What's new

Pakistan Navy sending observers to largest anti-mine naval exercise 'IMCMEX

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
cg7vq6mgauyvsbw6pww2.png

Zaki Khalid | TX Desk

LAHORE: Pakistan Navy will be sending a panel of observers to attend the ongoing International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX) 2012 which kicked off on September 16 in which maritime forces and observers from more than 30 countries will be participating including the US, Britain, France, Jordan.

"Though navy officials will not be participating in any operational exercises, a team of observers will be sent to witness the massive simulations", said sources on condition of anonymity while speaking to this scribe.

The number of officials being sent was not disclosed.

cg7vq6mgauyvsbw6pww2.png

Zaki Khalid | TX Desk

LAHORE: Pakistan Navy will be sending a panel of observers to attend the ongoing International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX) 2012 which kicked off on September 16 in which maritime forces and observers from more than 30 countries will be participating including the US, Britain, France, Jordan.

"Though navy officials will not be participating in any operational exercises, a team of observers will be sent to witness the massive simulations", said sources on condition of anonymity while speaking to this scribe.

The number of officials being sent was not disclosed.

If PN had been developing Equipment with Chinese then it would be great to sell our two tankers and 3 Mine Hunters to BD with Upgrades from France and get 11 new Mine Hunters.

Awsome news the more you learn the more better it is .. practice makes perfect good for PN :pakistan:

Very Good news for Pak naval forces and congratulation all the naval team for great achievement.... and have good practice.:pakistan:

What's wrong with the current 3 MH and why 11 new MH??!!??
Would yhou honestly sacrifice the pair of AOR?

If supposed to produce a 1100 ton Mine Hunter and some 7 STUS of the same design and weight that it will have similarity as well due to huge size we can place some weapons on it which it can use it to defend itself.

If supposed to produce a 1100 ton Mine Hunter and some 7 STUS of the same design and weight that it will have similarity as well due to huge size we can place some weapons on it which it can use it to defend itself.

What mine threat!? Why invest in 11 MH in the absense of a threat (at least one that 3 MH can't counter). |If needed, PN might pick up a few additional MH of the current type if/when retired by France, Netherlands and/or Belgium, and refit them.

What mine threat!? Why invest in 11 MH in the absense of a threat (at least one that 3 MH can't counter). |If needed, PN might pick up a few additional MH of the current type if/when retired by France, Netherlands and/or Belgium, and refit them.

No more picking up... We can and we will INSHA ALLAH by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH will going to build the new equipment on our own.
I think we need to design the small gun and patrol boats, landing crafts, 1100 ton STUS and 1100 ton Mine Hunters that have self defence capability at home. Along with a JV with French or Germans on SSKs and Small SSKs like Andrasta to field them in near future:
Our Submarine fleet should be like:
21 SSKs like U-216s
15 SSKs like Andrasta

No more picking up... We can and we will INSHA ALLAH by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH will going to build the new equipment on our own.
I think we need to design the small gun and patrol boats, landing crafts, 1100 ton STUS and 1100 ton Mine Hunters that have self defence capability at home. Along with a JV with French or Germans on SSKs and Small SSKs like Andrasta to field them in near future:
Our Submarine fleet should be like:
21 SSKs like U-216s
15 SSKs like Andrasta
Build or buy, makes no difference, you've still not addressed the question about WHAT MINE THREAT to warrent 11 MH...

Defence spending is based on perceived threats, not 'think this would be cool' wish lists.

As far as I know from reliable sources, PN has sent some Fleet units to participate in the exercise. So it would be more practical learning....... PN is currently not focusing on MH procurement, anyways, its too costly an affair w/out much addition to your strike capabiity

TCG Gokceada is on duty at the moment in this exercise :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom