What's new

Pakistan now part of cricket's 'Big Four': PCB

Bouncer

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistan now have the opportunity to have a major say in the affairs of international cricket after securing considerable concessions from the 'Big Three' India, Australia and England in the backdrop of the ICC's Annual Conference in Melbourne, Australia, DawnNews reported.

Pakistan will now receive the most in terms of percentage of revenue after the Big Three, from the ICC in the next eight years from broadcasting and other rights on ICC fixtures, effectively now making them part of a 'Big Four', the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said in a press release.

According to the PCB, India has officially turned the MoUs signed earlier this year with regard to six series between the two nations, four of these to be hosted by the PCB in the UAE or Pakistan with mutual consent, into binding agreements straightaway. The six tours are now part of the Future Tours Programme and are to be played from 2015 to 2023.

Another major 'achievement', as the PCB puts it, is ICC confirming that the president of the global body will be from Pakistan with effect from June 2015.

Sources say the agreements have been made possible because of Pakistan's non-opposition to India's N Srinivasan being elected as the new chairman of the ICC.

Also read: Sethi reveals India's 'Big Four' proposal

“The PCB had organized itself and planned to get maximum advantage for Pakistan cricket from an extremely precarious position. We have accomplished all our objectives. And I am positive that in the times to come Pakistan Cricket shall greatly benefit from what PCB has been able to obtain for it today,” said PCB chairman Najam Sethi from Melbourne.

//
Can anyone with better knowledge of cricket politics explain this situation? Its Najam Sethi's face and I just don't trust it.

PCB says Pakistan given ‘Big-4′ status by ICC

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has said that it has been given the ‘Big-4’ status by the International Cricket Council, ARY News reported Thursday.

The PCB claimed that it would receive 15% of the revenue from the international cricket body for two years. Pakistan will get the most benefits after Australia, India and England, the ‘Big-3’ trio of the cricket world, claimed the PCB in its statement today.

Sources said the ‘Big-4’ country will be appointed under annual rotation policy, while Pakistan has been selected as its first member.

It also said India had given guarantee for bilateral series to Pakistan.

The PBC said Pak-Ind series will be played from 2015 to 2023. Four series will be hosted by Pakistan and two by India, added the statement.

PCB says Pakistan given ‘Big-4′ status by ICC | ARY NEWS

Pakistan granted Big4 status, to get most revenue after Big3 boards of cricket - 26th June 2014

Pakistan gets representation in ICC Executive Committee

KARACHI: Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Najam Sethi was elected on the newly-formed, all powerful International Cricket Council Executive Committee (ExCo) in Melbourne (Australia), said a PCB media release.

“The ExCo comprises five members with representations from India, England and Australia besides two others with Pakistan being elected as the fourth and the West Indies as the fifth member of the committee,” PCB statement said.

The ExCo will have a number of committees reporting to it and will deal with important matters like constitution, anti-corruption, ethics, integrity, development and HR. This will be the core committee of ICC which will meet with as much frequency as required to assist and advise the ICC Board on operational, management and administrative activities of ICC.

“Last year, on request from Najam Sethi and subsequent advice from a Queen's Counsel in the United Kingdom sought by the PCB on Mohammad Amir's ban, the ICC had agreed to form a committee to review its Anti-Corruption Code as under the existing code there were no provisions for early entry into cricket of a banned player,” it added.

“The work on the drafting of the new ICC Anti-Corruption Code has substantially progressed with a draft clause inserted into the Code permitting a banned player to be involved in domestic matches prior to the end of his ban period,” he said.

“The Anti-Corruption Code will now be placed before the Board for approval soon after which the PCB will be in the position to make an application for Mohammad Amir,” PCB statement said.

Sethi on this occasion said, “Clearly this is some great news for the people of Pakistan. Our representation on the ExCo would ensure that Pakistan remains involved in the important decision-making concerning the game of cricket.”

“It also reflects that Pakistan now holds an important and undisputed position within the top echelon of the cricketing fraternity. The progress on ICC amendments in ICC's Anti Corruption Code is also very encouraging and is yet another step closer to the early entry of Mohammad Amir in cricket,” it concluded.

Pakistan gets representation in ICC Executive Committee - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Only PCB, or if I may be little more specific, only Najam Sethi so far is claiming this. We have nothing from ICC about this as of yet. Am I right?

As long as the ICC gets money and loads of money Pakistan will be part of BIG 4.

Personally Pakistan should not be part of the the current BIG 3 setup or join as BIG 4, it is against the true spirit of one the most beautiful game called Cricket. It shows dictatorial attitude. PCB should stay away from...period/

As long as the ICC gets money and loads of money Pakistan will be part of BIG 4.

Personally Pakistan should not be part of the the current BIG 3 setup or join as BIG 4, it is against the true spirit of one the most beautiful game called Cricket. It shows dictatorial attitude. PCB should stay away from...period/
They cant. They wont. They should, and did accepted to everything. PERIOD

Its just like U.N..Pakistan is not a permanent member whereas India,Australia and England are the permanent members.After two years the BIG 3 wll decide which country will get non permanent seat,that is Pakistan will have to give its position after two years.

I thought according to the new set up, only big 3 will get to be the president of ICC????

Pakistan should not be part of this crap corrupt BIG 3 to become BIG 4...period.

Pakistan Cricket is in Doldrums because of the Corrupt Management of Najam Sethi.

Lmao....first you oppose them then become a part of it bcz they offered u a lollipop...how much full of integrity
emot-salute.gif

Only PCB, or if I may be little more specific, only Najam Sethi so far is claiming this. We have nothing from ICC about this as of yet. Am I right?
Bhai with due respect..... itna pagal bhi na hoa karo yar..... give the guy some space, just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is a liar.....

Bhai with due respect..... itna pagal bhi na hoa karo yar..... give the guy some space, just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is a liar.....

Where did I say he's a liar, or you just smeared yourself? :blink:

All I said, is what I was aware of at that day. I searched it everywhere and wasn't able to find anything from ICC, only PCB officials (Najam Sethi himself in-fact) was claiming this at that time. After that I stopped following this news. Why don't you correct/update me if I'm wrong on this, with due respect?

Back
Top Bottom