The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Motorways Authority bans LPG and CNG cars from using routes
Web Desk On Aug 3, 2019 Last Updated Aug 3, 2019
Motorway.gif

GOJRA: Pakistan Motorways have officially banned vehicles fueled by CNG and LPG from running on roads under their jurisdiction, an official statement read, ARY News reported on Saturday.

The authorities have maintained that due to the risk accompanying CNG and LPG vehicles is the reason to ban vehicles running on the fuel types.

The Senior Superintendent (SP) Motorways said that due to the recent escalation in LPG and CNG cylinder explosions, many a precious lives have gone to waste and the step has been taken after careful deliberation to minimize the risk involved.

The SP also said that the Motorways Security is trying to ensure safety during the travel for all the passengers using the routes and hence the step was needed.

The motorway police on July 29 issued guidelines for the drivers traveling at the Karachi-Hyderabad M-9 motorway due to heavy rainfall.

The motorway police’s spokesperson has advised drivers to drive carefully while traveling at the motorway due to heavy downpour.

“Avoid over speeding at M-9 due to slippery conditions”, he continued.

The drivers have been advised to dial the 130 helpline or use Humsafar app for more information in this regard.

On the other hand, a trailer loaded with the cars met an accident at the National Highway near Mirpur Mathelo, Ghotki.

Instead of making sure the safety certificates for CNG, now bans them to use routes? I am thinking about those who invested for CNG stations on the routes and also, not everyone but almost half of travelers uses CNG along with Petrol. Let this be implemented without any thought of competency and when Motorway earns less, will be day where they will have a wake up call.

They should have yearly inspection for safety and environmental regulations in the interest of public safety.
Any law to regulate common issues in Pakistan is self defeating; since the public want to get off the hook by bribing every government office they see just so that they can cut ahead in line.

Any law to regulate common issues in Pakistan is self defeating; since the public want to get off the hook by bribing every government office they see just so that they can cut ahead in line.

Is the current GoP also corrupt?

Instead of making sure the safety certificates for CNG, now bans them to use routes? I am thinking about those who invested for CNG stations on the routes and also, not everyone but almost half of travelers uses CNG along with Petrol. Let this be implemented without any thought of competency and when Motorway earns less, will be day where they will have a wake up call.
TBH; CNG is being used less and less on private cars. There should be a total ban on using CNG cylinders for transport. We're already importing LNG and that puts pressure on our forex. The government should start looking for alternatives (hybrid car plants) so that reliance on hydrocarbons can be decreased.

beside that, I have experience with my friend once that he wanted to obtain safety certificate for the CNG installed on his vehicle. Imagine to go there, only one Point in Karachi I think, stand for hours & hours & then you have to leave your CNG Cylinder with them, pay the charges and come back after days to collect as well by standing in line for hours & hours again.

Is the current GoP also corrupt?
"Bureaucrats". Laws should be enacted to enable firing civil servants for misconduct / poor performance rather than reposting.

Possible issues of corruption in the government too; but not as cancerous as the previous years.

beside that, I have experience with my friend once that he wanted to obtain safety certificate for the CNG installed on his vehicle. Imagine to go there, only one Point in Karachi I think, stand for hours & hours & then you have to leave your CNG Cylinder with them, pay the charges and come back after days to collect as well by standing in line for hours & hours again.

You can open a Business and get it listed by GoP and exploit this.

GoP is offering Business loans.

Goodluck

That would be government mismanagement; easily corrected by using IT and new technology; would reduce corruption rates many fold. I just visited an NBP branch in Lahore and my god; they're still using files for their records.

"Bureaucrats". Laws should be enacted to enable firing civil servants for misconduct / poor performance rather than reposting.

Keep dreaming. Its a human right

That would be government mismanagement; easily corrected by using IT and new technology; would reduce corruption rates many fold. I just visited an NBP branch in Lahore and my god; they're still using files for their records.

Dara retention laws require use of paper in almost every Country.

Right to be resposted for gross misconduct rather than getting fired? That is why our bureaucracy is such a shithole.

They cannot be handed over to tribalistic xenophobic politicians.

The Country is not a Software that can be Updated by every populist politician that rolls in the chair.

Keep dreaming. Its a human right
Dara retention laws require use of paper in almost every Country.

Paper is such a waste. It should be phased out from our country within the next decade. Build data centers running on clean energy to store records. Safe and reliable, weeds out corruption issues. No wonder our country is so bankrupt. The other day at NBP a buzurgwar had to check his monthly fixed income and the clerk sifted through multiple crumbling folders to come up with his file. Imagine the bank going through a blaze and losing that record. Shithole government bank.

They cannot be handed over to tribalistic xenophobic politicians.

The Country is not a Software that can be Updated by every populist politician that rolls in the chair.

No ones requiring that. Each department should have an HR that reviews major KPI's of each civil servant according to employment rules. No one is talking of handing them over to tribalistic xenophobic politicians.

It should be run as a software though. Clean efficient code beats everything.

Back
Top Bottom