What's new

Pakistan looks to import 1000 MW from Iran on Fast track Project

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Govt to pursue quick import of 1000 MW electricity from Iran: PM
ISLAMABAD, Jul 23 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani on Friday said his government would positively pursue early finalization of feasibility study for import of 1000 MW electricity from Iran to undertake this project as soon as possible. The Prime Minister said he would call the meeting of all the relevant departments on this project to assure that the project is fast-tracked.

He vowed to also personally supervise expeditious implementation of projects like refurbishment of Railway line from Quetta to Taftan and Dalbandin-Noshki road construction with the assistance of Government of Iran.
The Prime Minister was talking to Pakistan’s Ambassador to Iran M.B. Abbasi, who called on him here at the Prime Minister Secretariat on Friday.
The Prime Minister urged the Ambassador to take initiatives for providing improved logistic facilities to Pakistani ‘Zaireen’ visiting the sacred places in Iran.
He also issued instructions that sheds for the ‘Zaireen’ be constructed at the designated sites at Taftan border.
The Prime Minister also directed the Ambassador to redouble his efforts for creating better understanding between the two countries on issues of mutual concerns.
He hoped that during the forthcoming visit of the Iranian Foreign Minister to attend the next session of Joint Ministerial Commission, both sides will take account of whole gamut of bilateral relations and find new avenues of cooperation in their multi-dimensional relationship.
The Prime Minister assured the Ambassador of full support to his any proposal towards that end.

Pakistan to pursue quick import of 1000 MW electricity from Iran: PM

We have been hearing this for quite a few years but nothing has been done. Same is true for 1000 MW import from Tajikistan which was announced few years ago. I will only believe once the project is completed and electricity flows into Pakistan.

On right track

a) Gas
b) Import Electricty
c) Coal
d) Solar initiative

Good initiatives

Recently Pakistani Gov is also looking to buy a stake in BP's pakistani assets

Give us our Electricity, you corrupt b*****d Zardari. Fed up with the power cuts, This is Karachi not Kabul for f*** sake.

Give us our Electricity, you corrupt b*****d Zardari. Fed up with the power cuts, This is Karachi not Kabul for f*** sake.

The infrastructure projects takes time to complete. If we start building power transmission to import electricity from Iran starting tomorrow morning it may take at least year or two to complete. Musharraf did not do much neither has Zardari and now we have at least 5,000 MW shortage.

The infrastructure projects that are under way

Coal Energy Projects
Iran Gas Project (2-3 years)
Iran Electricity Import (likely 2-4 years)
Various Gas driven (power plants tied in to iran gas line)
**Talk of Future pipeline from Turkamanistan
The recent China, Pakistan Road & Railway projects

Are step in right direction - The energy crisis will be eradicated by 2014 which is short period

What we ppl should do is

1) Pay taxes fully
2) Help catch electricity stealers by calling in WAPDA.
3) Reduce population size by 20-30%

Karachi is extreme due to its population size - but ppl in the city have money they should look into solar energy as alternative

1) Pay taxes fully

1) Buhahaha
2) KESC has spent millions on "report a thief" campaign. People never report this. One guy wrote to Dawn about his neighbour having 4 different meters on a single house to get cheap rates. He of course, didn't name him.
3) I wish so.

1) Buhahaha
2) KESC has spent millions on "report a thief" campaign. People never report this. One guy wrote to Dawn about his neighbour having 4 different meters on a single house to get cheap rates. He of course, didn't name him.
3) I wish so.

That is our problem, usually if we find a person stealing electricity, some one despite being an employee of gov. department working outside(usually labors), or some one using bribes or influence.

We usually praise their over smartness and envy them if in case we are unable to do so.
I know its responsibility of gov. to control crimes of all kinds, but this doesn't mean that we are sent on this planet just as a challenge to our government, where is the part of our responsibility!!!!

This is the so called poor common manwho has screwed up everything, we just don't let it happen but also we encourage and envy such culprits!!!

we also have 100MW project for Gawadar................
@topic

good to hear that. I will be more than pleased to see electricity supply before 2015 as projected before

Last edited:
1) Pay taxes fully

1) when people pay more tax than Zardari and Sharif, i believe than people are over taxed.
2) Electricity theft increas by default when ever PPP or Sharif govt. take over. Sharif use to be the biggest electricity theif in Lahore in 90's.
Today.. it is ministers of PPP and their families enjoying the rule.
3) Educate the girls.

Any how it's a good move but if US allow it than it means US is in full mode to support PPP for next elections.

3) Educate the girls.

:woot: :flame::flame::flame:

how disgusting, you are blaming girls in male-dominated country Pakistan :angry:

Educate both genders equally and more likely MENS because 95% its mens fault who rather than working outside busy making love with their women :angry:

Its sad to read such comments from a Senior Member, i would request to edit your post otherwise everybody will start bashing at your senseless post

PS: If you edited your post before i go to bed, i will also delete mine :P

Any how it's a good move but if US allow it than it means US is in full mode to support PPP for next elections.

1) If this project did not go ahead, US pressured PPP and they are USA's puppets?
2) If this projtect did go ahead, US supporting PPP? and take the credit away from PPP?

In either cases, you will not praise PPP right? whether they do good or bad for the country, you are only going to insult them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom