What's new

Pakistan, Romania discuss cooperation in defence production

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1397058783_callon.jpg

Romanian Ambassador Emilian ION called on Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanvir Hussain in Rawalpindi on Wednesday and discussed cooperation between the two countries in defence production.

He also offered venture into joint projects.

Rana Tanvir Hussain stressed that on lines of a business council, Romania and Pakistan should look into possibility of making a forum where matters of joint collaboration could be explored on regular basis

Radio Pakistan

main co-operation currently is maintenance/upgrade of Puma helos by Romania.

I see Pakistan only has 4.I suppose it's not feasible to have them modernised to "M" version like us.

Maybe in the future a Super Puma version which can be manufactured at Ghimbav and even in Pakistan ?

Could Pakistan be interested in modern APC's ? A joint venture for the SAUR 2 would be a God send for us.

Saur 2 8x8 Armoured Personnel Carrier - Army Technology

I see Pakistan only has 4.I suppose it's not feasible to have them modernised to "M" version like us.

Maybe in the future a Super Puma version which can be manufactured at Ghimbav and even in Pakistan ?

Could Pakistan be interested in modern APC's ? A joint venture for the SAUR 2 would be a God send for us.

army prefers the MiL-17 versions for some reason. cheaper perhaps. AFA APC's go they have invested heavily in the US M-113 APC and now has several versions in production.

Pakistan and Romania have pledged to explore areas of possible joint defence production, the Pakistani government said on 9 April.

Pakistan's Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain said the two countries were considering the establishment of a bilateral forum "where matters of collaboration and ventures could be explored on regular basis".

Hussain did not elaborate, although the statement made specific reference to Romania's capabilities in land systems, including "heavy tanks, military trucks, armoured personnel carriers and communication equipment".

Romania's production of such materiel is undertaken by enterprises under the state-owned ROMARM holding company, which bears resemblance, in terms of capabilities, to the Pakistan Ordnance Factories, which comprises 14 defence manufacturing units across the country.

Pakistan and Romania consider joint defence production - IHS Jane's 360

Pakistan and Romania have pledged to explore areas of possible joint defence production, the Pakistani government said on 9 April.

Pakistan's Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer Hussain said the two countries were considering the establishment of a bilateral forum "where matters of collaboration and ventures could be explored on regular basis".

Hussain did not elaborate, although the statement made specific reference to Romania's capabilities in land systems, including "heavy tanks, military trucks, armoured personnel carriers and communication equipment".

Romania's production of such materiel is undertaken by enterprises under the state-owned ROMARM holding company, which bears resemblance, in terms of capabilities, to the Pakistan Ordnance Factories, which comprises 14 defence manufacturing units across the country.

Pakistan and Romania consider joint defence production - IHS Jane's 360

Altough we haven't manufactured one of those(tanks) indigenuosly since the early 90's...yeeeyy democracy ! :(

TR-85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rumours abt Serb Lazar 2...( karachi cops bought couple of them aswell )...
Altough we haven't manufactured one of those(tanks) indigenuosly since the early 90's...yeeeyy democracy ! :(

TR-85 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

based on t-55?

Good to see this. Never knew we had ties with Romania beyond a simple embassy. Poland I have known about for a while.

Hey Romania home of great music and beautiful ladies.

rumours abt Serb Lazar 2...( karachi cops bought couple of them aswell )...

based on t-55?

Yes...based on it as a starting point but a whole different product,especially the M1.Wiki also has its manufacturing history handled quite well.

1397058783_callon.jpg

Romanian Ambassador Emilian ION called on Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanvir Hussain in Rawalpindi on Wednesday and discussed cooperation between the two countries in defence production.

He also offered venture into joint projects.

Rana Tanvir Hussain stressed that on lines of a business council, Romania and Pakistan should look into possibility of making a forum where matters of joint collaboration could be explored on regular basis

Radio Pakistan
Super Mushak, K-8s and JF-17s along with UAVs should be on discussion. More over, Pakistan should offer its Army and Naval equipment for exports as well.

Back
Top Bottom