What's new

Pakistan’s Supreme Court removes poll bar on Sharif brothers

zob, dear
i am sory , but once he let big boys , of the hook!
sooner or later , these big boys will be, saying tata to "JUSTICE CHOWDRY" its the ultimate future for our dear , "JUSTICE CHOWDRY", i guss he will not be around , on the next elections.
plz ,dont think any of our big boys like him, instead they are playing , wth him.;):enjoy:

I am sure that this could be an opinion of yours however please do defend your claim that the CJP will be removed and won't retire.

@Batman

sir CJ will be in office till 2013 inshallah that is enough time to fix the system so that people cannot change the system according to their own will!!! and now the SUPREME COURT has become so powerful that none of the big boys would dare to touch or standup against the SUPREME COURT!!!

its like the chinese proverb you give a man a fish he eats for a day you teach a man how to fish he eats for life!!

so in our context you fix the system you fix your future you just go after the big boys from the word go you fix the problem for a while only and you relapse into CHAOS and corruption!!!

SSGPA1
There should be no change in the political setup either. If you look at the history of pakistan the problem has always been that Army has interfered in the affairs of the state so many times, yet there is no tangible progress on the political front. We all know that the army cannot rule pakistan indefinately, but by interferring it has removed the natural transtion of Pakistan from an unstable political setup to a stable setup. Sure this present lot is corrupt to the core and will run the country into the ground. But tell me when and how will the public learn that till such time that you rise above Biradari, Sardari and regional mentality and vote on merit, the plight of pakistan and its people will not improve.
I have often heard, the politicians will sell this country , ruin it and divide it into bits. If the masses want it so, do you see the Army keeping us together. Talk to the senior armed forces members and they will tell you how our very own army has made countless blunders at crucial juncture in the history of this country, made foolish decisions based on greed and petty rivalry and caused havoc in this land.
The country needs to wash itself of its drivel and *****. if we have chosen democracy as a system so be it. let the system work for 2-3 decades, let it iron out its own problems. the country will eventually be better off. Transition from army to civilain rule will only cause more chaos and destruction which will eventually take this country down.
I hope you understand my sentiments.
WaSalam
Araz

I agree that interference by Army is one of the main reasons why Pakistan is without true leadership but I don’t want to blame Pakistan Army alone … Imran Khan, BB and JI thanked Gen. Musharraf after his coup … NS did the same in past, hell, he was the CM Punjab in Zia’s time … so we are back to square one today … my problem starts when NS and BB are dry cleaned by the means of NRO and SCoP decissions but cases are filed against Musharraf.

There shouldn’t be any case against Musharraf either … if ‘Let bygones be bygones’ is the policy then it should apply to all.

It is sad indeed that how quick we are in declaring something wrong just because we don’t like it. How many of you guys were present in the court during the hearing of the case? Are you aware what arguments and counter arguments made in favor and against the previous ruling? Do you know on what basis this decision was made? Even the most corrupt Judge has to follow some rules before inking his decision. You guys are talking as if the decision was not made by the Supreme Court but by a group of criminals.

Here is an argument: Both Zardari and Nawaz Sharif are corrupt and have looted Pakistani wealth and stored outside of Pakistan.

Here is another argument: Why didn't CJP overturned the NRO?

I don't think two wrongs make a right.

How can CJP over turn cases when he should have pushed for a thorough and unbiased investigation?

CJP has just facilitated both NS and Zardari by this decission.

Is he concerned with the political aftermath?

CJP shouldn't be concerned with that because people trusted him to deliver justice and not to worry about political landscape of this country.

There are many politicians to lead this country even if Musharraf, NS and Zardari die in the same plane crash (I am sure many of you said ameen).

good news after a long time really want to see nawaz sarif in the national assembly as a prime minister.

I agree that interference by Army is one of the main reasons why Pakistan is without true leadership but I don’t want to blame Pakistan Army alone … Imran Khan, BB and JI thanked Gen. Musharraf after his coup … NS did the same in past, hell, he was the CM Punjab in Zia’s time … so we are back to square one today … my problem starts when NS and BB are dry cleaned by the means of NRO and SCoP decissions but cases are filed against Musharraf.

There shouldn’t be any case against Musharraf either … if ‘Let bygones be bygones’ is the policy then it should apply to all.

N.S. and NRO?????

mate please atleast read how and on what bases he was barred and why he was forgiven how on earth do you claim that N.S. is cleaned from the NRO.

N.S. and NRO?????

mate please atleast read how and on what bases he was barred and why he was forgiven how on earth do you claim that N.S. is cleaned from the NRO.

Read my comment again ... I wrote NRO and SCoP decissions ...

CJP facilitaed and this is also your thinking too that since one corrupt guy is free to take part in elections then NS should also be able to do the same ...

Read my comment again ... I wrote NRO and SCoP decissions ...

CJP facilitaed and this is also your thinking too that since one corrupt guy is free to take part in elections then NS should also be able to do the same ...

I question that they need to draw the line at some point but they have to judge everyone by the same stick.

Guys
For what it is worht the CJP is honest and I have it on really good authority. As to what he did or did not do, Ithink the people advising Musharraf should have been hung out to dry. There was no need to take on the CJP. There is always a way of dealing with a situation and any wise man will see where the other man is coming from and see what effect his decision will have on the country. CJP was not averse to listening to logic, but the way in which he was dealt with, it became an issue of ego.
As to why not tackle NRO, do we not have enough chaos already without him adding to it. However, the NRO is a great injustice and aught to be dealt with in a court at some stage in the future. Similarly , Musharraf should also be brought to task if there is anything concrete against him.
We are at least setting one good example, lets hope people take the lead from this and start thinking of institutions rather than individuals.
WaSalam
Araz

I think that the CJP would tackle this issue once the dust on the Swat issue is settled.

SC gives first verdict after new judicial policy - GEO.tv

Updated at: 1218 PST, Monday, June 01, 2009
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court (SC) has ordered to include relaxation in sentence given by government in the period of punishment of accused; however, this would not be applied on terrorism, karokari and NAB cases.

A six-member larger bench of Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry gave its verdict in a case regarding duration of arrest of culprit.

According to details of the decision, relaxation in punishment given by president on different occasions would be counted in the duration among which the prisoner was arrested. However, this would not be applicable on the cases of karokari, terrorism and NAB cases.

The decision stated that president would not be barred to give pardon under constitution’s article no 45. The judicial sources said 10,000 prisoners would be benefited after SC decision.

Back
Top Bottom