What's new

Pakistan, Sri Lanka free Indian fishermen to mark Modi's swearing-in

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: A day ahead of Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony, both Sri Lanka and Pakistan have ordered the release of Indian fishermen in their custody.

Both Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa are being invited for the ceremony.

Pakistan will release 152 Indian fisherman while Sri Lanka will release all Indian fishermen arrested by the Lankan Navy for poaching.

Earlier this year, Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa had ordered the release of arrested fishermen after India abstained from voting on an anti-Sri Lanka motion at the UN Human Rights Council.

Rajapaksa tweeted, "As a goodwill measure on the occasion of Narendra Modi's swearing-in, President instructs officials to release Indian fishermen in custody."

Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said, "Looking forward to return of five fishermen to home in India from Sri Lanka after announcement by President Rajapaksa today."

Pakistan government has decided to release 152 Indian fishermen and a team from Gujarat has been sent to receive them on the Wagah border in Punjab, a senior state government official said on Saturday.

The fishermen will be brought to Veraval town in Gir Somnath district from where they will leave for their native places, Darbar said.

According to department officials, the fishermen hail from various parts of Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and other cities of the country.

They were captured by Pakistani marine authorities for allegedly entering into their territorial waters.

Pakistan, Sri Lanka free Indian fishermen to mark Modi's swearing-in - IBNLive

#Modieffect

Last edited:
Jayalalitha and Vaiko can now officially:

kelso-burn.jpg

Good step. Most fisherman dont even know which waters they are fishing in when before they are arrested. Good step in my view as these are poor people trying to feed their families.

Don't mention it ! :ashamed:

I only want @Ayush & @levina to say 'Thank You' because they're Pakistanis at heart but are rabidly anti-Pakistan just to be socially more acceptable ! :whistle:

Levina is a South Indian. She can never be a Pakistani. Too bookish.

The closest would be a Bengali Muslim. Levina Khatun.

Oh please @levina prays to whatever gods there be that please when I wake up tomorrow make me wake up as a Pakistani ! :)

But yes she is too bookish & not at all street savvy ! :(

I remember when she just stood & stood & stood at the Red-Light for the span of an hour before the Maintenance Guys came & told her 'Ma'am the light has gone stuck...its some sort of a glitch' & yet she refused to budge till about an hour later when they finally made the lights work again & she drove on ! :o:

Don't mention it ! :ashamed:

I only want @Ayush & @levina to say 'Thank You' because they're Pakistanis at heart but are rabidly anti-Pakistan just to be socially more acceptable ! :whistle:
So which post of mine have you misconstrued this time?? :coffee:
I am INDIAN and so are you. :p:

thank you,you evil punjabi :mad:

actually,i am saddened by the recent threads by my bihari bros,and i am gonna call u an evil punjabi for some days to show my support to my bihari bros :D
Punjabi???
Naaah punjabis are loud but honest.
But these kashmiris I hate them sooo much they give diplomatic answers most of the time and when are not able to camouflage themselves they unleash the sarcastic devils inside them.

Phaaaleeez
No hypothesis 8-)

So which post of mine have you misconstrued this time?? :coffee:
I am INDIAN and so are you. :p:

Punjabi???
Naaah punjabis are loud but honest.
But these kashmiris I hate them sooo much they give diplomatic answers most of the time and when are not able to camouflage themselves they unleash the sarcastic devils inside them.

Phaaaleeez
No hypothesis 8-)
but i love kashmiris :kiss3:
they are the son of soil(bharat mata ke laal) :D just like @Armstrong

Oh please @levina prays to whatever gods there be that please when I wake up tomorrow make me wake up as a Pakistani ! :)
Dream on!!! :coffee:
I know how desperate you're to get an Indian visa and try our chaats.

Armstrong said:
I remember when she just stood & stood & stood at the Red-Light for the span of an hour before the Maintenance Guys came & told her 'Ma'am the light has gone stuck...its some sort of a glitch' & yet she refused to budge till about an hour later when they finally made the lights work again & she drove on ! :o:
Correction: Its HE not SHE.
The HE in the post would then be @Armstrong :p::bunny:
That was your experience in Singapore not mine.

Back
Top Bottom