What's new

Pakistan may boycott Chicago summit & keep NATO Supply closed over Drones

Nobody says "NO" to Uncle Sam.

But last time Pakistan did close the NATO supply line. This is now a clear mockery of Pakistani state as US just doesnt give a sh$t about Pakistan's sovereignty.....but I alos think that it will be again a temporary closure...US will convince them again with the promise of keeping Pakistan's sovereignty in mind, and the drone strikes will continue.

** edited

But last time Pakistan did close the NATO supply line for sometime. I feel they will do it again. This is now a clear mockery of Pakistani state as US just doesnt give a sh$t about Pakistan's sovereignty.....but I alos think that it will be again a temporary closure...US will convince them again with the promise of keeping Pakistan's sovereignty in mind, and the drone strikes will continue.

Something is in the offing I believe with the US yesterday openly saying that drone strikes are legal, the summoning of a US official to the foreign office, and the speech by COAS yesterday at GHQ. Allthough things are being keyawayfrom the public eye because of the judiciary-executive tussle going on right now

But last time Pakistan did close the NATO supply line for sometime. I feel they will do it again. This is now a clear mockery of Pakistani state as US just doesnt give a sh$t about Pakistan's sovereignty.....but I alos think that it will be again a temporary closure...US will convince them again with the promise of keeping Pakistan's sovereignty in mind, and the drone strikes will continue.

Exactly, Pakistan stops NATO supply routes to pacify the public and after a period of time they go back to the American line.

Uncle Sam gets what it wants (even with some delays), really making a joke of their allies in the process.

Nobody says "NO" to Uncle Sam.

Only in Pakistani politics, only in Pakistani politics. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea have been saying no to the US for the last couple of decades.

Exactly, Pakistan stops NATO supply routes to pacify the public and after a period of time they go back to the American line.

Uncle Sam gets what it wants (even with some delays), really making a joke of their allies in the process.

It is because the PPP and PML leaders are regularly bribed by uncle sam.

Last time? which last time? After Salala attack, nato ground supply route hasnt been reopened since....its still blocked since Salala attack...and this article also says...tht any progress on resumption of supply routes will not be expected now...due to this drone strike

You are missing a point here ... Pakistan stopped NATO supplies on US attacking Army posts, not on drones...
The day we get this GOV. out we will stop these terrorist drones ..

Mirza Jatt , i think you need to read news more often , Pakistan didnt re-open any of the NATO supplies yet...
and i dont think anyone now can open it, its a political pressure now.

It's just an on off switch the US just óperates it at its own wish.

you dont protest the drone strikes,you bring one down

the protest says all about the desperation of pakistani govt

It's just an on off switch the US just óperates it at its own wish.

Now that is a joke.....it's not difficult to calculate that after the attack on the PA post, how many US officials have landed in Islamabad while hardly any noteworthy official from Pakistan visited Washington.

Last time? which last time? After Salala attack, nato ground supply route hasnt been reopened since....its still blocked since Salala attack...and this article also says...tht any progress on resumption of supply routes will not be expected now...due to this drone strike
That was before Salala attack incident. It was another incident in which they attacked pakistan post and one Army major and some jawans were killed like year and half ago before Raymond Davis incident....:smokin:

These people boycott purposely because they are afraid to get into verbal argument with the world leaders at such summits. If it was Musharraf he was able to own these guys. Can you imagine Gilani arguing?

The other issue is the Ex-Con PM has no legitimacy in Pakistan and has no moral grounds, he knows he won't be able to stand his ground there.

But avoiding such contact is no solution either, for it merely postpones the increasingly painful decisions that must be made.

Now that is a joke.....it's not difficult to calculate that after the attack on the PA post, how many US officials have landed in Islamabad while hardly any noteworthy official from Pakistan visited Washington.

That calculation may also be indicative of the failure of the Pakistani leadership to tackle the challenges that befall them.

Oh Excellent news...let the Nato supply route be torpedoed Hundred times.....:coffee::pakistan:

Have you considered the possibility that the NATO supply routes may not be as important as Pakistan thinks they are?

That was before Salala attack incident. It was another incident in which they attacked pakistan post and one Army major and some jawans were killed like year and half ago before Raymond Davis incident....:smokin:

There have been such friendly-fire incidents in most wars, and efforts must be continuous to reduce the likelihood of such accidents as much as is possible. Same here.

The thread title and a fact is not true here.

Pakistan is not boycotting of closing the supplies due to drone attacks. This is in response to the brutal murder of our troops by USAF/NATO forces who intentionally fought with gunship helicopters and fighter jets, against 26 men fighting till last breath, for hours.

Let them feel the heat.

Only in Pakistani politics, only in Pakistani politics. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea have been saying no to the US for the last couple of decades.

It is because the PPP and PML leaders are regularly bribed by uncle sam.

Venezuela and iran have oil to offset any sanctions. Cuba and North Korea are a mess.

Back
Top Bottom