What's new

PAKISTAN INTEGRATES JF-17 WITH STAND-OFF RANGE WEAPON (GIDS REK)

sir i have a question. K-8P have 4 hardpoint's under it's wings. each wing can carry 250 kg's load. a single M-81 dumb bomb weigh 119 while adding this Range extension kit it will become 170 kg's. From this seem's that a K-8P "Physically" is able to carry 4 Guided M-81 bomb's.

But is it feasible when we talk in broader context ? both economically and technologically ? Coz if it is, it will be huge boost for forces on our western border. we can save decent amount of money in form of very low operational cost.

4x (119+50)= 680 kg
Remaining 320 kg for 23 mm cannon Pod and rounds under fuselage.

Also, can we guess the price tag of this REK for M-81 or M-82 bomb's ?
If the K-8's hardpoints can take the REK-equipped with MK-81, yes, but I don't think the PAF will be using many MK-81s with the REK. This is probably reserved for MK-82 and MK-83 as stand-off strike (for across the border) is generally reserved for heavyweight warheads. I don't know about cost.

If the K-8's hardpoints can take the REK-equipped with MK-81, yes, but I don't think the PAF will be using many MK-81s with the REK. This is probably reserved for MK-82 and MK-83 as stand-off strike (for across the border) is generally reserved for heavyweight warheads. I don't know about cost.

Thank You.

capture image.png

Check the weapons under the wings.
@Taimoor Khan @JamD

C6UjSlUWcAAWGbm.jpg:large

OK. Let's put 2 and 2 together. The display says 3 aircraft have been 'overhauled'. We know 3 Block 3s are flying around. The nose cone here looks extremely conical vs nose cone on earlier models which looks roundish at the top:

upload_2017-3-19_15-29-59.png

Is this really what I think it is????????????????????

Now if only PAF can release some footage of REK equipped bombs in action, that would be awesome

@HRK

Mate help me understand, how is this "pin-point accuracy" ? If bomb was to his thar target labelled "3", then it is above the target, fine but it may miss hitting it. So how should we interpret this pin-point accuracy?

bhai that was just a BANNER made up of cloth sheet & I don't think you were expecting the thin sheet to be attacked from the 'top' ....

secondly during practice run/ fire demonstration bombs are dropped at target mounds so bhia mere use common sense that SOW attack must be directed at the target mound which you can observe just behind the banner

Back
Top Bottom