What's new

Pakistan National Guards

The King Hamza

New Recruit

Reaction score
The Pakistan National guards is the Primary force of Pakistan Paramilitary Forces.
It is commanded by a L.General.
They are mostly seen on border gates like the one on Wagha border.
They have the same structure as Pak Army.
The 185,000-member National
Guard, is a paramilitary force
comprising the Janbaz Force, a
locally recruited militia mainly
charged with air defense, and
two programs similar to the
United States Reserve Officers
Training Corps, the National
Cadet Corps and the Women's
Guard.
The Women's Guard, unlike the
National Cadet Corps, included
individuals trained in nursing,
welfare, and clerical work.
There were also some women
in the Janbaz Force, and a very
small number of women were
recruited into the regular
service in limited numbers to
perform medical and
educational work. The National
Cadet Corps was disbanded a
14 years ago.
Correct me If I'm Wrong

I don't undestand the purpose of keeping themseperate from regular army. In my opinion for better coordination and effectiveness all paramillitary forces should be merged with PA.

The Pakistan National guards is the Primary force of Pakistan Paramilitary Forces.
It is commanded by a L.General.
They are mostly seen on border gates like the one on Wagha border.
They have the same structure as Pak Army.
The 185,000-member National
Guard,
is a paramilitary force
comprising the Janbaz Force, a
locally recruited militia mainly
charged with air defense, and
two programs similar to the
United States Reserve Officers
Training Corps, the National
Cadet Corps and the Women's
Guard.
The Women's Guard, unlike the
National Cadet Corps, included
individuals trained in nursing,
welfare, and clerical work.
There were also some women
in the Janbaz Force, and a very
small number of women were
recruited into the regular
service in limited numbers to
perform medical and
educational work. The National
Cadet Corps was disbanded a
14 years ago.
Correct me If I'm Wrong

Paramilitary Forces
Pakistan's paramilitary forces - in the main subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior in peacetime (but to GHQ in war) - number some 100,000 and free the army and navy from most of the responsibilities of policing borders and economic zones. their officers are provided by the regular forces. the army's already severe shortage of junior officers is exacerbated by this requirement and consideration should be given to creating an officer corps solely for paramilitary elements such as the Pakistan Rangers (who police the border with India) and the Frontier Corps (responsible for the western border with Afghanistan and Iran). In war, some of the higher calibre units would provide reinforcement for the army, as formed body of troops of company or even battalion size.

The Frontier Corps consists of 14 units based in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and 13 units based in Baluchistan, with HQ based in Peshawar and Quetta.

The Pakistan Rangers HQ is in Sialkot with subordinate HQ in Sialkot, Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan. The Rangers are responsible for low level border security but can be deployed elsewhere as required by the internal security situation.

Reserves
There is an army reserve of 500,000 whose members have a triennial attendance obligation to the age of 45. Refresher training is as adequate as can be expected of a three week period, but reserve service seems popular. The 180,000 strong National Guard would be useful in guarding vulnerable points. It consists of the Mujahid Force of 60,000, organized in battalions, some with light air defence capability. the Janbaz Force of 100,000, whose members are intended to serve close to their homes; and the National Cadet Corps in universities and colleges. these elements have some value in providing poorly trained but enthusiastic reinforcements for rear area units

No! Even after merging these paramillitary forces with Army, they can still be kept in reserve. However merging with Army will result in better training and equipment, which wouldincrease the overall effectiveness of the whole millitary structure. I feel sorry for ill-trained and ill-equiped FC being pummled frequently by Taliban.

Mate than we won't be havin' reserves got it.

No! Even after merging these paramillitary forces with Army, they can still be kept in reserve. However merging with Army will result in better training and equipment, which wouldincrease the overall effectiveness of the whole millitary structure. I feel sorry for ill-trained and ill-equiped FC being pummled frequently by Taliban.
U have a point but merging Reserves will cause a problem they rather should be trained well.

i think rather than merging these paramilitary with regular army, better it would be to merge all these paramilitary unit, FC, rangers, national guards etc into one force under one command structure and troops training should be similar to the army.

That would increase the costs, it is like to have a double Army ! It only depends on costs guys everything what we are discussuing here !

Paramilitary Forces
It consists of the Mujahid Force of 60,000, organized in battalions, some with light air defence capability. [/U]

This picture was taken in 2001 in Hydrabad/Sindh notice the simple uniforms in Shalwar Kameez and the vintage Type-37mm AA Gun, I think they meet all the criteria of a "Janbaz Force" with their light air defence capability !!!!!!

F-16 Shot down Indian UAV(Israeli Searcher-II)

F-16 shot down an Indian Searcher-II UAV with AIM-9L at an altitude of 13000 ft on the night of june 07 2002 in punjab provice of pakistan
This was also confirmed by Indian Defence Ministry.

http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-Parakram-IAF-UAV-Wreckage.html

It is not known how the aircraft flew,in what pattern,how long etc.
India does not want to reveal any details about it.

The PAF Aircheif said that the Aircraft was detected mobile observation posts rather than a radar.Thats surprising!!!

Searcher-II has a range of 250km and 14hrs of endurance.
India buyed large number and variety of Israeli UAVs.

View attachment 543692

0.jpg

images

View attachment 543693

images

@Gryphon

These tan uniformed ones, no rank insignia or formation sign are Mujahid Force?

I don't undestand the purpose of keeping themseperate from regular army. In my opinion for better coordination and effectiveness all paramillitary forces should be merged with PA.
Training and logistics
No they shouldnt
Para military can be used in civilian areas army isnt trained for that..and shouldnt be deployed ..it just weakens their conventional training

Back
Top Bottom