Pakistan sends holy water of Katas Raj Temple to LK Advani

Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan sends holy water of Katas Raj Temple to LK Advani | Zee News
Last Updated: Friday, May 8, 2015 - 16:39

New Delhi: In a goodwill gesture, Pakistan has sent a pitcher of holy water of Katas Raj temple in Chakwal district of Punjab to BJP veteran LK Advani, who had in 2005 visited the temple for launch of restoration work.

The pitcher carrying the holy water from the 'Amar Kund' (holy pond) of the temple was sent to Advani on Thursday by Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit.

In 2005, Government of Pakistan had invited Advani, the then BJP president, to be the chief guest at a function to commemorate the restoration of the Katas Raj Temple in Pakistan's Punjab district.

Since then, the BJP veteran has been enquiring about the progress of the ongoing work there from every important visiting Pakistani dignitary who have met him here, a statement from the party said.

It is said that the five Pandava brothers, heroes of the historical epic Mahabharata, stayed at this temple for four out of the 14 years that they spent in exile.

According to Hindu mythology, the pond at the temple was formed by Lord Shiva's tears which he is believed to have shed after the death of his wife, Satti.

The story goes that when Satti died, Lord Shiva cried so much and for so long, that his tears created two holy ponds -- one at Pushkar in Ajmer in India and the other at Ketaksha, which literally means raining eyes, in Sanskrit. It is from this name that the word Katas is derived.

PTI

Punjab_Dist_Chakwal.svg

Goodwill gesture from Pakistan to India? Seems like the HC has started the same antics as NS with his saaree stunt. These people haven't learnt a thing have they? Keep trying though... The holy water might have an affect on unholy people.

I visited that place back in 2008. The restoration work was still in progress at that time. It was a wonderful experience and part of the trip from Khewra to Kallar Kahar and Chakwal. Katasraj was on the way and I probably enjoyed most here a part from the Khewra salt mines.

The water at that time was very dirty despite having this beautiful colour as shown in the picture above. The colour of the water was very unique and looked really beautiful from the top of the temple/height. The temple was partially damaged and the restoration work was being done under intense care. I heard it is now in very good condition

There was also a stone commemorating the visit of LK Advani and I think he also pledged a small amount for restoration work if my memory is correct and there was also a large piece of stone where the story as mentioned in the article was inscribed.

It is not a standalone building but series of temples with stairs (typical Indian style temples as shown in the movies). There is also a stupa opposite the temples

Katasraj temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Expect Pakistani's to publish such rubbish about what Ketaksha means.

Ketaki is another name of Draupadi, wife of the Pandavas.

Isha is the name of Lord Shiva or Rudra.

Ketaksha means the Shiva Draupadi worshiped. (Whenever she was there) or Drapuadi's Shiva.

It does not mean "raining eyes". It is wrongly translated as Ket-Aksha.

Back
Top Bottom