What's new

Pakistan says no ban on fasting in China

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan on Thursday said that there is no ban on fasting in China and reports published in a section of press in this regard are just rumours and baseless.
Replying to a question about the reports that the Chinese government has banned fasting for Muslims, Foreign Office spokesperson Tasnim Aslam informed journalists that these reports were just rumours and factually incorrect. “The Chinese have clarified that there is no such ban on fasting and that they respect the freedom of religion,” she said.

The spokesperson further said the Chinese government has also clarified that they have guidelines in their system under which religious activities should not interfere with the state functions. About Pakistani prisoners in China, the spokesperson said that Pakistan has not received any report that Pakistani prisoners were not properly treated.

Referring to previous statements, she said there were 281 Pakistani prisoners in Chinese prisons and 90% of them are detained or convicted on drugs/narcotics smuggling and illegal trade charges. She said one of these prisoners has been detained on murder charges and others in cases like illegal stay/over stay, illegal entry and fraud etc. There are 33 prisoners in Beijing, 95 in Urumqi, nine in Chengdu, 100 in Guangzhou, 22 in Shanghai and 22 in some other detention centres, she added.

On a question on recent escalation of violence in Gaza, the spokesperson said Pakistan had condemned Israeli aggression and supported the international community's efforts in bringing about a cessation of unilateral Israeli strikes killing Palestinians, including women and children. "Pakistan has consistently supported the Palestinian cause, specially the two-state solution which paves the way for a viable, geographically contiguous Palestinian state, created on the basis of pre-1967 borders, with Al Quds Al-Sharif as its capital,” she said.

Pakistan says no ban on fasting in China

This ban on Ramadan fasting is nothing new in China, they ban it every year, Pakistan should stop living in deliberate denial.

I m in China for the last 4 years n never saw any ban..i dont know how they r implementing it coz there r alot of chinese muslims live here n i never heard them even talking about it..i always read about such bans on news every Ramadan

Good for the Muslims of China, rest of the Muslims need not worry because of Pakistan's assurance.

@Imran Khan @Informant
how is pakistan the takedar of the muslims by addressing this issue? pakistan simply is trying to calm its own muslim population down which 97% of the country, and I'm pretty sure most of them were starting be perhaps skeptical when this went in the news so it had to addressed after all china is an important ally and when don't want our population to have bad feelings towards them.

Islam kay Thekedar syndrome at work :lol:

You clearly didn't read the article, the foreign office responded to a question by a journalist at a press briefing and hence the statement.

this habbit take in hell to pakistan we are here in deep mess because we are so called (thekedaar)contractor of whole muslim world and every Muslim . even they don't spit on us .

Pani piyo pani. Shabash. Thanda pani piyo.

Chinese security forces are spoon feeding each & every Muslim to make sure the BAN is fully enforced :D

Back
Top Bottom