What's new

Pakistan gets first part of power plant gifted by UAE

Nahraf

Reaction score
Pakistan gets first part of power plant gifted by UAE - Energy - ArabianBusiness.com

Pakistan gets first part of power plant gifted by UAE
by Andrew White
September 2010
Electrical-Plant_thumb.jpg

POWER PLANT: The first component of a 320MW dual fuel power plant gifted by the UAE has arrived in Pakistan. (Getty Images)

The first component of a 320MW dual fuel power plant gifted by the UAE has arrived in Pakistan, with the entire plant expected to be delivered by the end of October.

According to a spokesman from the Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO), the plant comprises five frames, each of 16MW, and eight frames each of 30MW.

The spokesman told Pakistan’s Daily Times newspaper that the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan had promised to donate a power plant Pakistan to help the efforts of the government to increase power generation in the country.

The plant, it was reported, was donated by the UAE government on the request of the Pakistani president, fulfilling the commitment made by the late Sheikh Zayed.

What city or area of cities ,towns etc will this plant give power to? do we know?

Because it PEPCO so i am guessing it's not Karachi.

KESC is setting up it's own so i guess this one is for inland.

what a shame guys look at your past we give them first civil air craft to start ther air line and after 40 years we begg from them my head is down in shame.

UAE-gifted 320MW plant to reach by end of next month

Published: September 16, 2010

LAHORE - The first consignment of a 320-MW Duel Fuel power plant gifted by United Arab Emirates (UAE) arrived in Pakistan on September 11, 2010. The entire plant is scheduled to reach Pakistan in three phases by the end of October 2010. The plant comprises 5 frames each of 16-MW and 8 frames each of 30 MW.

His Highness (Late) Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan had promised to donate a power plant to help efforts of the government of Pakistan to increase power generation in the country. The power plant has been donated by the UAE government on the request of President of Pakistan. The gift by the government of UAE not only fulfills the commitment made by (Late) Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan but also reflects the close and friendly relations between two brotherly countries.

It would be pertinent to state here that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on 04-02-2009 between Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) on behalf of Government of Pakistan and Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) on behalf of UAE Government envisaging the commissioning of the 320-MW power plant in Pakistan. This MoU was signed by Raja Pervaiz Ashraf Minister for Water and Power, Govt of Pakistan and His Highness Diab Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan on behalf of the Govt of UAE.
PEPCO has already taken a decision with the approval of Government of Pakistan that the plant will be installed adjacent to Gas Turbine Station, Nishatabad Faisalabad where enough land and necessary infrastructure is already available.

General Electric Company (GEC) the manufacturers of the power plant have been approached to install the power plant. The plant will start generation of electricity after civil works and erection are completed by the end of 2011. PEPCO is also planning to install another 120 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant, which will be fueled by the exhaust of this 320 MW power plant. This would increase efficiency and the total generation to 440 MW.

The plant, it was reported, was donated by the UAE government on the request of the Pakistani president, fulfilling the commitment made by the late Sheikh Zayed

bhool ker bhi bol dia to hm plant nikalwa ker he rahen gay!:rofl:

power generation will start by th end of 2011..long wait!

what a shame guys look at your past we give them first civil air craft to start ther air line and after 40 years we begg from them my head is down in shame.

Time changes everything dear this is called qismat ke khel!

Imran bhai reason is they've spent sincerely to explore minerals and Oil and today we can see where they stand, even take the example of Iran the best example so far. We Pakistan has so much of natural resources but due to our political lot Pakistan has been kept away from becoming debt free. simple example is S.Korea alone they get billions of dollars per anum from their port had gawadar being developed in 90's and proper management into right hands and good marketing today if not Pakistan would have been earning 10+ billion a year thus that money could have been diverted for all this electrical plants.

This is good, perhaps there are a few more things that Sheikh Zayed promised that we can get at this stage we are in.

One another thing, a lot of electricity must be used by Sheikh Zayed's Palace in Karachi and Rahim Yar Khan. I guess these will compensate for all the electricity used by them over the years.

This is a picture of his palace in Karachi that I took recently.

59941430811677097574827.jpg

One another thing, a lot of electricity must be used by Sheikh Zayed's Palace in Karachi and Rahim Yar Khan. I guess these will compensate for all the electricity used by them over the years.

Faz saab do you know the meaning of 320MW of electricity? I am sorry but this statement made me think like you find no difference between 320MW and 320kW :lol:

This is good, perhaps there are a few more things that Sheikh Zayed promised that we can get at this stage we are in.

This is a picture of his palace in Karachi that I took recently.

59941430811677097574827.jpg
But they are paying bill for what they are using right ? then no need to compensate(with given logic).
BTW place looks cool. can you post some more pics of it.

Faz saab do you know the meaning of 320MW of electricity? I am sorry but this statement made me think like you find no difference between 320MW and 320kW :lol:

Just some light hearted sarcasm on my part Bhai.

But you have to see the place yourself to it's size, also the number if air conditioners in this palace is mind boggling. Nothing that requires 320MW of course but still.

But they are paying bill for what they are using right ? then no need to compensate(with given logic).
BTW place looks cool. can you post some more pics of it.

It is used by Sheikhs from middle east for personal purposes and nothing more, if it isn't official residence then I am sure they pay their bills.

As for pics, I will take another from further away to show everyone how big it is. Look it up on google maps, type this 'sheikh zayed palace karachi'.

Pictures of Karachi and Pakistan in particular are limited online, cannot find them anywhere for some areas.

Makes me want to be a sheikh too.

Just some light hearted sarcasm on my part Bhai.

But you have to see the place yourself to it's size, also the number if air conditioners in this palace is mind boggling. Nothing that requires 320MW of course but still.

Indeed its a big place T-Faz Sir,
I Zoomed in from the google maps and really felt like a palace. Well developed with all the facilities you could ask for. The area itself is almost equal to 12 houses of its neighbours from the length (if i counted correctly) and 30 houses from the width So yes they will be burning huge amount of electricity. May be equal to the electricity being used in 50/80 houses around?

But 320MW is more than enough to light thousands of houses and/or hundreds of thousands of peoples at a given time. So the difference is still huge albeit I now understand that was a sarcasm so yes I apologize for my last post.

sheikhzayedkarachi.jpg

Another thing I would like to point it out is that this particular area and adjourning areas do not undergo load shedding, load shedding is far and in between. However the poorer neighbourhoods, suffer from much longer hours of load shedding.

It is unfortunate that the poor have to suffer continuously, we need high MW power plants in our country if we are to meet the ever growing challenges that we face, especially in relation to electricity consumption.

As for Sheikh Zayeds palace, it was built some time ago, but the design and cladding has never looked dated or old.

Btw, I have a lot of respect for Sheikh Zayed, he was very tolerant and well mannered.

Back
Top Bottom