What's new

Pakistan offers all assistance to Iranians hit by floods

Baby Leone

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday expressed sympathies with the people of Iran hit by unprecedented floods and said his government was ready to provide all possible humanitarian assistance to them.

“Our prayers go to the people of Iran as they deal with unprecedented flooding. We stand ready to provide any humanitarian assistance required,” he said in a tweet.

Reports in the Iranian media said at least 70 people had been killed by the floods that hit northern, western and south-western Iran after record rainfalls began saturating parts of the country last month.

Deaths have been recorded across 13 provinces of the country, with the highest tolls reported in Fars, Lorestan, Golestan and Hameda, according to the state-run media.

Reports said that record rainfalls since March 19 had so far flooded about 1,900 cities and villages across the country, causing damage worth hundreds of millions of dollars to water and agriculture infrastructures.

Over 140 rivers had burst their banks and some 409 landslides had been reported in the country. A total of 78 roads had been blocked and 84 bridges in flood-stricken areas badly affected.

Published in Dawn, April 8th, 2019

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday expressed sympathies with the people of Iran hit by unprecedented floods and said his government was ready to provide all possible humanitarian assistance to them.

“Our prayers go to the people of Iran as they deal with unprecedented flooding. We stand ready to provide any humanitarian assistance required,” he said in a tweet.

Reports in the Iranian media said at least 70 people had been killed by the floods that hit northern, western and south-western Iran after record rainfalls began saturating parts of the country last month.

Deaths have been recorded across 13 provinces of the country, with the highest tolls reported in Fars, Lorestan, Golestan and Hameda, according to the state-run media.

Reports said that record rainfalls since March 19 had so far flooded about 1,900 cities and villages across the country, causing damage worth hundreds of millions of dollars to water and agriculture infrastructures.

Over 140 rivers had burst their banks and some 409 landslides had been reported in the country. A total of 78 roads had been blocked and 84 bridges in flood-stricken areas badly affected.

Published in Dawn, April 8th, 2019
Whaat ??? I mean what the hell , thar people are starving and IK is offering aid to iran , i am not saying that its bad but first we should solve our our problems ... its our biggest problem that we don't see our own issues and start sympathizing with our so called brothers who have threatened to attack us multiple times

Whaat ??? I mean what the hell , thar people are starving and IK is offering aid to iran , i am not saying that its bad but first we should solve our our problems ... its our biggest problem that we don't see our own issues and start sympathizing with our so called brothers who have threatened to attack us multiple times
this is called humanity and the way Pakistanis live.....we eat less but we care for others this is what we call Pakistanism.

both things go hand in hand. we can feed our people, and offer aid. but if the federal govt starts feeding people in thar, then ppp is going to protest this gross interference by the center.

also, what their govt did, or is doing, must not stop us from developing ties with their people.

Last edited:
Yeah but at the end of the day , you can eat Pakistanism ...
what ever you call it but this is our culture to help others, furthermore Thar doesnt comes in the domain of fed govt it comes under Sindh govt which is busy in looting every thing for the last one decade and more.

hope this will be their last tenure in Sindh.

If support is required and we have the capacity to help, we certainly should. Iran is our neighbour.

Even though I support Pakistan's gesture, sadly, you wont see much appreciation from Mullah regime and their fanboys for such friendly gestures.

They are only good at hurling empty threats.

Even though I support Pakistan's gesture, sadly, you wont see much appreciation from Mullah regime and their fanboys for such friendly gestures. They are only good at hurling empty threats.
The desire to help Iranian civilians is cool and praiseworthy on Pakistan's part. There may be a problem, though, if Pakistan is waiting, as PMIK's tweet implies, for Iran to request aid from Pakistan first, as there are really two parallel Iranian governments involved, one pro-aid, the other against it: link

It's important for Pakistan to stamp our moral stance on Regional issues
Helping our neighbor is a great gesture , mashallah

5ca95dbbcff0e.jpg

B207ADD5-6081-48BF-A26A-9AD5B8BAFF01_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Much needed aid for Iran suffering due to such aweful floods , hope the people have time to recover from such a massive humanitarian crisis

Quite saddened by the loss of property and life
It is our duty to help our neighbors

s_636466837454351325_Pakistan_is_the_only_country_from_where_Iran_has_accepted_post_earthquake_aid.jpg

Well done Pakistan , well Done

n83268531-72946092.jpg

Some help arriving also from Kuwait
n83268324-72945788.jpg

cli1554618989.jpg

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/143708/Turkish-Red-Crescent-dispatches-help-to-flood-hit-areas-in-Iran
Aid from Turkey
The aid includes 320 tents, 500 beds, 100 personal care kits, 1,625 blankets and 60 stoves.
3087652.jpg

I second this. Pakistan's own citizens and small infants in Singh are dying due to malnutrition and lack of medical help. And here we are helping a foreign hostile country purely for 'diplomatic reasons' and to score some points. IK needs to get his GPS right since it is pointing in the opposite direction.

Back
Top Bottom