What's new

Pakistan seeks greater military exports to Bahrain and Nigeria

Gryphon

Reaction score
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
19 March 2014

Pakistan has highlighted further opportunities to export its military equipment to Bahrain and Nigeria.

Government statements said that Pakistan is pursuing opportunities for further defence trade and related industrial collaboration with both nations. The government also noted its ability to offer "good offset programmes" to its defence export customers, although did not elaborate.

Following meetings between Pakistan and Nigerian defence officials on 17 March, a statement outlined opportunities to increase defence trade and joint production programmes.

Nigeria is a known target customer for the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 Thunder aircraft, jointly developed by Pakistan and China. It has also previously expressed interest in acquiring Al-Zarrar main battle tanks produced by Heavy Industries Taxila, Kaan 33 fast attack craft constructed by Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works, and a range of firearms.

(130 of 290 words)

Pakistan seeks greater military exports to Bahrain and Nigeria - IHS Jane's 360

good they have money , we have Tech, lets sell them some weapons , birds and arms

We need to carry out market dumping. Sell stuff at marginal profits to break in the market. Now add 2 UAVs to the list as well!

Believe me Pakistan is completely ignoring the marketing part for some very strange reasons Pakistan is really not interested in exporting it is like "jo lay uska bhi bhala jo na lay us ka bhi bhala". There is a wide market open for UAV/UCAVs, ALCM, CM cruise missiles [less than 300km] and other products.

@TheOccupiedKashmir, nigerians showing interest merely not buying it they have received F-7 those F-7s are sufficient for the next 16 Years atleast. Unless Pakistan/China comes up with FC-1/JF-17 twin seater and at a good price to nigeria to replace their MB-339 and Alpha Jets some 27-29 aircrafts.

The JF 17 will sell like crazy in the future I believe. Just think about all the countries out there that face modern threats but that dont have modern equipment and are short on money.

Any updates regarding the JF 17 and azerbaijan?

I don't think so unless the engine is "reliable" powerful Chinese engine JF-17 exports are not going to happen so easily. Very poor countries may not buy JF-17 even at 18m unless it is at 10m. PAC/CAC should not sell for the lesser price JF-17/FC-1 not less than 26m both should make utmost profit we can't play this cheap and friendly based sales, it should be sales like real businessmen!. Not the stupid thing that Pakistan did giving away 100 toyota corolla cars as gift to sri lanka where as our police is ill equip in Pakistan and giving free super mushak to saudi arabia for free they should be sold twice the price to arabs enough of this free perks to them!. The BS that saudis played recently I am disgusted with the hypocrite saudi govt if my saudi friends don't like it so be it. It is reality the way they dealt with Pak and the wonderful deals with india shows we should be keeping distance but business should be like this full cash and take it.

Last edited:
I don't think so unless the engine is "reliable" powerful Chinese engine JF-17 exports are not going to happen so easily. Very poor countries may not buy JF-17 even at 18m unless it is at 10m. PAC/CAC should not sell for the lesser price JF-17/FC-1 not less than 26m both should make utmost profit we can't play this cheap and friendly based sales, it should be sales like real businessmen!. Not the stupid thing that Pakistan did giving away 100 toyota corolla cars as gift to sri lanka where as our police is ill equip in Pakistan and giving free super mushak to saudi arabia for free they should be sold twice the price to arabs enough of this free perks to them!. The BS that saudis played recently I am disgusted with the hypocrite saudi govt if my saudi friends don't like it so be it. It is reality the way the dealt with Pak and the wonderful deals with india shows we should be keep distance but business should be like this full cash and take it.
S.A government is just playing games. They said they may buy Altay and Al-Khalid. They are just trying to act like they are friends but in the end we all know who they will side with and who they will buy major equipment from. You do have a point with selling the Jf 17 for a normal price because that gives the product credibility.

S.A government is just playing games. They said they may buy Altay and Al-Khalid. They are just trying to act like they are friends but in the end we all know who they will side with and who they will buy major equipment from. You do have a point with selling the Jf 17 for a normal price because that gives the product credibility.

S.A is upgrading M1 tanks there are tons of Articles that the turkish tank is also rejected, when M1s can do it why would they need Altay tank? Europe is in economical mess in the end german opposition will agree and german and US tanks would be procured Turkey and Pakistan can only bite themselves. Since Turkey again distanced themselves from syrian war so saudis will never invest.

Yes Pakistan must sell a product based on its quality its plus points and the international market not this BS friendship price. Example if a cruise missile costs 1.2m we should price is 1m but not 0.6m with extremely low profit margin and for arab it should be the same price as western product no brotherhood price. If it was for me i would get close to south american nations, look how we lost Brazilian market JF-17 is too good than their F-5s and A-4s but our team is sleeping but than the problem is Engine as well helpless God help us!

Pakistan should target such countries like African countries and Bosnia etc....these regions are main export hub for Chin as well

The JF 17 will sell like crazy in the future I believe. Just think about all the countries out there that face modern threats but that dont have modern equipment and are short on money.

Any updates regarding the JF 17 and azerbaijan?

@ASQ-1918 @Azeri440

it seems Azerbaijan is gonna go for an expensive fighter with the news about Typhoon
and Azerbaijan never wanted to go for JF-17 in the first place
it was just included in the list of potential customers

it seems Azerbaijan is gonna go for an expensive fighter with the news about Typhoon
and Azerbaijan never wanted to go for JF-17 in the first place
it was just included in the list of potential customers

I suspect that also but I think we'll know everything in next 2 years because of non Chinese engine availability no exports.

We will only sell it when we stop selling it. In my opinion setting and advertising a very low price has tarnished it's quality image as well.

Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
19 March 2014

Pakistan has highlighted further opportunities to export its military equipment to Bahrain and Nigeria.

Government statements said that Pakistan is pursuing opportunities for further defence trade and related industrial collaboration with both nations. The government also noted its ability to offer "good offset programmes" to its defence export customers, although did not elaborate.

Following meetings between Pakistan and Nigerian defence officials on 17 March, a statement outlined opportunities to increase defence trade and joint production programmes.

Nigeria is a known target customer for the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 Thunder aircraft, jointly developed by Pakistan and China. It has also previously expressed interest in acquiring Al-Zarrar main battle tanks produced by Heavy Industries Taxila, Kaan 33 fast attack craft constructed by Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works, and a range of firearms.

(130 of 290 words)

Pakistan seeks greater military exports to Bahrain and Nigeria - IHS Jane's 360

30+ Super Mushak
30+ K-8s
30+ JF-17 Block-IIs
UAVs
HIT-POF-NESCOM-GIDS-IDS-KS&EWs-PAC equipment should be sold to Nigeria, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait along with other Muslim countries and African and South American countries.

I have seen Pakistan DEPO since 2005 that its not marketing their products right in Muslim world nor in the African and South American market.

I really know the pressure or US-EU aka NATO:buba_phone::big_boss::butcher::lock::police::sniper:But still Pakistan has a great chance of selling their own products in the above mention regions and brothers.

More over Pakistan should look towards doing more and more JV with Turkey and China and must welcome other Muslim countries to join in.

is there any institution in Pakistan specific for Research and Development like DRDO under one umbrella???

Back
Top Bottom