What's new

Pakistan will be paying China $90b against CPEC-related projects

not at all... but the total size of GDP will continue to rise of course... 30 years is too long for such projections. Even if we grow by 4-5% by year, you are likely to see immense growth by 2047 regardless of CPEC or Ding Dong

If Pakistan grows by 4.5 percent over the next 30 years, the economy will only be over a trillion dollars. Not sure how someone came up with 4.5 trillion dollars.

Also 40 pct roe. Now that is a sweet sweet deal. Any MNC will take up a project in a developing country in the high teens.

17158991_1108821765912187_5513687981464161641_o.jpg

Either way, Pak will not be short changed in CPEC. We will make far more than what would need to be paid back.

Consider the overall investment as a 'transit fees prepayment account' (on Chinese books) that's reduced with more goods transit. And the transit fees will be very large when it's full steam.

And with Chinese investment in energy sector, we will also see the eventual decline of political influence and corruption in energy sector. Chinese will not tolerate this circular debt nonsense.

It'll all be fine.

LOL our beloved PPP gvt did 94 billion dollar corruption and here u guys are crying about paying back CPEC loans. Pakistan Earn more and pay less from this CPEC. Please Don't forget this project creates 7 lac jobs and 10k MW electricity as well.

a span of 30 years
shows 40% return on investment
Thanks, interesting numbers, if it's 40% over 30 years then annual return (compound) is 1.12789%. Seems extremely low, almost impossible if normal commercial practices (e.g. credit rating, interests spread) apply, not to mention part of the package is FDI. For China it's loss making from pure financial perspective, a sizable one. However it's sovereign pact between brotherly allies, China's pivoting away from T-bill holdings, and it's part of grand OBOR initiative to boost regional economy for the next few decades, so market rules do not apply. All the best iron bros!
http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/pftools/

Last edited:
Well Mr Minister of Planning and Development, if you had made the agreements public and available then you wouldn't had to deal with all these so called baseless propaganda.
Read again what he write. It is private investment and nothing to do with Govt. Can you declare your property details and other details to public?. Watch below video to understand CPEC projects and don't be one of tools of our enemy which is trying every posible level to stop CPEC project

Read again what he write. It is private investment and nothing to do with Govt. Can you declare your property details and other details to public?. Watch below video to understand CPEC projects and don't be one of tools of our enemy which is trying every posible level to stop CPEC project

Mate this is not regarding my private property but about public issue and asking for transparency doesn't mean that i will become a tool of the enemy, actually lack of transparency is the reason that our enemies are spreading rumors regarding the validity of these projects. In every civilized nation, any person can request full disclosure of any public projects using "Right to information law".

Also i am not against CPEC, but i just want know how is CPEC going to benefit Pakistan, how many jobs will it create? how much money will Pakistan get?

Mate this is not regarding my private property but about public issue and asking for transparency doesn't mean that i will become a tool of the enemy, actually lack of transparency is the reason that our enemies are spreading rumors regarding the validity of these projects. In every civilized nation, any person can request full disclosure of any public projects using "Right to information law".

Also i am not against CPEC, but i just want know how is CPEC going to benefit Pakistan, how many jobs will it create? how much money will Pakistan get?

These are private contractor issues and not related to Govt. Watch video to understand and it clearly stated that it is private investment and they have to pay loans and Govt of Pakistan already fixed rates of electricity and after 25 years it will become Pakistan property

These are private contractor issues and not related to Govt. Watch video to understand and it clearly stated that it is private investment and they have to pay loans and Govt of Pakistan already fixed rates of electricity and after 25 years it will become Pakistan property

Its a very long video so i will watch it later, but if they are private investments, how will they become Pakistan properties after 25 years. Maybe the answer is in the video you shared, so i will comeback to you afterwards

Its a very long video so i will watch it later, but if they are private investments, how will they become Pakistan properties after 25 years. Maybe the answer is in the video you shared, so i will comeback to you afterwards
It is called BOT(Build, operate and transfer)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom