What's new

Pakistan should do more to end militancy in Afghanistan

Just like MM singh Indian govt sold out for nuke deal rather bought other politicians too to get confidence vote.

But As Sir Salim said realpolitik

The comparison is not the same .. MM got the cake & is eating it too , while " you know who" got the cake ( read USD) & can't eat it.

Not only Singh has gone to the US, even the FM has.

But they have hardly been told that India will get bombed off the face of the earth or been admonished like an errant schoolboy that India is not doing enough!!

Did you not hear the President of the US when he came to Pakistan and berated your President? Even though Bush did it, I thought it was not charitable to take on the Head of a State in an open forum.

You are as usual taking your own meaning out of the events to suit your agenda, let me clarify, India was not caught in the cross fire unlike us. We have a border with Afghanistan one thing, second the interest at that matter severely conflicted due to the Taliban. Even then when Bush was asked this question in a joint press conference, he refused to accept that Pakistan was indeed threaten and instead said that Pakistan was the first country to stand up to support. Also may i remind you that it was India that offered its bases to the US although it has not direct border with Afghanistan on a condition to take Pakistan out first. SO before making such nonsense remarks, it would be better if you look at to what has actually happened. You Guys were lucky, we were not and this cross fire that we got struck into resulted in the threats. And this isn't the first time it happened, Does USSR rings any bell.

Last edited:
Not only Singh has gone to the US, even the FM has.

But they have hardly been told that India will get bombed off the face of the earth or been admonished like an errant schoolboy that India is not doing enough!!

Did you not hear the President of the US when he came to Pakistan and berated your President? Even though Bush did it, I thought it was not charitable to take on the Head of a State in an open forum.

:) India is not located in that strategic point to be threatened to get bombed.

Seconldy US has no problem with Hindus.

Thirdly why would US threaten India of any such attack or bombing when US is using India for containing China.

When US had forced India to stab Iran in the back ;)

And lastly US is aleady eyeing India for finding market for its weapons.

US is desperate to have Nuclear deal with India partly due to many reasons ranging from selling of weapons to containing China to get more access to India nuke programme and to to to mint the newly found important raw material which could be used in nuclear breeders ;)

You are as usual taking your own meaning out of the events to suit your agenda, let me clarify, India was not caught in the cross fire unlike us. We have a border with Afghanistan one thing, second the interest at that matter severely conflicted due to the Taliban. Even then when Bush was asked this question in a joint press conference, he refused to accept that Pakistan was indeed threaten and instead said that Pakistan was the first country to stand up to support. Also may i remind you that it was India that offered its bases to the US although it has not direct border with Afghanistan on a condition to take Pakistan out first. SO before making such nonsense remarks, it would be better if you look at to what has actually happened. You Guys were lucky, we were not and this cross fire that we got struck into resulted in the threats. And this isn't the first time it happened, Does USSR rings any bell.

I don’t take the out my own meanings. I analyse the events and take the corollary the flows from it!

Indeed you have a border with Afghanistan.

Indeed your govt is in conflict with the Taliban. It is a moot point if the majority of Pakistan are! But then that is another matter.

Of course, you are in the cross fire. You have to kowtow to the US and yet have peace in your frontiers. But then the Taliban, the successors of the Mujahideens are your creation and the US only gave you the arms and the weapons as they are still doing!! What’s new about that?

Do see Bush’s statement at the podium when he was addressing the media and Musharaf’s face!

India has offered no bases, except in your imagination. We are not Pakistan who depends on the US munificence! We offered transit facilities IIRC. Transit facilities are not the same as bases! Further, here on this very forum it has been stated that some of the Predators are from Pakistan itself!

It is to who finds truth nonsensical, I appear so.

Truth is not your staple?

isn't it could have put in simple words like

Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend

:) India is not located in that strategic point to be threatened to get bombed.

Seconldy US has no problem with Hindus.

Thirdly why would US threaten India of any such attack or bombing when US is using India for containing China.

When US had forced India to stab Iran in the back ;)

And lastly US is aleady eyeing India for finding market for its weapons.

US is desperate to have Nuclear deal with India partly due to many reasons ranging from selling of weapons to containing China to get more access to India nuke programme and to to to mint the newly found important raw material which could be used in nuclear breeders ;)

Jana,

As usual you are in a profession that survives on spin. I don't blame you!

What do you mean by India not in a strategic position not to get bombed?

May I remind you that Pakistan itself put itself in a strategic position to get bombed by the US.

Zia and even today, Pakistan wants Afghanistan in its pocket. The reasons are very valid. I have no quibble on that on the intellectual plane. It requires a pliant Afghanistan to get the strategic depth as also to ensure there is no hullabaloo over the Durand Line. It is a question of integrity of Pakistan’s territory and sovereignty and its strategic requirement against India. Valid. `

So the ISI worked hard and achieved Phase I – get rid of the Soviets. US was delighted!

But then, where Pakistan bungled it up is that once the Mujahideens took over Afghanistan, they were allowed to run wild. Osama used this chaos to perpetuate his own agenda. He attacked the US. Now that is not cricket as far as the US is concerned! It is fine kowtow to US policies, but it should not be that the US is blown up! Zia had created a Frankenstein and left it to be so, so that Islam was uber alles!

I appreciate the manner in which people of the Islamic faith are so zealous in their belief that Islam is uber alles, but then Zia overdid it. These fundamentalists ran a riot and Osama thought he was the new messiah of Islam, notwithstanding that the Prophet was the last! This blasphemous thought of Osama is what has brought this crisis and Zia is responsible for the same!

And thereafter Pakistan inherited the sins of Zia and Osama and was caught in a bind. It required the munificence of the US and yet could not reconcile to the fact of the unIslamic act of people of the Islamic faith killing people of their own religion!

So, Introspect and not whimper and wail. Pakistan brought this unfortunate situation upon itself and they do not know how to get out from this labyrinth!

Hindus have nothing to do with the equation of the US. If I have missed something, do educate!

You are mistaken about the US arm twisting India over the Iran pipeline. You are a journalist, how is it that you missed the meat – Iran has hiked the cost and the price for the facility from what they had agreed! Obviously, India cannot be taken for a ride or blackmailed!

Yes, it appears that the US is using India as a countervailing influence to China.
Anything wrong in it, if it is mutually beneficial? Remember SEATO and CENTO? The only thing is that India still has an independent policy unlike Pakistan in those days and even now, where it has to agree to everything that the US wants. I believe there has been another strike, violating Pakistan sovereignty, where it is said that the AQ chemical and biological weapon expert has been killed.

US is indeed interested in India and it muscular buying powerful in foreign exchange that few others can boast of in the neighbourhood. It is not our foreign exchange that empowers India, it is it vast markets and it great potential. It is not only India’s capability to pay for weapons without pleading for aid or deferred payment that attract the US, it is also the market. The same attracts all major powers and players including China.

India and Pakistan are different ball parks.

Let us not compare!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom