What's new

Pakistan’s economy stabilising, says Gilani

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Tuesday claimed that within a period of two years, important economic targets have been achieved and the economy is back on the path of stability.

Speaking at the Economic Coordination Committee’s meeting, which he chaired, the Prime Minister said foreign exchange reserves were at a respectable level, workers remittances showed impressive growth and revenue collection also improved.

Prime Minister Gilani also observed that the investor’s confidence was also improving and manufacturing had started to pick up.

The Prime Minister urged the committee members to ensure smooth and effective implementation of the decisions of the ECC and the Cabinet.

He also assured that all decisions will be taken in the best national interest and for the greater benefit of the citizens. — DawnNews

It is stabilising as is evident from macro economic factors but needs some time to pick up growth and retain our old high growth.

The war of terror hurt us but we have to learn and move on, hopefully as violence subsides and we are seeing that. Prosperous relations with neighbors and focus on economic development will yield good results.

Ya Ya stabilizing.By getting Loans from IMF and Planning More to get.Economy is stabilizing that's why Tareen resigned.

i think if Zardari was deposed and some more power given to Jilani, things will improve a bit more.pakistans problems ,however, need a very concerted effort form a visionary AND A STRICT DISCIPLINARIAN. We wont see the light of progress for 5-6 yrs yet . the other fsactor in our progress is lack of security.Unless we have security and less of law andorder problems, we will not progress.I would however agree that the two are mutually interrelated and need to be sorted simultaneously.
Araz

Ya Ya stabilizing.By getting Loans from IMF and Planning More to get.Economy is stabilizing that's why Tareen resigned.

I dont think you know how economy stabilises, you need loans to achieve growth. The worlds biggest economy is also under most debt. Not a good thing but its the way to achieve growth. Even Britain, India and other countries take loans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom