What's new

Pakistan pilots get bravery award

Just making an addition; we should never forget the sacrifices of our armed forces in '65 & '71.

Dude,

What can I say, you are really a small person.

Now hear this; Everyone in thread gave their respects to those pilots. The whole point of your post above was to incite, I dont how to will, but anyways that was your point.

Every Pakistani how might have killed Indian but as pakistani soldier in War will have my deserve respect. they might be my enemy, but they deserve respect neverthless. That concept my friend is alien to you.

For every Pakistani pilot of 65 and 71 who died and did good job for the Pakistani Airforce, Here is my Respects.

Dude,

Now hear this; Everyone in thread gave their respects to those pilots. The whole point of your post above was to incite, I dont how to will, but anyways that was your point.

Every Pakistani how might have killed Indian but as pakistani soldier in War will have my deserve respect. they might be my enemy, but they deserve respect neverthless. That concept my friend is alien to you.

For every Pakistani pilot of 65 and 71 who died and did good job for the Pakistani Airforce, Here is my Respects.

I just added the comment; I dont see anything wrong with it? you are reading it too deep.
My main point was that anyone who fought to defend Pakistan deserves my respect.

I just added the comment; I dont see anything wrong with it? you are reading it too deep.
My main point was that anyone who fought to defend Pakistan deserves my respect.

well if i did my apologizes, again i didnt see any point of your comment on this thread, other than a sugar coated flame bait, you are using dead soldier and those alive to create a fight. if true pathetic

well if i did my apologizes, again i didnt see any point of your comment on this thread, other than a sugar coated flame bait, you are using dead soldier and those alive to create a fight. if true pathetic

you are conjuring it from the thin air

Good job by the PAF Pilots. May they bring more awards and accolades for Pakistan.

Just a minor correction, the two pilots are from PAA (Pakistan Army Aviation) and PAA is responsible for most of the high altitude flying in the Northern Areas. BBC mistakenly assumed the pilots were from PAF.

Dude,

Agreed. Lets not turn things into this same old, tiring Pakistan vs. India one-upmanship please. Sometimes lets just be grateful for the brave men who serve each of the two countries.:cheers:

Will these guys who are rescued , or the countries they come from pay for the services rendered? Do these companies pay for the fuel, flying hours etc?

Will these guys who are rescued , or the countries they come from pay for the services rendered? Do these companies pay for the fuel, flying hours etc?

Venkat,

I guess an expedition team pays in case there is a rescue required as part of the contract signed before expedition.

check this...

Even though Tomaž tried to avoid it, the expedition had to pay 6.000 dollars just in case if Tomaž was going to need rescuing with a helicopter. The fee had to be paid, even though the contract clearly states the helicopter rescues only to the altitude of 5.000 meters, or maybe 5.500. And above this Pakistan doesn't even have pilots that would be trained to rescue from the wall - or a mountain rescue service for that matter - but have to land the helicopter - which won't realy help Tomaž even if he would be in the altitude boundaries.
Toma¾ Humar

So according to Contract they paid for helicopter Rescue services like others, but I am assuming that GoP waivered off the charges as a good will gesture. Not only that they were showered with Gifts from Mr Musharraff and Pakistan.

Toma¾ Humar
The above website is of Tomaz Humar who was rescued.

If you see in the quotes where they mentioned that Pakistan does not have the pilots for a rescue like that and still the Army Pilots in their Lama's were the real Heroes !!!

Indeed this was One Great Rescue !!! :tup:

Thanks Sam, that makes sense.

I would not want india to subsidize the rescue missions of western mountaineers - each hour of flying is very expensive going into half a lakh per hour for maint alone. I would assume no pakistani would want to give out freebee rescue missions either.

If the expeditions pay for it - I am fine!

The two Army pilots who participated in rescue, belonged to Elite Army Squadron, responsible for such type of SAR missions in Siachen. For them, it is just a routine mission flying, as they have done it in war zone.

The full account of the rescue are present in Reader's Digest, i cant recall the volume no....

Lama is a highly capable machine, meant for such types of high altitude flying. During Siachen Glacier operation in April 1987, this helicopter successfully dropped several men (one by one), over a mountain top at the height of 22,000 feet, overlooking Indian positions.

Venkat,

When your nation is on prime time news around the world and the issue is resuce for a life and death related situation, you don't ask " have you paid your $6000 fee"---you don't look for pea nuts---world wide attention is thousands of times worth than the minimal cash involved. It becomes a humanitarian issue. The helicopters are flying above their max limits---so if something goes wrong a chopper and a minimal of two lives will be lost.

So, when the time comes for you to be the prime minister of india, please keep that in mind---humanitarian casues come without upfront payment in mind.

Here is the Reader's Digest article on the rescue by the PAA pilots:
Courage

Maj Khalid Rana (now Lt Col) and Lt Col Rashidullah Baig were the pilots.

Back
Top Bottom