What's new

Pakistan Nisar denies kidnapped Iranian guards ever on Pakistani soil

Shabaz Sharif

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5368e92f276bd.jpg

Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli (L) speaks as his Pakistani counterpart Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan looks on during a joint press conference in Islamabad. -AFP Photo

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tuesday strongly denied that kidnapped Iranian border guards were ever on its soil, amid fresh efforts to improve fractured ties before Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's visit to Tehran.

Pakistani Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan denied the abducted men had ever crossed the border.

“Let me reiterate very categorically that those five Iranian guards were never ever present in Pakistan,” he said.

“So the question of fifth one being in Pakistan is out of question.”

Khan was speaking at a joint press conference in Islamabad with his Iranian counterpart, Abdolereza Rahmani Fazli.

Fazli arrived in Islamabad Sunday on an official visit ahead of Sharif's two-day trip to Tehran which begins on Sunday.

Fazli, who in March issued a veiled warning to Pakistan over the abduction, said Tehran had given Islamabad “images and documentation regarding terrorist activities” of the group involved.

The two sides have agreed to set up a hotline between Pakistan's paramilitary Frontier Corps and Iran's Border Security Force, Khan said.

Relations between the neighbours hit a low following the kidnapping by Sunni extremists of five Iranian border guards from Iran's Sistan-Baluchestan province, which adjoins Pakistan, in February.

Four of the soldiers were eventually freed and returned home in April. Officials say the fate of the fifth soldier is unknown but he is assumed to have been killed.

Nisar denies kidnapped Iranian guards ever on Pakistani soil - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

lol @ these guys

I hate the mullahs more than anything in the world, you all know that. But I'll take 100000000000000000000000 mullahs over whatever they have over there, that is if they've got a govt at all. Half the country is the Wild West Pathan style, the other half is a Sunday auction and every arab monarch and dictator is invited.

There are more suicide bombings and terrorist crimes inside pakistani soil than there's in Iraq. You guys are more delusional than our mullah supporters.

1387475974.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

lol @ these guys

I hate the mullahs more than anything in the world, you all know that. But I'll take 100000000000000000000000 mullahs over whatever they have over there, that is if they've got a govt at all. Half the country is the Wild West Pathan style, the other half is a Sunday auction and every arab monarch and dictator is invited.

There are more suicide bombings and terrorist crimes inside pakistani soil than there's in Iraq. You guys are more delusional than our mullah supporters.

1387475974.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

LOL ! Gold dadash ! well said

Back
Top Bottom