area of Bajaur has given details of his daring getaway.

Sixteen-year-old Abdullah told the BBC Urdu service he endured a gruelling trek across mountains while being pursued by his captors.

He said he and a friend walked and ran for nine hours to make it home.

The Taliban said they had kidnapped boys from the Mamund tribe because the tribe supported the government.

In all, about 30 boys were snatched. Abdullah and his friend were abducted at the beginning of September and escaped from their captors last week.

The group of youths - some reported to be as young as 10 - were kidnapped when they were taking a bath in a spring on the Afghan side of the border.

It is thought that the rest of them remain in Taliban captivity.

'Treated us nicely'
Abdullah - known only by his first name - told the BBC Urdu service's Dilawar Khan Wazir that during more than 40 days of captivity he was held in a room at night and moved to a ravine by day.

He was not handcuffed or blindfolded and his clothes were laundered by the militants when they needed to be washed.

"They made us walk for an hour to a place we didn't know, and divided us into three groups," Abdullah said.

"Each group was kept at a separate place, and armed Taliban would keep vigil day and night."

They were given dried bread and tea for breakfast and would also eat cold rice and kidney beans.

Once during their captivity the Taliban slaughtered a goat and let their captives eat meat.

"We used to tell them that that we were happy with them and wouldn't want to go back home," Abdullah said.

"So they began to treat us nicely and would let us go far into the fields so that we could use the toilet."

Abdullah said that the dash for freedom last week took place one morning when he went into the gorge with his friend Amanullah to go to the toilet.

The pair noticed that they were were out of sight of the Taliban, so they started to run.

"After a while we saw three armed Taliban running after us but we took cover in the bushes and continued to move," the teenager said.

"The Taliban who were chasing us did not fire their guns. We kept on running for maybe three hours."

Abdullah said that he and his friend avoided both Afghan and Pakistani army patrols and eventually reached their home village in the Mamund area of Pakistan after about nine hours of walking and running.

"When I saw my parents, all the tiredness and fatigue disappeared," Abdullah said.
BBC News - Pakistani boy describes escape from the Taliban

Abdullah said that he and his friend avoided both Afghan and Pakistani army patrols and eventually reached their home village in the Mamund area of Pakistan after about nine hours of walking and running.

"When I saw my parents, all the tiredness and fatigue disappeared," Abdullah said.

Nine hours running to the reach of home parents from Afghan border to Pakistan. That's very tough. It also show these brave boys can't trust Pakistani army patrols to avoid them -or- maybe misunderstood these boys labels as terrorists by Pakistan army patrols.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

f..king talibastards...

PakistanNationalist, are you using bad languages in many posts, is that all you do here? Can you input your thoughts here instead bad foul languages which didn't help better. Your recommendation in this problems?

In all, about 30 boys were snatched. Abdullah and his friend were abducted at the beginning of September and escaped from their captors last week.

The group of youths - some reported to be as young as 10 - were kidnapped when they were taking a bath in a spring on the Afghan side of the border.

Stupid boys I must say, why the hell did they go to Afghanistan just to bathe in the open???

If they love Afghanistan so much, they should go and settle there….

We should not swap any Taliban prisoners for the boy’s release.

Thousands of our brave soldiers have been killed and injured by these creatures.

If more Taliban are released then more sufferings for our men…

Let these boys starve but pak government should not release any Taliban extremists.

Peace

it's a tale of courage, but it also shows the sinister nature of the enemy --who is willing to hold children as hostage

an action which in any scenario --is cowardly.

Brave kids . Very inspiring story even for the elders . Pakistan , time to stop whatever support these Talibunnies/haqqanis get from you.it is high time now.

thankyou Nick
you will hear even more inspiring stories from the Balochi people who have had to face the terrorism and abductions by the BLA.
its a high time that your government also rescinds the passports of these terrorist that are using the name of your good country while they travel in and out of Afghanistan to Europe and Middle East.

thankyou Nick
you will hear even more inspiring stories from the Balochi people who have had to face the terrorism and abductions by the BLA.
its a high time that your government also rescinds the passports of these terrorist that are using the name of your good country while they travel in and out of Afghanistan to Europe and Middle East.

that's asking too much from those types of people; they wont desist. So therefore we just need to have contingency plans in place. Ideally though, yes they would end support for these terrorist groups. I sincerely hope they do.

See this is what these raghead lunatics do... kidnap kids, force them to become savages like them and if they resist, kill them.

They have NO MORALS. They won't hesitate to kill these innocent kids. Come on, what is this boy's age? 16? At 15-16, most of us are in school, writing board exams or choosing which stream to take for future course. And look what the Talibunnies are doing; sickos transforming kids into lunatics like themselves.

Pakistanis should realize these scum's intentions and stop supporting them. These sickos are against all of them who oppose their group.

by them, i assume you mean ''taleban''

we don't blindly support ''them''

we simply hope to work with those who put down their weapons and are willing to work towards reconciliation. If we were blindly ''supporting'' them, surely Pakistan would be even more isolated

it's a huge myth that Pakistan ''supports'' taleban. The taleban isn't even one centralized organization, which is another thing people fail to fathom.

PakistanNationalist, are you using bad languages in many posts, is that all you do here? Can you input your thoughts here instead bad foul languages which didn't help better. Your recommendation in this problems?

As far as i know using foul language for talibastards is allowed on PDF!

I dnt respect sub human shyt tht attacks our people or troops... if u have some issue go join them.

Perfect material for "I Shouldn't Be Alive."

Or "Kidnapped Abroad" instead of "Jailed Abroad."

thankyou Nick

All in good time sir .

You also need to prove the existence of any credible evidence of Indian involvement in Baloch insurgency , for some reason your govt has claimed to have proof for years now but has never come out in the open with it inspite of being requested to multiple times . Can't help but think that they have nothing .

Btw, my previous post about the boy's bravery was very genuine if you got it wrong by any chance.

Back
Top Bottom