What's new

Pakistan expresses solidarity with Saudi Arabia after US charges on OPEC

Don't get angry with Bajwa. He went to get spare parts for F-16.
More like preparing luxury life for his children and retirement. If he really wants spare for F-16. There is no need for purchase of J-10C or even JF-17.

This is huge news, more and more countries are heading East!

I think Saudi has promised of bailout. In case of any Pakistan default. Can USA promise any country to country loan for Pakistan? No... They will just ask u go IMF.

If oil prices were $60 per barrel there would be no need for a bailout

@epebble

Looks like the description "Army with a Country" fits even more appropriately for Pakistan than Prussia.

Thanks for bringing up my favourite simile. I had in fact even written a thread on it on PDF. I am a long time admirer of the KOP; and because of that although I come from what maybe considered a hostile country, I have always nurtured a soft corner for Pakistan.

Anyway coming back to KSA, it is a complex issue really. Pakistan has always viewed itself as a Citadel of Islam; and that being the case KSA being the home of the Two Holy Cities and the House of Saud being the Keeper of the Two Holy Cities holds a place in the heart of the average Pakistani which goes beyond mere economic or political interests.

Regards

Saudi has been bailing Pakistan for many years. If not, it's the Chinese. So I don't know what u r taking.

You think Pakistan is stupid to ask for high oil price and support blindly? Obviously, of cos from Saudi assurance.

While it's US who always ask other to do their bidding while with zero monetary promise in return becos they think they are mighty USA. Do service for USA is a mighty honour. No need payback. Lol..

Only country with no honor, no backbone will do US bidding. Australia is sick of being continue fool by USA. That is why they kick Morrison out and choose Albanese who is more looking out for the interest of Australia.

Do you have any factual data to outline the amount of money Saudis have given Pakistan ?

I bet it is a fraction of what USA has given Pakistan

Anyway coming back to KSA, it is a complex issue really. Pakistan has always viewed itself as a Citadel of Islam; and that being the case KSA being the home of the Two Holy Cities and the House of Saud being the Keeper of the Two Holy Cities holds a place in the heart of the average Pakistani which goes beyond mere economic or political interests.
All fine and understandable. But offering to cut off one's hand (or leg or head) to please the lord sounds very Abrahamic. But even he was asked to sacrifice his son and not himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom