What's new

Pakistan’s woes — a diagnosis

You are wrong and i will give answers to substantiate my statement.

The ONLY reason, why the Politicians are succumbing to the military is because of the implicit threat - that the day they cross a red line set by the military, they will be removed from power by a coup!

The day they are assured that there will be no coup, they will not hesitate to start clipping the military's extra constitutional privileges. They both have a big axe to grind.

Today that looks like an impossible thing - with today's day and age and with the media of Pakistan coming of age, it is almost impossible to commit a coup. The second defence being the judiciary. The CJ has already said 'no more' to any judicial sanctions to coup's. While the CJ will change, his words have set a precedent................

Now, the only thing the military can do is sponsor another political party to make it win in elections! And it is indeed doing that = PTI !
However this is not direct intervention, and the likelyhood of winning slim. Even then, how long do you think that PTI will be controlled or toe the military's line on all affairs? You see people have a tendency to forget things and be independent when they come to power..............

All I will say is that I stand by my assessment with good reasons that are not naive, unlike your reasoning.

All I will say is that I stand by my assessment with good reasons that are not naive, unlike your reasoning.
VCheng, i value experience. You have that in much greater quantities.

But this being a discussion forum, i would like if you could expound on why you feel your assessment is correct. I think i and maybe even you might benefit from it?

VCheng, i value experience. You have that in much greater quantities.

But this being a discussion forum, i would like if you could expound on why you feel your assessment is correct. I think i and maybe even you might benefit from it?

Sure buddy, let's wait for wiser counsel to opine here first.

Back
Top Bottom