What's new

Pakistan purchases potatoes from India to cover shortfall from floods

Status
Not open for further replies.
potatoes, how you like it with , stuffed,alu matar,alu dum,alu burger ?

pakistani friends seems offended by potatoes news . but why only potatoes what about other vegs ?

stop being to clever and sarcastic, what he meant was in good spirit unlike you.
Indian said it " Its in good spirit"

Pakistani Said it " NOT IN GOOD SPIRIT, PURE EVIL, TROLL, RANT, USELESS IDIOTIC COMMENT" .

Thanks for such awesome standards Desi

The big deal is we give food while get bullets in return... Flash back a few months back to 26/11 ...

1. Indian Doctors saves thousand pakistani lives each year...

2. The indian doctors are going to save thousand of flood victims...

3. And its our potatos that we are selling.. In a country..of 100 crore.. which wont ever fell short of demand...

Now.. U tell me... What does thousand patients mean if indian doctors can and do get more daily?

Tell me.. Who do indian doctors loose if they dont treat flood victims???

Tell me.. In a nation of 100 crore people... What we loose if we donnt export a few tons of potatos???

The fact is its a Gesture... We u dont need to show us the proft to the nation with fastest economy...

Its NOT JUST USUAL business...
Its about understanding n brotherhood...
And i huble agree India must Help our Pakistani Brothers n sisters...

But think.. Just think....If u consider that we are sending doctors..giving aid...giving food supplies.. To the same country we had qars and which recently was responsible for 26/11 u will know... How Bold step it is.

We are saving Lives of the nation whose country men killed 200 innocent lives of our nation..

dont you guys think its NOT USUAL BUSINESS... When ur own close muslim nations have gievn nothing compared to what they gave for katarina victims??

YOU RIVAL IS DOING far more than expected but ur 'so called' friends.. Are turining away.. Dont u think Its MORE than Just Business???

Its my tax money that will go to Pakistan... I am furius... That the people getting my money dont even have kind words for it...

I am sorry to say.. But if thats the return u give to a helping hand.. No one will give u a helping hand...

BEFORE GIVING A TROLL:: PLACE PAK INPLACE OF INDIA n HAVE A THINK.

XINXI ur talking as the potatoes ur SELLING are comming for free and will feed terrorists?
Indian doctors saving lives of Pakistanis?WHERE?Even if they do in the UK or US they get PAID!
U talk of bombay attacks while u forget SAMJHUTA EXPRESS?
U talk of indian doctors comming to Pakistan as a gesture?SO ?Is it ur Governments initiative>?
Wat tax payers money?Huh did we take AID frm india?
Who cares about so called muslim friends>?
I thanks KSA KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA for helping us in time of need and others!
I even thank indian individuals (doctors) who want to treat victims of one of the worst floods on earth bigger then tsunami,2005 earth quake and haitian earth quake combines!!

Dont act like ur doing us a bloody favour by sellin patatoes!U arent givin em to us for FREE ur farmers will only benefit frm the deal not lose money!!

SHAME ON INDIAN MEDIA!AND ITS SUPPORTERS.

Last edited:
I think Pakistan should take the benefit of Indian gesture be it selling the potatoes or doctors willing to help or aids or whatever in resolving the dispute, and we should not get provoked from such comment.

if you find it wrong dont buy them simple, market is huge!

nothing more will happen. Nor you have lost or will lose anything neither we are going to lose any thing.
Rona kis baat ka???

Last edited:
there is always health risk while dealing with indian products or visiting india.
there are always health risk warnings by international organisations.

Buying potatoes from India while Pakistani potatoes are ******* on farm lands is another example of aiding india in the same way Pakistan govt. aid india in shape of (air and land) transit facilities worth billions of dollars.

For those of you who say that this ain't great and India is not giving this for free, it is just a humanitarian gesture not based on profit or loss, you think there is no demand elsewhere in the world for potatoes?
What abt the 5 million dollar aid we are offering? Is it because India wants to enslave pakistan to aid money? Have you heard of pakistan giving aid to india during times of earthquakes and other natural disasters in India?
Come on guys take it in the right spirit, it is only helping the poor in your nation because they will be the hardest hit in times of steep inflation.
These are the kind of gestures needed from both sides in order to make this a happy neighborhood to live in

I think Pakistan should take the benefit of Indian gesture be it selling the potatoes or sending doctors or aids or whatever in resolving the dispute, and we should not get provoked from such comment. if you fidn it wrong dont buy them simple.
nothing more will happen. Nor you are going to lose anything neither we are going to lose any thing.

Listen guy!
We r not gettin indian AID!
2)We are PAYING for the potatoes!We bought em frm india coz we already do buissness dispite the disputes!

We could have paid cuba nd gotten them not a big deal.

But making a big deal out of a pure buisness deal by indians and indian media is a very cheap,vulgar and disgusting thing!

We PAID we GOT.... now why the fuzz as if ur doing us a bloody favour>?Would we die if we didnt buy potatoes frm india?we would have gotten em frm combodia!!

Mr. Nationalist,

1. Its NOT free but , if u can pay that doesnt mean u can Buy ... Pray that INDIAN OPPOSTION DOES NOT MAKE AN ISSUE OVER IT ELSE, THIS HELP .. WHICH WONT BE UNDERSTOOD BY KEYBOARD WARRIORS... WONT REACH OUR BROTHERS SUFFERING IN FLOODS...

MKI IS PRICED 80 MILLION BUT U CANT BUY IT. IT TAKES MORE THAN MONEY.. THE 'GESTURE' OF THE SELLER..

2. YOU DONT KNOW THE NO. OF PAKISTANI'S COMING TO INDIA FOR TREATMENTS ??? GO READ.... U NEED TO KNOW UR OWN PEOPLE FIRST.

3. How many Indians have fired bullets in Hotels in Pakistan ??? Dont bring war here... I asked... That we r helping u... Thoug many of u dream to nuke the same india which saves ur lives after ur country men killed 200 just an year ago...

4. Indian farmers have a far far bigger market than what u can buy...

I am sorry to say.. But Humbleness seems to have dissapeared from pakistan...

Long Live Pakistan..

there is always health risk while dealing with indian products or visiting india.
there are always health risk warnings by international organisations.

Buying potatoes from India while Pakistani potatoes are ******* on farm lands is another example of aiding india in the same way Pakistan govt. aid india in shape of (air and land) transit facilities worth billions of dollars.

Market is huge you can get high quality BIO Products Potatoes from France, Germany, Canada and South Africa but if you want our potatoes we will send.

Poor people and flood victims which are suffering from food shortage and high inflation will benefit from it.

Its good that Pakistan has purchased these potatoes for its flood victims otherwise these would have got rotten as poor people in India might not have the money to buy these:lazy::lazy::lazy: Indians and their usual poor tactics of show off and false pride.

Pakistan has bought the commodity from India by paying whats the big deal about it and whats there to show off by India.

Seems you guys are going to suffer from show off syndrome forever

XINXI ur talking as the potatoes ur SELLING are comming for free and will feed terrorists?
Indian doctors saving lives of Pakistanis?WHERE?Even if they do in the UK or US they get PAID!
U talk of bombay attacks while u forget SAMJHUTA EXPRESS?
U talk of indian doctors comming to Pakistan as a gesture?SO ?Is it ur Governments initiative>?
Wat tax payers money?Huh did we take AID frm india?
Who cares about so called muslim friends>?
I thanks KSA KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA for helping us in time of need and others!
I even thank indian individuals (doctors) who want to treat victims of one of the worst floods on earth bigger then tsunami,2005 earth quake and haitian earth quake combines!!

Dont act like ur doing us a bloody favour by sellin patatoes!U arent givin em to us for FREE ur farmers will only benefit frm the deal not lose money!!

SHAME ON INDIAN MEDIA!AND ITS SUPPORTERS.

Dude take no offence but there are cases of pakistani patients coming and taking treatment in taxpayers money, so i hope that is a good gesture on the part of india.
Another point of disagreement would be that even though we are selling it for a price we wouldn't have offered even that if we only had hostile intentions.
Well you haven't taken any aid from India but the offer is on the table and the humanitarian gesture which counts rather than the monetary value.

Listen guy!
We r not gettin indian AID!
2)We are PAYING for the potatoes!We bought em frm india coz we already do buissness dispite the disputes!

We could have paid cuba nd gotten them not a big deal.

But making a big deal out of a pure buisness deal by indians and indian media is a very cheap,vulgar and disgusting thing!

We PAID we GOT.... now why the fuzz as if ur doing us a bloody favour>?Would we die if we didnt buy potatoes frm india?we would have gotten em frm combodia!!

do not show me you aggression!
this is not the time.

Indian Gesture means, since ages we have been away from dialogues and recent dialogues in Islamabad were a calamity. So when we are ready to help you be it a business, both of us should take the advantage of it to reduce tensions.
But there are a bunch of people who wont allow it. We can see that here.

Last edited:
Ohh my goodness, sometimes I feel that we are literate only in terms of being able to read and right but at heart we are still living in 18th century. Sorry if I hurt anyone but Indians and Pakistanis are hell bent in making sure we never progress. Look at your comments dude. If even our good gestures are treated like this ( Both sides are guilty) we have no chance of peace. This is where west is so good, they say thanks and also appreciate any goodwill gesture. We are only cultured for name but in practice highly uncivilized. Sorry once again.

this article should not have made into the news at all, this is just some buying and selling of commodities. TOI needs some Pakistan oriented news to fill its pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom