What's new

Pakistan most unsafe country for journalists - misreported

veekysingh

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan most unsafe country for journalists: Reports - Yahoo! News India
Islamabad, Oct. 2 (ANI): Journalism is turning into a deadly profession in Pakistan.

According to statistics, over 80 journalists have been killed all over Pakistan in the last decade. Of them, 35 were shot dead by target killers, 12 lost their lives in suicide bombings while eight of them were killed after being abducted. Of the 80 journalists who lost their lives between 2002 and 2012, 16 were killed in 2011 alone while another six have perished in 2012. And four of them belonged to Balochistan.

Pakistan has become the most dangerous country for journalists after Syria and Somalia. Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and as well as the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) of Pakistan are three major trouble spots for Pakistani journalists, reports The News.

According to the paper, most journalists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA usually face threats either by the Taliban militants or security forces.

Journalists in Balochistan are threatened not only by the pro-Taliban Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and Pakistani security forces but also by Baloch separatists and state-sponsored anti-separatist militant outfits, the paper said.

The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) ranked Pakistan as one of the most dangerous countries for the media in 2012, while the Paris-based Reporters Sans Frontiers (RSF) ranked Pakistan at 151 out of 179 countries in its 2012 Press Freedom Index and the Freedom House ranked Pakistan at 144 out of 197 countries in its freedom of press ranking in 2012. (ANI)

Thanks for the heads up, my eyes have been opened!
It's no surprise! With about 50,000 fatalities, I think it's pretty clear that Pakistan is unsafe for a lot of people under the given circumstances.........

Add: It's the third most dangerous, quit manipulating the text for making your thread more saucy.
Thread Reported

Thanks for the heads up, my eyes have been opened!
It's no surprise! With about 50,000 fatalities, I think it's pretty clear that Pakistan is unsafe for a lot of people under the given circumstances.........

Add: It's the third most dangerous, quit manipulating the text for making your thread more saucy.
Thread Reported

bullshit man , i didnt even changed a single word from link , i posted as it was in news , pls open the link and read yourself.

bullshit man , i didnt even changed a single word from link , i posted as it was in news , pls open the link and read yourself.

It's your responsibility. You posted this thread on your own accord and it would have been wise of you to actually read the text and revise the headline accordingly.

It's your responsibility. You posted this thread on your own accord and it would have been wise of you to actually read the text and revise the headline accordingly.

i dont think so , i just posted the news here , not on thr website , so its wrong to change it, you are free to bring them in court.

some regions are very unsafe for female foreign travellers especially during the night. A number of rape cases or attempted ones were reported in places like Goa, New Delhi and Rajasthan, although these incidents are very rare. Avoid wearing clothes that expose the body.

India is the 8th most unsafe place for women

10 most dangerous countries to travel | eMagzin | Lifestyle, Food and Drinks, Gadgets and Toys, Automobiles, People, Social Closet, Travel, Tutorials and Inspiration

This thread was obviously intended to defame Pakistan, and this post is intended to show Indian friends here that it's not that hard come up with plenty of statistics and news that show their country in a very bad image, so quit it guys or...

Great source Yahoo News & that to India :no:.

Well it will be unsafe for these corrupt bastard journalist who are not loyal to their country & have chosen to work for foreign powers who are enemy of Pakistan. There is no need to complain when they work for the enemies.

I don't care monkeys nut sack what 'Press Freedom Index' says.

According to the paper, most journalists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA usually face threats either by the Taliban militants or security forces.

Journalists in Balochistan are threatened not only by the pro-Taliban Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and Pakistani security forces but also by Baloch separatists and state-sponsored anti-separatist militant outfits, the paper said.

This is pure masala by the Hindis. There are no Taliban or LEJ in Balochistan there are only BLA & BLF in Balochistan who are spreading chaos & terror in Balochistan province with the help of US & India.

Pure Mirch Masala by the Hindis as usual.

some regions are very unsafe for female foreign travellers especially during the night. A number of rape cases or attempted ones were reported in places like Goa, New Delhi and Rajasthan, although these incidents are very rare. Avoid wearing clothes that expose the body.

India is the 8th most unsafe place for women

10 most dangerous countries to travel | eMagzin | Lifestyle, Food and Drinks, Gadgets and Toys, Automobiles, People, Social Closet, Travel, Tutorials and Inspiration

This thread was obviously intended to defame Pakistan, and this post is intended to show Indian friends here that it's not that hard come up with plenty of statistics and news that show their country in a very bad image, so quit it guys or...

and for helping them you posted a link which says pakistan is 3rd most dangerous country to visit? wow whaat a nice friend you are.

Back
Top Bottom