What's new

Pakistan has not asked for any aid so far: IMF

our balance of payments issue is being resolved somewhat satisfactorily....main issue is poor tax to GDP rate which is worse even by African standards.....dwindling FDI has been slightly offset by increased remmittance earnings (which is proof that overseas Pakistanis have worked hard and given back to their ancestral land - which is commendable and honourable of them)

unless we reach a point where the FOREX reserves are so low that we dont even have enough for 2-3 months worth of imports, i dont think we should even opt for the IMF. If the spineless govt. keeps bumbling on and robbing the country they dont give a flying rats **** about then we'll have no choice but to once again cut off humanitarian/development projects and adhere to what the emergency ward (IMF in Washington) orders us to do......our reserves position at present is satisfactory but less than ideal - and it'll get worse because we are now paying off the $7.95 billion (my figure may be off slightly) owed from previous tranche -money which has clearly kept us in this spiralling debt trap. Luckily for Pakistan's sake, we have always been responsible with repayments to avoid out of control interest. But all this -- again -- at the expense of our FOREX position.

there is no DISCIPLINED leaderership in Pakistan.....they are as good as dead. They were dead even before they left their mothers stinking wombs

Who is stopping govt to raise indirect tax ? If they want to increase tax/gdp ratio they can do it in many ways .

Who is stopping govt to raise indirect tax ? If they want to increase tax/gdp ratio they can do it in many ways .

nothing.....except vote-bank politics, and a few uneducated Pakistanis who opt to burn tyres and shout slogans because they want things for free in life -- not realizing that its in national interest and CITZENRY OBLIGATION to pay up.

but it goes back again to electing crooks; people who dont pay taxes are either unable or unwilling to do so, knowing the moneys get mis-used and mis-directed

circular problem

our balance of payments issue is being resolved somewhat satisfactorily....main issue is poor tax to GDP rate which is worse even by African standards.....dwindling FDI has been slightly offset by increased remmittance earnings (which is proof that overseas Pakistanis have worked hard and given back to their ancestral land - which is commendable and honourable of them)

unless we reach a point where the FOREX reserves are so low that we dont even have enough for 2-3 months worth of imports, i dont think we should even opt for the IMF. If the spineless govt. keeps bumbling on and robbing the country they dont give a flying rats **** about then we'll have no choice but to once again cut off humanitarian/development projects and adhere to what the emergency ward (IMF in Washington) orders us to do......our reserves position at present is satisfactory but less than ideal - and it'll get worse because we are now paying off the $7.95 billion (my figure may be off slightly) owed from previous tranche -money which has clearly kept us in this spiralling debt trap. Luckily for Pakistan's sake, we have always been responsible with repayments to avoid out of control interest. But all this -- again -- at the expense of our FOREX position.

there is no DISCIPLINED leaderership in Pakistan.....they are as good as dead. They were dead even before they left their mothers stinking wombs

if Pakistan pays his loan $7.95 billion...Pakistan will be left with around $5-6 billion....
wow it will be scary situation for Pakistan....

if Pakistan pays his loan $7.95 billion...Pakistan will be left with around $5-6 billion....

i think $ 7.95 billion is total outstanding and they will have to repay with interest in few installments

i think you didnt really comprehend my post too well.....5-6b is by todays standards a scary proposition but you conveniently overlooked the part where i clearly stated that remmittance earnings have provided a good cushion.

furthmore, the banking and private sector have been fairly resilient -- despite (not because of) the government. Increased interest in Pakistan's IT industry, textiles, fashion industry and raw stuffs like rice/daal/fruits/etc. would also offset that and its being facilitated by a weakening rupee.

not all is rosy, but not all is gloomy either......a relatively young population of 180 m ensures that domestic consumption will always be there. 180m is a good sized market.

furthermore, few studies have been conducted to quantify the informal sector -- which is very difficult to document.

i think $ 7.95 billion is total outstanding and they will have to repay with interest in few installments

loans can be deferred should the need arise

nothing.....except vote-bank politics, and a few uneducated Pakistanis who opt to burn tyres and shout slogans because they want things for free in life -- not realizing that its in national interest and CITZENRY OBLIGATION to pay up.

but it goes back again to electing crooks; people who dont pay taxes are either unable or unwilling to do so, knowing the moneys get mis-used and mis-directed

circular problem

Actually there is no proper system ...also corruption has become so bad that people know that if they dont pay tax..nothing will happen....in fact only salaried people are paying tax...all rich people not paying even single penny.....

Already country output is almost zero and above that no tax revenue.....very bad scenario....

i think you didnt really comprehend my post too well.....5-6b is by todays standards a scary proposition but you conveniently overlooked the part where i clearly stated that remmittance earnings have provided a good cushion.

furthmore, the banking and private sector have been fairly resilient -- despite (not because of) the government. Increased interest in Pakistan's IT industry, textiles, fashion industry and raw stuffs like rice/daal/fruits/etc. would also offset that and its being facilitated by a weakening rupee.

not all is rosy, but not all is gloomy either......a relatively young population of 180 m ensures that domestic consumption will always be there. 180m is a good sized market.

furthermore, few studies have been conducted to quantify the informal sector -- which is very difficult to document.

loans can be deferred should the need arise

Pakistan has only $ 12-13B Forex reserve including remittance

Loans can be deferred but that itself is scary situation

I watched an interview of Imran Khan few years back where he raised a very important point about Pakistani society, why the people who are so generous for charity do not pay tax? because they do not believe in the system.

this is our only problem people will happily pay taxes if the money would actually be put to work people will get good developments not nightmares like the ringroad thing and higher ups like the m.p.a ministers to pay the tax too the tax inspector goes there and forces them to pay to and that will never happen and thus nop taxes

IMF is a Zionist organization created to weaken every country on earth, to bring such countries who will borrow from it to massive debt.
I Disagree with your sentence.:tdown: :tdown:

All the deal contains TOS and they gave us Loan at lower interest rate.
You should be thankful for them as they helped us in critical situation and at disaster times.
After earth Quake, Same Zionist NGO , Israeli Flying Aid (IFA) sent a mission to the region and provided thousands of families basic dry food products, blankets, coats, socks, personal clay heating kits and iron sheets to shield temporary shelters from heavy snow.

Loan is not problem, It happens in Business even U.S and other countries are getting Loan from China.
Real problem is Begging with a bowl as zardari was doing.

Back
Top Bottom