What's new

Pakistan Foreign Minister to visit Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan Foreign Minister to visit Sri Lanka

The Foreign Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani Khar will be visiting Sri Lanka from 1st to 3rd August, 2012, at the invitation of her Sri Lankan counterpart, Minister of External Affairs Prof. G.L. Peiris.

During her three day visit, Hina Rabbani Khar will call on the Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and will also meet several top leaders of Sri Lanka.

The two sides will hold discussions for strengthening political, defense, cultural, tourism, media, economic, business and trade relations while forging strong bonds between the two nations.

The visit is aimed at enhancing bilateral ties between the people of the two countries which date back to the days of the Buddhist civilization and have been marked by a shared interest in regional peace and stability.

Since the establishment of diplomatic relations between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in 1948, the two countries have consistently maintained close, cordial and a mutually supportive relationship.

Sri Lanka : Pakistan\'s Foreign Minister to visit Sri Lanka with an aim to bolster ties

seems good. Now the report that was saying about building nuclear power plant gets weight.

Ahhh...very good news ! I read somewhere that Sri Lanka - Pakistan trade volume has reached the $4b p.a mark, considering the size of the Sri Lankan economy and the shape of their Pakistani counterpart - thats massive ! I hope that this figure crosses the $10b p.a barrier in the next 5 years. And yeah I do want to visit 'Sri Lanka' one day...so a stronger initiative to strengthen 'tourism' back and forth would be most welcoming.

P.S Yup...I hope for greater military to military ties ! Pakistan could learn a lot from their 'Sri Lankan' counterparts when it comes to counter insurgency in some of the more 'forested areas' up North.

Back
Top Bottom