What's new

Pakistan Railways sign agreement for study of high speed train

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, Feb 10 (APP): Pakistan Railways on Saturday speed train signed an agreement with an Austrian and Spanish based consortium to carry out feasibility study for running of a high speed train between Rawalpindi and Lahore.
The document for conduct of feasibility study for laying of high speed track, to be completed in nine months was signed at the Ministry of Railways here.
Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmed and Secretary and Chairman Railways Shakil Durrani witnessed the striking of the agreement which was signed by General Manager Railways Assad Saeed while the consortium - M/s M R Consult - was represented by its Managing Director Mr. Santiago.
Officials from the embassies of Austria and Spain also were present there to witness the signing ceremony.
Pakistan Railways has planned to start high speed train between Rawalpindi and Lahore before 2010. The train is estimated to run at a pace of 250 to 300 kilometres per hour.

M/S M R Consult is the firm which has won the contract for quoting lowest rates of Rs 23.97 million among the total eight bidding companies drawn from USA, China, France, Sweden, Austria and Spain.

http://www.app.com.pk/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3623&Itemid=2

Nice. :) Actually the exisiting trains that already exist are not that bad.

i believe the ones that run between Lahore and Rawalpindi take about 6 to 7 hours.this one will reduce that time by more then half.:flag:

yay buhat acha khayal hay Sheikh Rasheed for Bullet trian

its 2 hours and 30 minutes traveling time between two cities. If this project executed...

I think!! Goverment Should start bullet train from karachi to lahore

The current trains are not in a bad condition. They are in pretty good condition for that matter. Only that they take a long time to travel from one point to another.

Motorway is the biggest killer of railway system..If Pak railway system wants to survive then compete with motorway..

why do they have to make every project in punjab???? why cant they make a tube system in khi and lhr that is more urgent...and rational

Bullet trains are a crazy idea when what Pakistan needs is better roads without potholes and tarsealing the many gravel roads and laying of more standard raillines in areas not already serviced, Pakistan is not at China's level of development that it can blow money on white elephant projects.

Bullet trains are a crazy idea when what Pakistan needs is better roads without potholes and tarsealing the many gravel roads and laying of more standard raillines in areas not already serviced, Pakistan is not at China's level of development that it can blow money on white elephant projects.

it would probably be private investment...just like karakoram express but i strongly agree with you on the roads that we drive on:wall: :wall: :angry:

It wont be long after this project gets completed.

this was also said by ns about motorways??? but what happened??

Train system is not bad ?? you are jocking yar. I dont know if any one of you were old enough to travel on the train in 1950 to 1960. Oh I miss that time the trains were clean and First Class ment First class and the food was 5 star. I remember the cook used to come and ask us what would we like to eat. My father being in the army we traveled a lot and the trains in that era were nothing like what we have today.

In Nawaz Sharif's time they did a study for bullet train from Lahore to Pindi and than karachi to Peshawar. The Japanees company said that the train system in our country is good but for bullet train the people are not ready. The report said that there are 3 elements in Pakistan which cannot be controlled and running a train at that speeds will be a mistake. the 3 elements were People/ Trash/ Animals if they can be controlled than there is no danger to the tracks.So lets see

The new built roads are quite good and are of the western standard. Dont know if you have visited Pakistan recently.

Sir Murad,

Its nice to hear, but i used the train from Karachi to Hydrabad to Lahore, and it was quite comfortable, but yes we didn't get anything special to eat. :cry:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom