What's new

Pakistan 's external debt, liabilities hit record $73 BILLION dollars level

I hope Pakistan pays of the debt and buy more Indian goods in the future :)
InshAllah we will
It's talking about Pakistan's external debt bro. What will locking it achieve? Pakistanis ignoring, what is a concern.
The problem is with the trolls here
@That Guy @Arsalan you guys are expert on these topics so i am tagging you here :)

It seems you guys need every Indian's input in this issue. What about your debts? I want to hear your input on your national issue and please our issues with us and we can take care that by our self. Plus i am not a finance minister of Pakistan that my post will become Pakistan policy. @WebMaster @Horus @WAJsal

Please close this useless thread

India’s external debt rises $10.6 billion to $485.6 billion in March 2016
RBI data shows share of commercial borrowings remained the largest component of external debt with share of 37.3%, followed by NRI deposits at 26.1%

MoneywebnewRamesh-kcoB--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

Photo: Ramesh Pathania/Mint
Mumbai: India’s external debt stood at $485.6 billion at the end of March 2016, recording an increase of $10.6 billion year-on-year, primarily on account of a rise in outstanding non-residential Indian (NRI) deposits, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Thursday.

The increase in the magnitude of external debt was partly offset by valuation gain resulting from the appreciation of the US dollar vis-a-vis the rupee and other major currencies, the central bank said in a statement.

The external debt to gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.7% at March-end 2016, a shade lower than its level of 23.8% at March-end 2015, it added.

The RBI said on residual maturity basis, short-term debt constituted about 42.6% of total external debt at March-end 2016 compared with 38.2% at March-end 2015. As per RBI data, the share of commercial borrowings continued to be the largest component of external debt with a share of 37.3%, followed by NRI deposits (26.1%) and short-term trade credit (16.5%).

The ratio of short-term debt (original maturity) to foreign exchange reserves declined 23.1% at March-end 2016 compared to 25% at March-end 2015.

Debt service payments increased to 8.8% of current receipts at March-end 2016 as compared to 7.6% at March-end 2015, the RBI said.

Meanwhile, with a view to rationalizing and expediting the process of giving approval, the central bank said it has been decided that external commercial borrowing proposals received in the RBI above a certain threshold limit (re-fixed from time to time) be placed before the empowered committee.

“The Reserve Bank of India will take a final decision in the cases taking into account the recommendation of the empowered committee,” it said.

India’s external debt rises $10.6 billion to $485.6 billion in March 2016
RBI data shows share of commercial borrowings remained the largest component of external debt with share of 37.3%, followed by NRI deposits at 26.1%

MoneywebnewRamesh-kcoB--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

Photo: Ramesh Pathania/Mint
Mumbai: India’s external debt stood at $485.6 billion at the end of March 2016, recording an increase of $10.6 billion year-on-year, primarily on account of a rise in outstanding non-residential Indian (NRI) deposits, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Thursday.

The increase in the magnitude of external debt was partly offset by valuation gain resulting from the appreciation of the US dollar vis-a-vis the rupee and other major currencies, the central bank said in a statement.

The external debt to gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.7% at March-end 2016, a shade lower than its level of 23.8% at March-end 2015, it added.

The RBI said on residual maturity basis, short-term debt constituted about 42.6% of total external debt at March-end 2016 compared with 38.2% at March-end 2015. As per RBI data, the share of commercial borrowings continued to be the largest component of external debt with a share of 37.3%, followed by NRI deposits (26.1%) and short-term trade credit (16.5%).

The ratio of short-term debt (original maturity) to foreign exchange reserves declined 23.1% at March-end 2016 compared to 25% at March-end 2015.

Debt service payments increased to 8.8% of current receipts at March-end 2016 as compared to 7.6% at March-end 2015, the RBI said.

Meanwhile, with a view to rationalizing and expediting the process of giving approval, the central bank said it has been decided that external commercial borrowing proposals received in the RBI above a certain threshold limit (re-fixed from time to time) be placed before the empowered committee.

“The Reserve Bank of India will take a final decision in the cases taking into account the recommendation of the empowered committee,” it said.

In the theme of @The Sandman I should report you and hope to get your message deleted and tag in all the mods. But I wont because this is a real issue of both nations.

With make in india, hopefully this will also fall. But with China, it will be difficult to close the gap.

In the theme of @The Sandman I should report you and hope to get your message deleted and tag in all the mods. But I wont because this is a real issue of both nations.

With make in india, hopefully this will also fall. But with China, it will be difficult to close the gap.
No one is trolling on this and no Pakistani's are discussing it like you people and no Pakistani is passing sarcastic troll remarks on it and where did i tagged "all" the mods?

Should not be a big issue, as far as we are importing cheap capital goods. In fact they are supporting our growth in some sectors. Once we become self sufficient then we can impose some taxes or ban their products in the name of domestic industry or environment concerns. China should now open their IT & Pharma market for India, why are they so afraid of Indian companies is completely out of my mind to understand.

No one is trolling on this and no Pakistani's are discussing it like you people and no Pakistani is passing sarcastic troll remarks on it and where did i tagged "all" the mods?
You tagged 3 of them.

No one is trolling, everyone is on topic here except you, trying to get this thread deleted.

Should not be a big issue, as far as we are importing cheap capital goods. In fact they are supporting our growth in some sectors. Once we become self sufficient then we can impose some taxes or ban their products in the name of domestic industry or environment concerns. China should now open their IT & Pharma market for India, why are they so afraid of Indian companies is completely out of my mind to understand.

The problem is, if China starts owning assets in India, it will become more difficult to impose tariff on them. India should try to make China to open its market to India medicines.

At least my mother land has no chance of dying. Can't say and would never wish for yours. Anyways there are enough people in Pakistan to worry and work for Pakistan's external debt.

You go do something more useful for your country like threatening Kashmiris on this forum.

Do Pakistanis have the sole right to open a thread against India or regarding Pakistan? This is an open forum, and kindly discuss the topic at hand instead of trolling.

That's weird.

If you take debt to repay debt and you actually do, it cancel out in your balance sheet.
It would if you take debt only from the same entity and that entity doesn't have an understanding of debt liabilities and has no other business in the rest of the world.

Do Pakistanis have the sole right to open a thread against India or regarding Pakistan? This is an open forum, and kindly discuss the topic at hand instead of trolling.

Indians are trolling. Check who brought CPEC first on this thread.

You need to calm down and contribute to this thread or stay out of it. My message quota has finished with you now. Goodbye
lol i am totally cool oh yes yes contribute to this thread like you? yep have wasted enough time with you now don't quote me again:lol:
@Mentee @WaLeEdK2 :D

Indians are trolling. Check who brought CPEC first on this thread.
Some of them always do this first make a troll post than act as an innocent. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom