What's new

Pakistan has Integrated its Own Standoff Weapons with Turkish Baykar Bayraktar Akıncı: Turkiye Urdu

larger image
F2tQmx4WEAAexVk.jpg:large

So - what is project PF-X ? Not seen any references until now?

Last edited:
Not only ammunition certifications, but the PAF will have variants configured in accordance with its needs. I don't think there is any other equivalent importable UAV system that provides such flexibility both in terms of logistics and operational issues. As far as I understand, Bayraktar brothers are targeting serious investments or cooperation within Pakistan and will localize the system as much as possible for Pakistan. This is not just a system-based cooperation, but a long-term cooperation, and the aim is for Pakistan to become an important participant and supplier in some other projects.

F2wtEXlW4AAJNqb

Any idea about this? The Iranian flag is also included

View attachment 943839

So - what is project PF-X ? Not seen any references until now?
- By the acronym PF-X it is clear that its some aerial fighter platform of Pakistan.

- BUT Picture of flags of Pakistan and other 3 neighbouring countries suggest Pakistan is in some stage of discussion with these countries related to such a project whose IP RIGHTS would be held by Pakistan

- But reports related to Pakistan is in final stage of negotiations/ joining the KAAN program with Turkey suggest that either collaboration/ involvement on KAAN program would be done only on common system and subsystem level but KAAN as a ready platform might not be adopted.

God knows better, but these are few points i deduced from few pictures posted above ..

- By the acronym PF-X it is clear that its some aerial fighter platform of Pakistan.

- BUT Picture of flags of Pakistan and other 3 neighbouring countries suggest Pakistan is in some stage of discussion with these countries related to such a project whose IP RIGHTS would be held by Pakistan

- But reports related to Pakistan is in final stage of negotiations/ joining the KAAN program with Turkey suggest that either collaboration/ involvement on KAAN program would be done only on common system and subsystem level but KAAN as a ready platform might not be adopted.

God knows better, but these are few points i deduced from few pictures posted above ..
The PAF is interested in acquiring the KAAN for its fleet. There's literally no other option like it on the market at this moment (i.e., a large twin-engine platform capable of carrying the strike role). Moreover, I think the induction of the J-10CE has given the PAF a reliable fallback; should the KAAN hit a delay, the PAF can keep adding more J-10CEs. Of course, things could change again once the Chinese have an export-ready NGFA, e.g., land-based J-35.

IMO, stuff like "PF-X" and so on are just meaningless acronyms made to create desk jobs for retired officers. The only time I might consider this stuff remotely credible is if NESCOM or SPD announce it.

Not only ammunition certifications, but the PAF will have variants configured in accordance with its needs. I don't think there is any other equivalent importable UAV system that provides such flexibility both in terms of logistics and operational issues. As far as I understand, Bayraktar brothers are targeting serious investments or cooperation within Pakistan and will localize the system as much as possible for Pakistan. This is not just a system-based cooperation, but a long-term cooperation, and the aim is for Pakistan to become an important participant and supplier in some other projects.

F2wtEXlW4AAJNqb
Pakistan is favored by Turkiye you are getting our unconditional support wherever possible. I dont think Turkiye would give any other country this kind of privilege.

If I am not wrong Integration of weapons means access to codes and hardware compatibility and if we see it in light of Kaan collaboration and if it extends there also then it could be really big news and could provide lot of flexibility to Pakistan. (I know I am assuming too much but may be ........ )

Pakistan is favored by Turkiye you are getting our unconditional support wherever possible. I dont think Turkiye would give any other country this kind of privilege.
There are many posts I have written in the past about the reasons for this. Azerbaijan, Pakistan are very critical for our geopolitical future, never mind all these industrial collaborations, and as driven factor, they are countries with which we have strong ties. Of course, we are not the only ones who see this, the recent anti-Pakistan PSYOP activities in TR, which came out of nowhere, are a reflection of this. Anyway, all this is not relevant to the topic of this thread.

To return to the topic, the integration and coordination of Pakistan and Turkiye's forces, esp buildup air combatant and naval side could lead to the emergence of a third factor, a collective military superpower between the two poles in the coming decades.

KAAN, KE, etc. are just flares. There is great potential within Pakistan and if we can play a positive role in mobilizing it, it will not only benefit Pakistan but also Turkish interests. Political crises, economic problems, some other issues, these are just the sediment on the underlying treasure.

There are many posts I have written in the past about the reasons for this. Azerbaijan, Pakistan are very critical for our geopolitical future, never mind all these industrial collaborations, and as driven factor, they are countries with which we have strong ties. Of course, we are not the only ones who see this, the recent anti-Pakistan PSYOP activities in TR, which came out of nowhere, are a reflection of this. Anyway, all this is not relevant to the topic of this thread.

To return to the topic, the integration and coordination of Pakistan and Turkiye's forces, esp buildup air combatant and naval side could lead to the emergence of a third factor, a collective military superpower between the two poles in the coming decades.

KAAN, KE, etc. are just flares. There is great potential within Pakistan and if we can play a positive role in mobilizing it, it will not only benefit Pakistan but also Turkish interests. Political crises, economic problems, some other issues, these are just the sediment on the underlying treasure.
From the way I see it, the reason Turkey is trying to establish closer to defence ties with Pakistan is not because of immediate benefits or significant support in KAAN right now - but in the future over the long-term as Pakistan's industry also begins to mature and become professional (hopefully, inshAllah), Turkey will see it as a key ally for future projects to collaborate and share equal/significant work loads.

Remember, US and China are working on 6th generation fighter jets already, few decades down the line the world will move forward, it's at this time the partnerships built today will be stronger and extremely beneficial in the future.

Back
Top Bottom