What's new

Pakistan to Tajikistan link by Wakhan Corridor from Lawari Tunnel

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Wakhan Corridor is a narrow strip of territory in Afghanistan, extending to China and separating Tajikistan from Pakistan Chitral and Gilgit.

Pakistan
(Karakorum Highway )Tajikistan (Pamir Highway) link by Wakhan Corridor from Lawari Tunnel is possible ?

Chitral-Ishkashim-Dushanbe Route 135 km is shortest route for Pakistan and Tajikistan.

93491906_2569873846614467_6420263821553696768_n.jpg

Last edited:
93290870_2569873796614472_3550088854406955008_n.jpg

Wakhan was a buffer zone, separating British India from Soviets. This area didn't belong to Afghanistan either. Why not Tajikistan or Pakistan claim this area for a direct border. India has a Air Force bade in Tajik side which gives India to invade Pakistan in few minutes. In the past, this area offered for sale by Afghanistan to Pakistan. We made mistake by not accepting the offer.

The Wakhan Corridor is a narrow strip of territory in Afghanistan, extending to China and separating Tajikistan from Pakistan Chitral and Gilgat.

Pakistan
(Karakorum Highway )Tajikistan (Pamir Highway) link by Wakhan Corridor from Lawari Tunnel is possible ?

Chitral-Ishkashim-Dushanbe Route 135 km is shortest route for Pakistan and Tajikistan.

93491906_2569873846614467_6420263821553696768_n.jpg
Possible...

There are several routes (off road) that even exist today..

It's possible but depends on Afghanistan will and peace and stability in Afghanistan. Lawari tunnel is already functional and the widening of the road towards upper Dir side is underway. So there is great possibility of linking Tajikistan and Pakistan via N 5.

Afghanistan can never stop Pakistan from connecting with Tajikistan. Pakistan has leverage and can get the access any time. Afghanistan is land locked country they need Pakistani ports.
sir if bought that place then we have legal right as well as i fluence and our legal presence on the mouth of Central asian route increase our role and influence in the region. I think only influence is not a good option

Wakhan Corridor was originally British Indian Territory that the British gifted to Afghanistan so that a third country came between Soviet Union and British India, as the British at that time feared the Soviet advancements towards Central Asia. The British had no right to give a part of our land to Afghanistan. This area is still Pakistan (the country that owns the area) And we should have it back, no need to buy anything that is ours.

sir if bought that place then we have legal right as well as i fluence and our legal presence on the mouth of Central asian route increase our role and influence in the region. I think only influence is not a good option
If we had purchased that corridor then Soviets would have directly attacked Pakistan instead of Afghanistan to reach warm waters. Every thing in this world happens for a reason that you might have over looked. :)

Back
Top Bottom