What's new

Pakistan media watch

Yankee-stani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Middle East’s Muslim countries have been turned into ruins for Greater Israel

Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah, head of the Tehreek-Nifaz-e-Fiqh-e-Jafariya, and patron-in-chief, Supreme Shia Ulema Board, has said that the government should explain its contact with Tel Aviv (Nawa-i-Waqt, January 8). The Muslim countries should not forget that Greater Israel’s map includes Makkah and Medina. Relations with Israel are an act of betrayal of the first qibla. They amount to giving way to Zionist forces to Hamrain Sharifain, i.e., holy places in Makkah and Medina. Zionist’s hand in the drama of 9/11 and the subsequent murder and mayhem in the whole word and atrocities against Kashmiris are not hidden. For the establishment of Greater Israel, Muslim countries of the Middle East have been turned into ruins. At the behest of their forces interference is being done in in Yemen, Bahrain, Qatar and Iraq.

If you expose sinister conspiracies against Pakistan, you will be buried alive

Tariq Ismail Sagar wrote in Jehan-i-Pakistan (January 3) that Dr. Shahid Masood’s exposé about Zainab murder case was not a figment of his imagination. This was the truth. People who speak such truth have to pay a price. I am a victim of this secret conspiracy. That’s why I am writing in his favor. In this country you can badmouth the military, judiciary, executive, politics and religion with impunity. But if you write or speak about sinister conspiracies against Pakistan, you will be buried alive. Interestingly, you will not be able to know your enemy.

Pakistan’s population is growing at the annual rate of 2.4 percent, which is more than other country in the region. This rate is 1.13 percent in India, 1.2 percent in Iran, 1.1 percent in Sri Lanka and just 1 percent in Bangladesh

It is worth mentioning that on March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court had banned Shahid Masood’s TV show for three months and he tendered an unconditional apology, expressing remorse and repentance over whatever he had said in the impugned program.

Radio Pakistan employee who was declared a fifth columnist on trumped up allegations

Reminisced about December 1971, Amar Jalil narrated the story of a Bengali friend and colleague Aneesur Rahman (Jang, January 8). He was in charge of monitoring at Radio Pakistan’s Karachi office. Once during the night, sirens sounded the whole broadcasting house plunged into darkness. Suddenly, I heard a commotion from a nearby lawn. Night watchmen and guards dragged someone to the road and handed him over to the police. Upon my inquiry, I learned that he was none other than Aneesur Rahman. He was a writer and a poet. He was a pure-hearted and sociable person. He was accused of providing a signal to Indian jets with a flashlight. It was a stupid allegation. Radio Pakistan’s building was surrounded by tall and buildings and think trees. Fighter jets fly at lighting speed. A few years later, he spotted me in an Islamabad shop. He informed me that he was a cultural attaché at the Bangladeshi embassy. “He came to his homeland after becoming a foreigner.”

Pakistan’s birth rate is the highest in the region

Ishtiaq Baig, a well-known industrialist and a columnist, says that UNICEF’s report on population is a cause for concern for every Pakistani (Jang, January 9). According to this report, 395,072 children were born on January 1 in the whole world. Four percent of these children, i.e., 15,000 were born in Pakistan. Only 11,000 children were born in Indonesia, which is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Its population is 260 million. (According World Meters, on January 9, 2019, Indonesia’s population was over 268 million.) Pakistan’s population is growing at the annual rate of 2.4 percent, which is more than other country in the region. This rate is 1.13 percent in India, 1.2 percent in Iran, 1.1 percent in Sri Lanka and just 1 percent in Bangladesh.

Altaf Hasan Qureshi’s book is superior to Fallaci’s Interview with History

Praising Altaf Hasan Qureshi’s book, Mulaqatain Kaya Kaya, which is a collection of his interviews, Hafeezullah Niazi declared it superior to Interview with History by Oriana Fallaci (pronounced fallachi). This book testifies to his ability, capacity and scholarship. Without reading it, you cannot grasp the intricacies and darkness of Islamic and Pakistani politics. Both personalities interviews have been recognized at the international level. I honestly feel that Altaf Sahib’s interviews are a cut above Oriana’s. Interestingly enough, Mr. Niazi is Prime Minister Imran Khan’s brother-in-law, but is a critic of his politics.

The writer studied international relations at Quaid-i-Azam University and media at the London School of Economics. He has worked for several English-language newspapers

Back
Top Bottom